• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yoan Gouffran

Mostarac

Established Member
Maybe we should wait a bit and see how he does in the French top-division next season, very few goals are scored in that league, so few that the current top-scorer has just 13 goals this season. If he impresses in the top-division next season, then he must be the real deal.

M+D

Established Member
Mostarac said:
Maybe we should wait a bit and see how he does in the French top-division next season, very few goals are scored in that league, so few that the current top-scorer has just 13 goals this season. If he impresses in the top-division next season, then he must be the real deal.

That would be the ideal situation. But then Wenger risks him doing well in Ligue 1 and at least tripling his cost next summer/January, or, more likely, even getting snapped up this summer by a different club instead. Can't say I'd be disappointed if we don't sign him though....Although I don't know enough about him to comment really.

Mostarac

Established Member
Merida+Denilson said:
That would be the ideal situation. But then Wenger risks him doing well in Ligue 1 and at least tripling his cost next summer/January, or, more likely, even getting snapped up this summer by a different club instead. Can't say I'd be disappointed if we don't sign him though....Although I don't know enough about him to comment really.

Thats true. I think it would not be too bad if we loant him back to Caen or another club playing in the top-division if we were to buy him now. Then he could gain experience of playing at the top level in France for a year before coming back to us.

The Man Who

Mostarac said:
Merida+Denilson said:

Thats true. I think it would not be too bad if we loant him back to Caen or another club playing in the top-division if we were to buy him now. Then he could gain experience of playing at the top level in France for a year before coming back to us.

Or just loan him and pay a small fee for the loan with an option to buy as we did with Alex Song. Obviously if Caen do get promoted They will demand at least double what the asking price is at the minute.

Kenyonhater

Actually the player he reminds me of most is Wrighty - a poacher with good technical ability, pace, two good feet and decent in the air for a small-ish guy. No bad comparison. Can you imagine how many goals Wrighty in his prime would score now with the amount of chances we create.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
kaids said:
He said he modelled his game on Henry when he played as a striker, but after he was moved to play on the right wing, he decided to model his game on Cristiano Ronaldo!

ewww.

Interestingly i once read that ronaldo models his game on thierry henry.In fact he may have even said it in a live interview come to think of it.

That said i think ronaldos game has an element of playground football to it.By that i mean the guy just doesnt pass.Dont get me wrong, hes a great player no matter how i feel about him personally (i think the more praise he gets..the less of a team player he becomes) but he is selfish and squanders alot of clear cut chances by going it alone excessively.
Something not as much a part of thierrys game.

Grampus_Eight

Any news on Gouffran?

Personally, and this is all superficially based upon clip and translated artciles - so it's bound to sound a little daft, I'd like to see Yoan Gouffran signed.

He appears to have all the quality and pace needed to succeed. Yes, he does seem short, but he seems to have a bit of something special in terms of athleticism and good power for his size.

He seems like just the sort of player Arsène might get for 2 or 3m quid and who turns out better than a player like Nani for instance...Would also be a great hedge for Walcott as well.

Moreover, he's been voted Ligue 2 player of the year and while Ligue 2 isn't particularly strong that's still a good accomplishment and if anything shows hard work and focus.

He would be the sort of signing I could envision to arrive with Ribery and instead of someone like Babel.

Grampus_Eight

Gurgen said:
Why are you comparing him with Ribery, Nani and Babel? Isn't he a striker?

My understanding from his quotes is that he's switched to a wider role as wide forward/ winger this season. I could be wrong though. My memory and google translator aren't always the best combination.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Here is a translation of the above article, via babelfish

In English:
Yoan Gouffran should be yielded soon to the English club of Arsenal. The young attacker of Caen, which could sign a three year old contract at Gunners, should however remain in Caen this season in the form of a loan. Will Yoan Gouffran remain or not in Caen after the rise of the club in L1? It is one of the principal questions of this beginning of Mercato on the side of the Norman club. Solicited by Auxerre and Chelsea last season, the young Caen-native attacker has also interested the PSG for several months. Another club follows closely the native of Villeneuve-Saint-George, it acts of Arsenal. The club involved by the French Arsène Wenger should have profit of cause and Gouffran to sign in the next days a contract of three or four years at Gunners. But old international Espoirs must probably have patience before carrying the shirt of Arsenal. It would be indeed agreed that the player is immediately lent to... Caen. And this until the end of the season.

dos1986

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
So he will loaned back to Caen for next season?

Dos1986, will be over the moon if we sign Gouffran.

:p Yep im very happy if true...I french football alot,and Gouffran is class,he has some great gifts and has stood out to me....I hope the loan part isnt true as he is ready to fight for his place straight away imo...He would do a great job on the wing at the moment with his pace and close control...It’s a very exciting time.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
He's been coveted by the likes of Chelsea, Valencia and Lyon too.

Before he has said that he rejected a concrete offer from Chelsea because he wouldn't get in to their team. Judging by that I could see him spending another season on loan at Caen.

Chelsea snub link:

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... d=8&cpid=8

Here's another link (a couple of weeks old) It says we're going to bid 5m Euros+ for him.

www.sport24.com/sport24-fil-info-actual ... 61370.html

http://arsenalrumours.blogspot.com/

Top Bottom