• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yes, Cesc shoould win something. People are blind.

Guns and Arses

In Joel's article:

"Fabregas should be the Young Player of the Year this season, not Rooney. Fabregas played the biggest team in the Premiership yesterday at the age of 18 and stood up to Gallas, Terry, Lampard and Makelele many times during the game. By the end of the night, he was competing on equal terms. It's easy to be a striker at 18, all you need is skill. A midfielder needs tonnes of intelligence. It generally doesn't come without the experience of age. Fabregas is a great promising talent and my Young Player of the Year."

I was so pissed when I found out that Cesc wasn't even nominated for the young player of the year award. WTF?

He's excellent and he's still a teenager. What he's done throughout the season is sensational and yet his contribution is not recognized(not enough goals maybe?).

invisibleman18

Established Member
yeah was a bit suprising he wasnt nominated. but i guess he hasnt had a great second half of the season. hes been good, but his early season form has not been reached again. i guess the guys nominated have done it all season.

Aussie

Established Member
The fact that he hasnt been nominated is total bollox.

He was unproven in the premiership. We all knew of his potential but this season he turned that potential into ability. He is only 17 and he took on and knocked of a lot of older more experienced people this season. He should have been young player of the year not doubt.

He didnt have one thing though. He is not English.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Its criminal that he didn't even get a nomination.

If he was English, no doubt the media would've been creaming their jeans every time he touched the ball.

Sammer

Established Member
Gazza Martinez said:

If he was English, no doubt the media would've been creaming their jeans every time he touched the ball.

So true, on the other hand, it´s good that he doesn´t get that media hype. Let him be more "unnoticed" for a couple of years, no problem with that.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
That is a good way of looking at it Sammer, we all know that he talented and really thats all that matters. The whole media hype could really stuff him around espically him being so young.

Jinn

Established Member
He'll win it at some point in the next few years. He's so young, he'll be thought of as a young player for the next five years at least.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Good as Fabregas has been, and he has been very good, he hasn't made an impact in the goals/ assists category. I think that's what has resulted in him not being nominated. Though how SWP is being nominated age 23 and after two or three full seasons with City, I don't know. It'd be good to know what the criteria is for the young player award.

Yeah...i was totally surprised that Cesc was not even nominated as Young Player of the Year...Rooney did not do well also in all season (if Cesc 2nd half season performance was the reason for not nominated) ..on teh contrary Rooney should not even be nominated...being Ypung Player of the Year should also reflect professionalism on and off teh pitch coz the guy could be a role model for youngsters over the globe..Cesc was fantastic both on and off teh pitch..Rooney grab headlines for too many wrong reasons ( throwing armband - etc etc) and i dont really believed that rooney was really that excellent in the EPL...

Mark

Established Member
Fabregas deserves the recognition as he is a tremendous player, but as has been said, it is a blessing in disguise really. If he was English the media would not leave him alone. This way, he can progress quietly. We all know of his quality, who cares what anyone else says?

Shomo

Gazza Martinez said:

Spot on mate if he was english,the media will have started dubbing him the new Maradona,new zidane,new this and new that,blah blah :x

how annoying

Henry IV

It's disgraceful that Fabregas wasn't even nominated. I know a Man Utd supporter and even he thinks it should have been Cesc all the way for the young player of the year award. It was his first season in the first team and he was in there playing like a veteran. His passing was accurate and intelligent and he repaid the faith that Wenger showed in him. He wasn't at all fazed by playing for the Premiership champions? How can you not nominate Fabregas?

scooter

Fabregas for Prime Minister. He has been fantastic for his age. A quiet achiever like Toure and Lauren. I wonder how Edu feels?

Guns and Arses

Mark said:
Fabregas deserves the recognition as he is a tremendous player, but as has been said, it is a blessing in disguise really. If he was English the media would not leave him alone. This way, he can progress quietly. We all know of his quality, who cares what anyone else says?
I know, we all love him and we are so impressed with his performace. But it's always what the "others" say that matters. The PFA, FA or whatever body are the ones that have power.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom