Yoan Gouffran

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by GoonerGurjit, Apr 12, 2007.

1. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

People is like one step above Tribal, right?

To be honest, if we only end up with Gouffran, Ayew and Freeman, I think Wenger is clearly considering this season part of the rebuilding process.

2. kamikaze80

kamikaze80 New Member Elite

if we're bringing gouffran in, along with vela, that means diaby out for sure and walcott and eboue would have to be considering their futures as well. out of those three, i think eboue would be the only one worth keeping as he'd provide a different look as a squad player.

3. Rohit

Rohit New Member Elite

I know he was called a winger earlier in this thread, does he play more as a striker now, because he is being reported as a striker everywhere.

4. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

i think he will be rosicky's backup, and play on the wings. something like walcott role.

anyway, i don't think his imminent arrival will led to either diaby or theo leaving.

5. Webdesignlab

Webdesignlab New Member

IF we do sign him, let's hope he is a Clichy rather than a Cygan. Half as good as Clichy will do.

6. tactica442

tactica442 Member Trusted

Only three days left. Could this Gouffran come to Arsenal?

Wenger may consider adding a striker or a scoring winger this January. Robin's injury is far too uncertain.

7. Rocafella

Rocafella New Member

i'd love for this guy to join up with the squad but i don't think it will happen in this window.

we can't afford to try and blood him in from now till may and if he's going to be a backup then why bring him in when we've got cover.

at least in the summer we'll be able to unload a player or two to accommodate him.

8. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

anyone know if Freeman is actually done?

9. GoonerGurjit

GoonerGurjit New Member Elite

Well he came on as a sub on Wednesday against Mputu's team, so I would say Freeman is signed, sealed and delivered.

10. famous no 10

famous no 10 New Member Elite

...or was it another trial?

11. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Arse Emeritus Administrator

Yeah, as GoonerGurjit said:

http://youngguns.wordpress.com/2008/01/ ... under-18s/

"Luke Freeman also made his debut, as we told you first and exclusively on Young Guns, but failed to impress, Arsenal’s high quality passing and movement meant the striker was a little out of his depth but remember it was only his debut."

12. GoonerGurjit

GoonerGurjit New Member Elite

From the same site:

13. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

well, we cant expect him to fit in perfectly as soon as he gets here.. lets hope he gets used to our playing style though..

14. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

Or else!!!! :evil:

15. banduan

banduan New Member

It is entirely possible we're getting Gouffran cos of Tom's situation.

16. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

It's also entirely possible this whole thing is another hoax meant to screw with our heads. I won't believe we've signed Freeman officially until it's on Arsenal.com, likewise with Gouffran.

17. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

18. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

freeman is done and dusted. he has already made his debut. i hope we get tresor mputu, manure's own african is shining in ANC that manucho.

meanwhile
    btw, this site reported that we are in for deco. lol bullshit
    http://www.sportingo.com/football/arsen ... /1001,6826

19. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

Wonder what his skills are like on the ball???
    If he can run with the ball at his pace he'll be phenominal - like TH & LeSulk & LeSulk2..............will also determine if he will be used from the flanks or forward line, although I suppose it gives us better options for a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 with more penetration wide & genuine goalscoring options...........

20. goonerwarsh

goonerwarsh Well-Known Member Trusted

Apart from Theo, one thing I think we have lacked this season up front is genuine blistering pace. A few times when we've gone in behind defences we haven't been as effective as recent seasons when we've had a Wright, Anelka or Henry. With Walcott, he's fast enough but he isn't as clinical yet