Yids!

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Split, Apr 16, 2004.

?

Is the use of the word Yids and Yiddos in threatening chants or slogans acceptable?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Don't Know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sometimes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soler

Soler New Member Elite

No offence, but I don't think 50,000 Rotterdammers will listen to a word you say when they play Ajax at De Kuip.

2. Split

Split New Member Trusted

I want to make it clear, I only didn't want Clockend Faithful blocked so he could truly see where he is going wrong and to see him change his views.

But from what you're saying Young1, you and your brother haven't done that!

3. Split

Split New Member Trusted

Sorry mean I didn't write that very well.

I just mean't that young1 and clockend are not showing you and others much consideration or respect.

understand?

4. Split

Split New Member Trusted

explain please

5. Soler

Soler New Member Elite

6. The Mini

The Mini New Member

Just about.

7. The Mini

The Mini New Member

8. Soler

Soler New Member Elite

Well, they give adequate warning the Rotterdammers say and then explain it. Now you know why I said they wouldn't listen to a word you say.

9. The Mini

The Mini New Member

I'm not too sure what Rotterdammers have against Jews :?

10. Soler

Soler New Member Elite

Then read them and find out.

11. The Mini

The Mini New Member

Cant be bothered

12. Soler

Soler New Member Elite

Well, I'm not explaining it in great detail when I don't have to.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Political correctness, I cant stand it.

There is NOTHING wrong what so ever in calling Tottenham yids imo. They call it themselves that for gods sake, often chant it at games.

I can see what you are getting at, but what you have to understand when Arsenal fans chant it, make hissing noises, sing songs about auchswitz etc they are not aiming it at the Jewish race but at the Tottenham fans themselves. There is a difference.

The whole killer yid tat, they call themselves the 'yid army' hence killer yid - nothing wrong there.

Whilst they continue to call themselves yids, I will continue also.

14. Split

Split New Member Trusted

We are all individuals ffs!

15. Split

Split New Member Trusted

Did you do history at school?

They are using the stereotype that Tottenham fans are Jewish and abusing Jews!

I am really disgusted by some people on here!

16. Soler

Soler New Member Elite

I think Sol's a few years out of school ;)

17. The Mini

The Mini New Member

He has an opinion, but chanting about Auschwitz will not affect or do anything to non jewish Sp**s fans, but it offends nearly every jew.

18. Split

Split New Member Trusted

I think he needs to go back to school and develop a few brain cells!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would have mate, but it looks like I have got on here too late. WHY has Clockend been banned? What has he said that is not true? Nothing I have read so far, unless I have missed something. Banning him is a joke, he is a true 100% proper Gooner.

I have not read all this thread but if someone says "I hate yids" and is an Arsenal fan it should be taken as hating Sp**s fans, not the Jewish race as a whole. It may not be "nice" and is definatly is not politcially correct, but it is all a part of the Arsenal/Tottenham rivalry.

Those of you who have been to WHL will know just the pure hate they have for us. You really do take your life in your hands on darby day at that ground. A couple of my mates have been beaten up by Sp**s fans at that ground, for being an Arsenal fan. But **** happnes, like it or not that is football.

The people who have done that beating up are hooligans - the tottenham hooligans are called the Yid Army. They call it that themselves, and by doing it bring all the so called 'rascism' on themselves.

A Gooner hates a Tottenham fan. A Gooner especailly hates an Tottenham fan who beats you up for being an Arsenal fan. A Gooner there fore hates a Yid. But DOES NOT hate the Jewish people. There is a BIG difference.

Maybe more people need to experience WHL. I dont know.
    I agree it is maybe distasteful, but not wrong for the reasons above.

And the guy with killer yid on his face and the cannon. I dont know him but have had a couple of drinks in the pub with him. He is a simple postman, not a racist. His maybe is a bit mad, but like all true Gooners, hates Sp**s - no more.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell me why.
    Ill make it clear I think the songs about Aushwitz are OTT and I never sing them. I know there is a line.

But using the word Yid, whilst Tottenham do is ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.