• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yoan Gouffran

Juicy

About Gouffran, I'm glad that the possibility of him being loaned back for a season is on the table because it means Wenger is showing a long term commitment. If Wenger wanted to leave the club after this season this deal would be unlikely to happen. He seems an exiting player and in my opinion loaning him out would be the best option. He will be a useful player in the future.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
All in good fun. It seems like everyone we've been linked to, you've said "well, if Real want him, they'll get him over us".

Grampus_Eight

Oh, ok. Not sure what player I wrote that about, but recently with M. Diarra that was certainly the case. And Robinho. And Beast :wink:

However, I guess it's not always the case as Calderon et. al. are such a bunch of ******. Didn't persuade Ribery to join. Refusing to pay us couple of million to land Reyes. If they don't get Robben and miss out on Reyes they'll have had a great summer.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
they are about to sign robben and drenthe, both good signings for them. i would also hope reyes joins them so that they can make la liga more interesting. i view it now as a one way fight with barca leading the way after having such a good squad.

RM is still rebuilding. the players they don't want might actually be players we can have use of like M. Diarra, Robinho.

Grampus_Eight

Diarra was immense for them down the stretch. He willed them through a couple of matches. Robinho is too talented and too popular to leave.

Emerson, Cassano and Guti are the players who remain available. No thanks.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i have actually heard rumours that diarra might be sold. robinho, i am not sure, but what i am certain is if the price is right real madrid is willing to do business with anybody for robinho

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I got a feeling Diarra's agent just touting Arsenal's name to get more attention.

I don't think Diarra will come to Arsenal.

Glovegun

Established Member
tactica442 said:
I got a feeling Diarra's agent just touting Arsenal's name to get more attention.

I don't think Diarra will come to Arsenal.

Are you confusing Lassana and Mahamadou?

Grampus_Eight

They have something in common though. Neither is coming to Arsenal.

Lassana would probably like to, but is Wenger going to give fewer chances to Denilson, Diaby, Flamini and Song to get L. Diarra?

Would Chelsea even sell him to us if the Boss wanted him and was planning on selling/loaning Song and cutting ties with Flamini sooner than later?

And M. Diarra made it clear that he didn't want to play for Arsenal when he left Lyon. I vaguely remember reading that we tried to activate a release in his Lyon contract 3 or 4 years ago where he would have been release from Lyon for around £3.5m if a club upped his wages from £10k per week to £30-40k. However, he just signed an improved contract with Aulas instead.

He was hugely influential down the stretch for Madrid - a constant in their title run. Carried the team on more than a few occassions. And scored one of the best headers I've seen from Reyes' corner to seal the league for them.

Where has anyone read than Mahamadou Diarra is available?

M+D

Established Member
Bottom of Link

Hardly any information, just says that "Wenger had scouts watching £3million-rated Gouffran, 21, in his last two games for Caen against Nice and Nancy".

dos1986

Established Member
Getting really annoyed with Arsène,this lad is class and he is choosing to play Eboue at right wing for the sake of £2.5mill.....

Top Bottom