• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yohan Cabaye

• Thread starter KY
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,056
  • Views 151,625

kamikaze80

Established Member
sounds sketchy.

that link also says he's 5.7 ft tall, which would be 5 ft 8 inches. lets not shortchange him that extra inch.

JazzG

Established Member
That is what women say to make you feel better mate ;)

Anyway back on topic, ideally for our central player height would be important because we are a fairly short team and we do suffer aerially a fair bit so we could do with a commanding presence to shield our back four or at least help on corners

Gooner_Milton

JazzG said:
That is what women say to make you feel better mate ;)

Anyway back on topic, ideally for our central player height would be important because we are a fairly short team and we do suffer aerially a fair bit so we could do with a commanding presence to shield our back four or at least help on corners

Ideal candidate would be Yaya Toure then. He's slightly under 6'3.

Good luck prying him from Barca though.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
but he's a monster regardless... can't say that about all shorter CM/DM's... it would be preferable to get a big & tall one, but not the be-all end-all.. we could use some more height, but what we REALLY need is more steel, something Essien has in spades

kamikaze80

Established Member
yippee-cabaye. wish we'd get linked with some real quality. it's getting boring trashing denilson and song every week after yet another 1-1 snoozefest.

Captain

Established Member
Essien is also one of the five most astute and in terms of football, intelligent players in the league.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Lille midfielder Yohan Cabaye has admitted he was flattered to hear that he had been linked with a move to Arsenal.

The highly-rated 23-year-old, who played for France at Under 21 level, has earned rave reviews for his performances in Ligue 1 this season.

He has helped Lille to mount a challenge for European qualification but it appears his displays have not gone unnoticed.

Speculation suggests Arsène Wenger is considering a summer swoop and Cabaye concedes he would find it impossible to resist an offer from the Gunners.

However, there has been no approach as yet and Cabaye insists he is focused solely on trying to do well for Lille.

"I will try to finish the season well with the objective of a European qualification. Then I will take stock," he told Aujourd'hui Sport.

"Arsenal's interest? It is very flattering, but I am under contract and I don't know of any contact.

"Once again I am completely focused on the pitch.

"Would I be attracted? Of course, no one could refuse that. Anyway, I don't think about it."
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5040854,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5040854,00.html</a>

graham_ka

Established Member
I've watched him play a few times and the announcers always mention how he'd fit in with the Arsenal style of play. Personally he hasn't impressed me much, I like the Matuidi character from St. Etienne. He is fast, technical, mobile, sneaky powerful. A good box to box midfielder.

marv3llous

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/342050/Yohan-Cabaye-on-Gunners-wanted-list" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/342 ... anted-list</a>

We're linked, but i think its just inventive journalism since we are seemingly on the market for a midfielder. £20m reported fee ofcourse sounds out of our range aswell.

Thoughts?

marv3llous

He looked good last year, i agree. But would he have a starting spot on our midfield? Him + Arteta as two deeper midfielers much like we imagined Arteta + Sahin would play?

I know he has a great long range shot in him aswell. Would love to add this as a threat for opposition defenders.

Giroud

Established Member
Good strong tackler (made the most in the league last season I think), energetic and great on the ball. I think he has the ability to play as a DLP as well as a B2B player, probably better in the latter role. Really rate this lad and I think Wenger really missed out on him last summer. Surely out of our price range now that he's on a long term deal.

iced22

Very good player, I'd even go so far as to say him and Coloccini were the main driving forces behind Newcastle's season.

But at this point I doubt Newcastle will budge on the price tag.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom