• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yohan Cabaye

• Thread starter KY
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,056
  • Views 151,736

marv3llous

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2193976/Arsenal-plot-Yohan-Cabaye-transfer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nsfer.html</a>

DM also linking us with him for £15m. Also linking us to M'Vila.

Have to say, £15m is about as high as i would pay for him. Anything higher and i think it would be wiser to look elsewhere. I hope for a miracle and that this deal somehow goes through. Would settle for M'Vila or Capoue as bit cheaper but more defensive midfielders, but someone who can contribute into possession and long shots would be my pick over destroyer types.

Giroud

Established Member
Flow said:
jay-d said:
illmatik said:
I'd rather have Dembele for real though
Yep would love him here.
Nah, too much dribbling, no end product.

He seems to be developing a better end product, created some nice chances against United. Anyway, a B2B midfielder's end product doesn't have to be top class.

Jbruin

Established Member
Giroud said:
Flow said:
jay-d said:
Yep would love him here.
Nah, too much dribbling, no end product.

He seems to be developing a better end product, created some nice chances against United. Anyway, a B2B midfielder's end product doesn't have to be top class.
Exactly right, just because the player isn't some assist machine like Fabregas doesn't mean they're not a very good midfielder, for instance Dembelé's work rate and tackling is one side of his game that not a lot of people take notice of because his dribbling and stuff shines above it so much, he actually made the 2nd most amount of tackles in the league last year, 2nd behind Cabaye, either of these players will be fantastic additions tbh, really hope there's some truth in the Cabaye rumours.

Giroud

Established Member
Jbruin said:
Exactly right, just because the player isn't some assist machine like Fabregas doesn't mean they're not a very good midfielder, for instance Dembelé's work rate and tackling is one side of his game that not a lot of people take notice of because his dribbling and stuff shines above it so much, he actually made the 2nd most amount of tackles in the league last year, 2nd behind Cabaye, either of these players will be fantastic additions tbh, really hope there's some truth in the Cabaye rumours.

Yeah, thought Dembele was excellent in the second half of the season. He's really been a revelation in the B2B role, great ball winner too like you said. I think Cabaye is the better player overall but will cost a lot more than Dembele.

AFCG7

Established Member
There is no way Newcastle are going to sell us Cabaye. First off they are a rival for a CL place, he has time to run on his contract and they wont find a replacement.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

AFCG7 said:
There is no way Newcastle are going to sell us Cabaye. First off they are a rival for a CL place, he has time to run on his contract and they wont find a replacement.

Lol this and Im outta here.

Flow

Altough I'm a Belgian, I didn't follow the lad. When he plays for the NT, he plays on the wing or on the 10, and he doesn't play very well there.

But if he is like you say him to be, he'd be the perfect 2nd choise behind Cabaye. (EPL only that is)

Shame Fellaini costs too much money.

Kanonier

Flow said:
jones said:
Would have taken him from Lille, not from Newcastle. Will go for 15-20m, that same money will get you better players abroad if we're willing to spend.
Tell me a better CM for that price.

For that amount of money, many options come to mind like Yann M'Vila, Etienne Capoue, Lucas Biglia, Nigel de Jong, Felipe Melo, Jeremy Toulalan and Ever Banega among others. I think that Yann M'Vila is the clear option with Capoue in a strong second.

Flow

Kanonier said:
Flow said:
jones said:
Would have taken him from Lille, not from Newcastle. Will go for 15-20m, that same money will get you better players abroad if we're willing to spend.

For that amount of money, many options come to mind like Yann M'Vila, Etienne Capoue, Lucas Biglia, Nigel de Jong, Felipe Melo, Jeremy Toulalan and Ever Banega among others. I think that Yann M'Vila is the clear option with Capoue in a strong second.
No one you name is better than Cabaye.

And what the **** is Biglia doing in that list? The guy is ****.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Would love Cabaye here but no chance. Should have gone in from early then perhaps would have had some kind of chance.

Buhry

Established Member

jay-d said:
illmatik said:
I'd rather have Dembele for real though
Yep would love him here.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A6foHHdgJc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A6foHHdgJc</a>

Dembele vs United. Haven't seen him play much tbh, looks like a great direct dribbler though and no afraid to pass it forward which is good, good workrate and physical presence in that game as well. Was quaity in that game at least. I imagine this is how wenger and all the diaby fans imagine diaby at 100%.

If he plays like that all the time I think he'd wih arteta in the biscuits role.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Kanonier said:
Flow said:
jones said:

I can not believe that when asked who a better midfielder at that price would be, you listed the likes of Biglia, Melo and Toulalan.

For the style of football we play, Cabaye is a perfect fit. He's got Premier League experience, is at an age where he can come and perform and will also ensure that we are not up **** creek if Arteta gets injured. He is a versatile player in terms of what he can offer from midfield and would be a dream signing. A polished, experienced version of Sahin if you like.

ArsenalDNA

Irish_Owen said:
It's funny how quick the transition from underrated to overrated happens on this forum.

We're not special. That sorta **** happens on every forum.

Redcafe was pretty much unanimous that Rooney was better than the ****. Now he's supposed to be their saviour.

You could probably find the same on RAWK over the Sahin fiasco. One week he was probably a Madrid reject, this week he's probably World Class.

It irks me a little bit when people say **** like 'only Arsenal fans would...', 'only on this forum...' etc. Forums are generally all the same. Unless it's RAWK. That place is a delusional shambles.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
Yeah, I find that quite annoying that too, when people isolate circumstances on here as if we're the only fans that do it, hence why I didn't actually say that. I actually at no point highlighted that it happens on only this forum. I was just commenting on what was occurring on this forum at present, and more specifically, in this thread.

I find it baffling, is all.

BeijingBaller

I expect it wasn't that quick of a transition to rating him well for anyone who watched the euros this year, even assuming that they didn't see him play much for Newcastle last season. He was absolutely fantastic for France this summer. Hard in the tackle and you always backed him to maybe get on the score sheet.

ArsenalDNA

Irish_Owen said:
Yeah, I find that quite annoying that too, when people isolate circumstances on here as if we're the only fans that do it, hence why I didn't actually say that. I actually at no point highlighted that it happens on only this forum. I was just commenting on what was occurring on this forum at present, and more specifically, in this thread.

I find it baffling, is all.

I wasn't having a go at you or anything.

I just saw what i thought was an example of it and thought i'd say something.

"On this forum" to me, sounds like you were talking about this forum alone. Looks like I read too much into it.

And fwiw, i agree with you. I can't remember anyone wishlisting Cabaye until we were "linked" (barely) to him recently. Now all of a sudden he is the missing piece of the puzzle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom