• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yoan Gouffran

siddharth

Dos i understand your frustration about eboue but how exactly can you be sure that Gouffran will be much better on the wing ? He is after all a forward first. I want wenger to sign a proper winger for a change. If that means overpaying then so be it.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
tbh i dont think we need gouffran if we have walcott
why get modric if we have rosicky, too many simlar players
we need to mix up the team and have another attacking player with a different dynamic to cause defenders rukus when they come on or if they start
and anelka and quaresma are prime examples of what we dont have but will need over a course of 38 + however more games

>YounGunner<

Established Member
I was speaking to a french lad who i knew since school and he reckons Gouffran is best talent in France.

Cant say ive seen the guy play but he sounds like quality.

dos1986

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:
I was speaking to a french lad who i knew since school and he reckons Gouffran is best talent in France.

Can see ive seen the guy play but he sounds like quality.

From what I have seen of Gouffran he is on a totally different level to Theo.....the only thing they have in common is pace.....

I fear we have lost out on Gouffran,just like we lost on Bodmer......If we we were going to get Gouffran we would have got him already,I saw extended highlights of Caen's win over Nice,where Gouffran showed everyone that he will be a hit this season in Ligue 1......

He will surely cost £8mill plus next season......so he's gone imo..

Gurgen

Established Member
Why loan him back? He's quality and can do a job for us now. Can play on the wing and can play up front, negating the need for a 4-5-1.

dos1986

Established Member
Guillermo said:
Has Gouffran played on the wing before or is this a suggestion based upon Wenger playing Wiltord on the wing?

He played as a striker until about 18 months ago,then he was moved to the right wing and hasnt looked back.....He's a winger now,in the kinda of Ronaldo mould of a winger...he's a powerful runner,with great power in both feet and has explosive acceleration....I havent seen much of him upfront,but I have been told that he is actually a better winger than a main striker,because of his balance and ability on the ball.....

Asterix

Established Member
I just can't see us signing anyone else, as much as I love new blood coming into the squad to freshen us up and give us more options.

I like the reverse Wiltord idea too - someone who can finish moving to the flanks. Could get some more goals from midfield.

Although you must admit, half of our competitive goals this season have come from midfield. Ahem.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I don't feel we will sign him , we have had all season to put in a bid , unless of course the loan deal has already been arranged and done . Only reason I can think why this rumour and loan deal story has persisted for so long.

longrufus

Established Member
Great young player, and as Gurgen says, why loan him back as he could do a job for us now.

Not to mention i'd be a Guiness better off

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He is really the type of plaer we need as well , someone willing to run past the strikers litke Freddie used to do and not afraid to score . I can't think of a good reason Arsène won't bring him here. Dunno.

asajoseph

Established Member
longrufus said:
Great young player, and as Gurgen says, why loan him back as he could do a job for us now.

Not to mention i'd be a Guiness better off

:)

We'd probably loan him back for the same reasons we loaned Djourou to Brum.

After all, we're now more 'covered' on the wing than we are at centre-back - unless Wenger's having second thoughts about the Eboue experiment.

longrufus

Established Member
Even if Wenger is fully confident about the Eboue experiment, i still think we are short in numbers in the wide areas.

Eboue is firstly, an expeirement, and is away to the ACN come January. We'll be lucky to get 30games from Rosicky. Walcott will make an impact this year, but will struggle with consistancy. Which leaves us with Hleb as our only dependable wide player.

It just means that we'll see Flamini, Diaby and Denilson playing too many games there.

On the topic of CB, im thinking that Wenger will use Gilberto there if needed. My worry is that if he has to play there for a prolonged period, the backline will suffer. Although i fully understand why he's sent Djourou on loan. Hopefully we wont be unlucky with injuries.

asajoseph

Established Member
Gilberto at CB is little different from Diaby on the wings, in my opinion.

But hey, you're preaching to the choir mate - I agree with you, and think our lack of depth (and, sadly, quality) in wide areas will hurt us this season.

What more can I say - Wenger doesn't agree with me.

longrufus

Established Member
Hopefully he agree's with both of us, then i can enjoy a lovely pint of the black stuff free of charge!

JazzG

Established Member
What's your opinion on him brianfrance? Out of anyone here you would probably know best about him.

Oh and good to see you back, been a long time since I saw you and haven't seen bobbypires in ages as well. Also surprised you not using your favourite smiley yet

:bounce

brianfrance

Established Member
I haven't seen Bobby for months, but I'm not there everyday as I used to be...fecking foreign bird :mrgreen:

Gouffran played in League Two last season, he has to raise his game for the L1, let alone the PL. Not convinced he could have an impact now. I hope I'm wrong :)

Top Bottom