• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yoan Gouffran

Paddy from Sweden

kooldawg said:
But he's looks like a good talent.

Besides, the Boss probably has to replace 2 strikers, Bap and ali. Bendtner will be one replacement and maybe Gouffran is the other replacement.

And are reports of Vela coming back true? Has he sorted out his work permit issues?

I think Vela still is at least one season away from coming to Arsenal.

The Man Who

Paddy from Sweden said:
kooldawg said:
But he's looks like a good talent.

Besides, the Boss probably has to replace 2 strikers, Bap and ali. Bendtner will be one replacement and maybe Gouffran is the other replacement.

And are reports of Vela coming back true? Has he sorted out his work permit issues?

I think Vela still is at least one season away from coming to Arsenal.

Even if Vela does come back next season, i doubt it will be as a striker he will probably start on the wing as he has played there alot this season for Salamanca.

There is still plenty of room for strikers, as Baptista and Aliadiere will hopefully be leaving and henry and Van persie are quite injury prone now. Also there is Adebayor and his consistency problems.

At £2 million its hardly a risk either.

nazo

Established Member
He's fast, can move off the ball well, can use both feet comfortably, and can actually head a ball (after watching a few clips of him). We won't be risking much with 2mil, so i say go for him. Ali and Baptista are probably leaving, so that leaves Henry, Robin, Ade and Bendtner. I don't think Vela will be back next season, and he won't play upfront either. Maybe on the left wing for a while.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
He said he modelled his game on Henry when he played as a striker, but after he was moved to play on the right wing, he decided to model his game on Cristiano Ronaldo!

ewww.

hoyden

Mr. Hotshot said:
dos1986 said:
Mr. Hotshot said:
OMG how many teenage strikers do we need? We already have Bendtner and Vela who are returning to the club next season.

He's 21 in May so not a kid..

Ali is 23 and he's still being called a kid. What I'm trying to say is that, we have TOO many young and inexperienced but have potential strikers. We don't need potential, we need instant-noodle striker who knows the game well enough and can can fit in our team instantly and give us 15-20 goals a season.
This kind of players won't be happy to be 3rd or 4th strikers though. It all depends on what we are looking for now. It's more realistic to go for a young and inexprienced player if we are looking for a back up.

illmatik

Established Member
this kid seems very impressive...21 years old...perfect age and just from watching a couple of videos ive been highly impressed...hope we sign him for 2 mill..i think Arsène won't let this one go away

evoh_1

Established Member
like a shorter more lightweight Anelka mould striker, both foot finishing, great technique, fast, and able to head a ball.

real good option looks better then ali and should be an equal money deal.

JazzG

Established Member
Seems to have a real eye for goal, looks a very natural goalscorer and finisher, though it should be noted that he is playing the the 2nd division in France. If those clips are anything to go by he looks a decent player. That said we could of made Cygan look like Franco Baresi with youtube clips ;)

JML

Arsenal are preparing a £2m summer move for Caen striker Yoan Gouffran. (The Independent)

longrufus

Established Member
Very good young player, could be a likely signing, he'd be competing with Bendtner for a good few games. Walcott in my opinion will play mostly as a wide player for another few seasons before moving upfront.

phil15

Like the club to bring in a reliable goalscorer who has at least proven himself for a while not another kid tbh, as there is no telling that Henry and RVP will be fit throughout the season and Ade, despite being a decent player, looks to be something of a joke in front of goal atm.

The Man Who

His goalscoring record is improving with age and Caen maybe going up so that could add a few million to the price tag.

2001/2002 Caen Ligue 2 0 0
2002/2003 Caen Ligue 2 0 0
2003/2004 Caen Ligue 2 2 0
2004/2005 Caen Ligue 1 8 0
2005/2006 Caen Ligue 2 32 8
2006/2007 Caen Ligue 2 32 13

Latest posts

Top Bottom