• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yids!

Is the use of the word Yids and Yiddos in threatening chants or slogans acceptable?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Don't Know

• Sometimes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soler

Established Member
The Mini said:
I do try to take it with a pinch of salt (As an Israeli, a handful of Salt) but I want to rid football of this sort of stuff.

No offence, but I don't think 50,000 Rotterdammers will listen to a word you say when they play Ajax at De Kuip.

Split

I want to make it clear, I only didn't want Clockend Faithful blocked so he could truly see where he is going wrong and to see him change his views.

But from what you're saying Young1, you and your brother haven't done that!

Split

The Mini said:
Split said:
You are certainly not doing that where Mini (and many other jews) are concerned!

I'll sit here and nod like I understand.

Sorry mean I didn't write that very well.

I just mean't that young1 and clockend are not showing you and others much consideration or respect.

understand?

Split

Mad Jens said:
The Mini said:
I do try to take it with a pinch of salt (As an Israeli, a handful of Salt) but I want to rid football of this sort of stuff.

No offence, but I don't think 50,000 Rotterdammers will listen to a word you say when they play Ajax at De Kuip.

explain please

The Mini

Split said:
The Mini said:
Split said:
You are certainly not doing that where Mini (and many other jews) are concerned!

I'll sit here and nod like I understand.

Sorry mean I didn't write that very well.

I just mean't that young1 and clockend are not showing you and others much consideration or respect.

understand?

Just about.

Soler

Established Member
Well, they give adequate warning the Rotterdammers say and then explain it. Now you know why I said they wouldn't listen to a word you say.

A

Anonymous

Political correctness, I cant stand it.

There is NOTHING wrong what so ever in calling Tottenham yids imo. They call it themselves that for gods sake, often chant it at games.

I can see what you are getting at, but what you have to understand when Arsenal fans chant it, make hissing noises, sing songs about auchswitz etc they are not aiming it at the Jewish race but at the Tottenham fans themselves. There is a difference.

The whole killer yid tat, they call themselves the 'yid army' hence killer yid - nothing wrong there.

Whilst they continue to call themselves yids, I will continue also.

Split

Sol said:
Political correctness, I cant stand it.

There is NOTHING wrong what so ever in calling Tottenham yids imo. They call it themselves that for gods sake, often chant it at games.

I can see what you are getting at, but what you have to understand when Arsenal fans chant it, make hissing noises, sing songs about auchswitz etc they are not aiming it at the Jewish race but at the Tottenham fans themselves. There is a difference.

The whole killer yid tat, they call themselves the 'yid army' hence killer yid - nothing wrong there.

Whilst they continue to call themselves yids, I will continue also.

Did you do history at school?

They are using the stereotype that Tottenham fans are Jewish and abusing Jews!

I am really disgusted by some people on here!

The Mini

He has an opinion, but chanting about Auschwitz will not affect or do anything to non jewish Sp**s fans, but it offends nearly every jew.

A

Anonymous

clockend_faithful said:
you are a brainless ****.

Like I said the chants of "We hate Tottenham" "yiddo's" is relatively tame (although I still dislike it) but they are other chants, slogans and ways in people talk, that take it too far. And that is the danger of believing that 'tamer' things don't matter.
and you are a politically correct prik. im not here for yet another slagging match. you have displayed that you do not feel a hate towards the ****, and that you are not so passionate. you go to an arsenal match vs the ****, and look at the passion and intensity. then you would not be stupid enough to complain about the word "yid".
i am not brainless, i am just againt little priks who think they can change the world by being all political correct. end of the day you are being picky and fussy which is rather stupid and pointless. if you disagree with the chant "we hate tottenham" then you are not a true gooner, no true gooner can love arsenal and not feel dislike to the yids. maybe if you and the rest of your politically correct mates actually went down the the s***e hart lane and saw how they treated and abused us, you would not be calling us brainless etc.

if someone is a big enough knob to tatoo "killer yid" across their face, or whatever, it's pretty clear to me that they have a serious attitude/mental problem/deficiency which goes beyond a dislike for our poor relations down the road.
i find it funny how so many on this board jump on the bandwagon and follow what one person says. sol mentioned to me about a man i may know with killer yid on his face, and suddenly all these people who have neveer experienced the true meaning of rivalry are using it against us. why dont you come to an arsenal vs tottenham match, preferably at the lane, then come back and tell me that we arewrong for calling them yids.
trust me, they are ALOT worse.
sol i expect you to back me up on this :lol:

I would have mate, but it looks like I have got on here too late. WHY has Clockend been banned? What has he said that is not true? Nothing I have read so far, unless I have missed something. Banning him is a joke, he is a true 100% proper Gooner.

I have not read all this thread but if someone says "I hate yids" and is an Arsenal fan it should be taken as hating Sp**s fans, not the Jewish race as a whole. It may not be "nice" and is definatly is not politcially correct, but it is all a part of the Arsenal/Tottenham rivalry.

Those of you who have been to WHL will know just the pure hate they have for us. You really do take your life in your hands on darby day at that ground. A couple of my mates have been beaten up by Sp**s fans at that ground, for being an Arsenal fan. But **** happnes, like it or not that is football.

The people who have done that beating up are hooligans - the tottenham hooligans are called the Yid Army. They call it that themselves, and by doing it bring all the so called 'rascism' on themselves.

A Gooner hates a Tottenham fan. A Gooner especailly hates an Tottenham fan who beats you up for being an Arsenal fan. A Gooner there fore hates a Yid. But DOES NOT hate the Jewish people. There is a BIG difference.

Maybe more people need to experience WHL. I dont know.
I agree it is maybe distasteful, but not wrong for the reasons above.

And the guy with killer yid on his face and the cannon. I dont know him but have had a couple of drinks in the pub with him. He is a simple postman, not a racist. His maybe is a bit mad, but like all true Gooners, hates Sp**s - no more.

A

Anonymous

Split said:
Mad Jens said:
I think Sol's a few years out of school ;)

I think he needs to go back to school and develop a few brain cells!

Tell me why.
Ill make it clear I think the songs about Aushwitz are OTT and I never sing them. I know there is a line.

But using the word Yid, whilst Tottenham do is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom