• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yoann Gourcuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruisio

Established Member
MutableEarth said:
I'm dubious about all these "mentally weak" accusations personally. People act like that cannot change - or perhaps it's a falsehood.

Of course it can change, but we're talking about a fully grown man here whose displayed a weak mentality on more than one occasion, not a young kid

I really want us to steer clear of all Ligue 1 signings because as we've found out ourselves, the quality just isn't there these days unless you're paying out big big money. It's the only league Gourcuff has managed to excel in and NOBODY has picked him up in that time despite the fact he's now 27

MDGoonah41

Established Member
i dont think his problems have anything to do with his "mental weakness"

in 2008-2009, he scored 15 and assisted 15 in all competitions in 49 games. he tailed off a bit the following season, 9 and 10 in 43 games. he left for lyon, played 39 games in 2010-2011, then just 23 and 19 in what should have been the beginning of his peak, his age 25 and 26 seasons.

the talent is there. hes had groin issues and he had that ankle injury. if hes fit, he has the talent to start for us. whether he can stay fit is another issue. but between him and rosicky, we can probably get 45 games total, so sure, sign him up!

k24bfan

If he joins us he's just going to get injured and be in the medical center half the year. This must be the "value" in the market AW is looking for.

Cruisio

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
i dont think his problems have anything to do with his "mental weakness"

in 2008-2009, he scored 15 and assisted 15 in all competitions in 49 games. he tailed off a bit the following season, 9 and 10 in 43 games. he left for lyon, played 39 games in 2010-2011, then just 23 and 19 in what should have been the beginning of his peak, his age 25 and 26 seasons.

the talent is there. hes had groin issues and he had that ankle injury. if hes fit, he has the talent to start for us. whether he can stay fit is another issue. but between him and rosicky, we can probably get 45 games total, so sure, sign him up!

I see the same weakness in him when I see him play that I saw in Nasri

Not wanting to do enough with the talent he's clearly got in his feet and will shy away from pushing on when he really needs to

People are (perhaps rightly) getting pretty desperate, but let's not try and sugarcoat this for something it isn't. Gourcuff's an alright player, sometimes great but often not and we've made waayyyy too many signings like that recently

MDGoonah41

Established Member
i concede that, but i think hes realistic because it will mean we wont have to break our transfer record* and because hes french**. we've left our business late, not much in the shop windows. hes a better bet than zel or whatever other kid we'd try and rush from the reserves. and we'll need them anyway when gourcuff gets hurt

* number one criteria on wenger's list
** number two criteria on wenger's list

arshy9

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
i concede that, but i think hes realistic because it will mean we wont have to break our transfer record* and because hes french**. we've left our business late, not much in the shop windows. hes a better bet than zel or whatever other kid we'd try and rush from the reserves. and we'll need them anyway when gourcuff gets hurt

* number one criteria on wenger's list
** number two criteria on wenger's list
:lol: You are in panic mode ,aren't you ?

thedon5

If Sanogo is still our only signing on September 1st then this guy would be brilliant for around £5 m.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Is he better than Santi - NO, sp why play him in the middle?

would he be more effective than Rosicky as a back up - can't say I'm convinced

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Useless, stay away please. Rather have Valbuena if you insist on a French AM Arsène

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Posting on his personal Twitter account, Aulas said: “I do not think Gourcuff will move to Arsenal, but in football anything is possible.”

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Second rate has-beens.

Sick of it. Even if we somehow, by miracle, signed a first-rate player or two in the next 11 days, I still wouldn't be wholly satisfied because it would have been a result of panicking and having NO GAME PLAN (metaphorically) as usual.

chessygoal

It makes absolutely no sense for him to move now if he wants to be part of the NT for the next WC. And I'm struggling to identify a player as slow as Gourcuff who was a success in EPL...
Anyway, Lyon would only sell him after the CL qualifiers.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Gourcuff would be a good signing if he wasn't so slow to be fair. Always rated his as a playmaker, but he relies to much on movement around him. Kind of like Riquelme. As you can see we work best with a really mobile AM like Rosicky darting around the box taking on players forcing movement from the opposition.

I like Gourcuff though but he won't move here as if he shows good form for Lyon he could play at the WC for France. An in-form Gourcuff with Pogba and another DM like Matuidi behind him doing all the work could be dangerous.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
wont be signing him now that he played for Lyon in the CL.. wouldnt that make him ineligible for the group stage?

MDGoonah41

Established Member
in think players who play in the qualifier can still transfer and be eligible for another team, but i might be wrong. or it might depend on if their team makes it through the qualifier in to the group stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom