• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yohan Cabaye

• Thread starter KY
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,056
  • Views 151,721
D

Dial Square 1886

Feel sorry for the lad, as he has been hung out to dry a bit really. Still, football is a hard game and he is still a pro' earning thousands a week, so he can't really complain.

Anzac

Established Member
Dumb of us to make those comments over the 'phone in an uncontrolled environment where they can be misconstrued.
We may have meant it in an attempt to lowball their valuation,
as we don't know if Cabaye could have benched Arteta given the opportunity.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

arshy9 said:
James Pearce ‏@Pearcesport 1m

I'm told Mike Ashley let Cabaye listen to phone negotiations last week + he heard Arsenal say: "25 million a lot for a reserve" #moodchanger

LOL
Every man and his dog knew Cabaye would be a squad player, there was no chance we would have offered 25m for him Ashley knew that and played it well if that is true. Feel sorry for Yohan though as he has probably burnt a few bridges in the North East.

GDeep™

League is very weak
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2529145/Arsenal-told-cost-22million-playmaker-Cabaye-Toon.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Toon.html</a>

Written by the DM's more reliable employees I would say. Many will argue a midfielder is the last signing we need, but as most of our guys are either senior or young, I can see Wenger maybe going for a 24-27 year old like Cabaye - who is having a good season btw.

20M is a fair price too, given his age, Premier League experience and status - a starter for France.

An Arteta replacement? I can see it, but Cabaye could do a job in a couple of different roles if needs be.

fabo

6.51 / 10
22m is too much, but Cabaye is a good player. Don't see anything happening in CM over the next few windows though.

Welcome back GDeep.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Cheers mate.

Btw, I think Wenger still has unfinished business at CM when looking at some of the names he apparently missed out on in the last window.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Hi GDeep, I want to say nice to have you back but this is the first time we've been forum members together....

GDeep™

League is very weak
SiMamu said:
Hi GDeep, I want to say nice to have you back but this is the first time we've been forum members together....

Cheers mate. Always thought you deserved your promotion long before you got it.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
GDeep said:
SiMamu said:

Ah, thanks mate. I thought you were too good for the lobby, tbh. While you were a bit outlandish, you posted well and I wouldn't call you a troll. Although there are a number of good posters in the lobby who go unnoticed and are perhaps brought down by the trolls.

GDeep™

League is very weak
SiMamu said:
GDeep said:
SiMamu said:

Ah, thanks mate. I thought you were too good for the lobby, tbh. While you were a bit outlandish, you posted well and I wouldn't call you a troll. Although there are a number of good posters in the lobby who go unnoticed and are perhaps brought down by the trolls.

The lobby is solid tbh, most are good posters.

Back to Cabaye then, and hopefully Neil Ashton is right, and we are again interested.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Just too similar to our other midfielders I think, if we were in for someone it should be a more powerful midfielder, a Diaby replacement if you like.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
This rumour doesn't make sense since we've got another attacking midfielder in Özil. We should be after deeper midfielders that are more combative IMO to replace Arteta i.e Ever Banega, William Carvalho, Paul Poga etc.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hmmmm

I do think we need a midfielder and have done for a little while, but I didn't have Cabaye in mind admittedly. Perhaps someone a bit more powerful....

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
GDeep said:
SiMamu said:
GDeep said:
Although there are a number of good posters in the lobby who go unnoticed and are perhaps brought down by the trolls.

The lobby is solid tbh, most are good posters.

Back to Cabaye then, and hopefully Neil Ashton is right, and we are again interested.

Very true. The likes of Mario101, realtalk and Stevez and Smitty_Resurrected come to mind.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
GDeep said:
Cabaye has played deeper though. I think he'll replace Arteta if he signed.

His defensive effort wasn't that high though. Great passer and would fit in well with our build up but we really need more muscle in the middle.

thedon5

He isn't a £22 m player by any stretch, can fully see Man Utd spending that much though. Would take him here for under £10-15 m, we paid around £10 m for a 29 year old Arteta, I would be happy paying around that for a 28 year old Cabaye.

He is a good player, mind you he is not absolute top quality, he isn't going to be the guy to lead us to the title season after season. IMO we need more of a Flamini type than an Arteta type anyway unless we go for a star like Pogba.

Anfield 1884

AM's Resident Liverpool Fan
You're rammed for midfielders. Linked before the signing of Flamini and Özil. Surely a non story.

Judging by City and Chelsea displays, a midfielder isn't what you need, but a Striker.

Top Bottom