• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yohan Cabaye

• Thread starter KY
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,056
  • Views 151,737

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Irish_Owen said:
I find it baffling, is all.

Human nature.

People will convince themselves of anything to suit their feelings, and it happens in a several aspects of life lol.

arsenalfan4ever

Established Member
ArsenalDNA said:
Irish_Owen said:
It's funny how quick the transition from underrated to overrated happens on this forum.

We're not special. That sorta **** happens on every forum.

Redcafe was pretty much unanimous that Rooney was better than the ****. Now he's supposed to be their saviour.

You could probably find the same on RAWK over the Sahin fiasco. One week he was probably a Madrid reject, this week he's probably World Class.

It irks me a little bit when people say **** like 'only Arsenal fans would...', 'only on this forum...' etc. Forums are generally all the same. Unless it's RAWK. That place is a delusional shambles.

Sahin is crap. Everyone on AM knows that :wink:

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Is this guy actually worth buying/good enough, I can't actually recall noticing him in the Newcastle midfield tbh.

We seem to be being linked with him and I'm wondering if we could do better?

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Cudareli said:
For the style of football we play, Cabaye is a perfect fit. He's got Premier League experience, is at an age where he can come and perform and will also ensure that we are not up **** creek if Arteta gets injured. He is a versatile player in terms of what he can offer from midfield and would be a dream signing. A polished, experienced version of Sahin if you like.

Not sure I agree with the Sahin bit but agree 100% with the rest. Signing a quality performer from within the league is a recipe for success imo. Cabaye is at a good age, suits our style and would complement pretty much any midfield combination we could put together. He'll cost but f*ck it we're not in a strong bargaining position at the moment.

Glovegun

Established Member
Cabaye is class. His partnership with Tiote is one of (if not the) best central midfield duos in the league.

mccroix

I have a feeling this has legs.

I'd obviously take him, but not at any price. Somehow would still prefer a pure DM

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Some Newcastle fan on Twitter is claiming that he was in the NUFC shop earlier and he was told by the staff that they've accepted a bid from us. Likely just making it up to get attention, but it's interesting none the less.

Accomplished

Established Member
bizarre that this is one of the most concrete rumours around right now. Surely we're not about to lay down £20m on him?

I know he's good, but I don't see wenger spending that kind of money on him.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
dont rate this guy, we need someone more dyanmic. he's like a poorer version of Arteta.

Also considering our major problem is creativity I'd rather have someone who offers a bit more zing in the final 3rd.

Gotze would be ideal.

BeijingBaller

TakeChillPill said:
dont rate this guy, we need someone more dyanmic. he's like a poorer version of Arteta.

Also considering our major problem is creativity I'd rather have someone who offers a bit more zing in the final 3rd.

Gotze would be ideal.

Doesn't Cabaye have a pretty strong shot from distance though?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
They seem to be talking about Cabaye to Arsenal on Tyneside

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.talk-of-the-tyne.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=30773" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talk-of-the-tyne.co.uk/forum ... ?tid=30773</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On the same thread one fan wrote this:

I'd be more worried about Cisse to Arsenal as that's where they're suffering.

Now there's a thought! :)

TakeChillPill

Established Member
BeijingBaller said:
TakeChillPill said:

Gotze would be ideal.

Doesn't Cabaye have a pretty strong shot from distance though?

we have plenty of long distance shooters in our team, arteta, cazrola, Poldoski etc.

I'm talking about that bit of added craft that will help complement Cazrola

DiamondGooner

Established Member
TakeChillPill said:

Gotze would be ideal.

Were on the same wave length on this one, it's why I was getting excited about Sahin.
We need proper quality otherwise were not upping the level of the team just adding numbers, we have numbers what we don't have is top quality (enough of).

Warship

DiamondGooner said:
Is this guy actually worth buying/good enough, I can't actually recall noticing him in the Newcastle midfield tbh.

We seem to be being linked with him and I'm wondering if we could do better?

Cabaye is very good, yes. He's more of an attacking player than a defensive player though, not to say he won't put a shift in when needed (in our formation everyone needs to be committed to their defensive duties).

Plug a guy like this in where Diaby is, and it will increase the pace and potency of our attack.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i have feeling we will make a bid for him they buy him 1 year ago for 5m pounds. i would say wenger will make 10m-15m offer. our midfield will improve with him good player.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
This seems so unlikely unless we could tempt Newcastle with a trade (can't think who though)

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
yousif_arsenal said:
i have feeling we will make a bid for him they buy him 1 year ago for 5m pounds. i would say wenger will make 10m-15m offer. our midfield will improve with him good player.

On the contrary imo, would be absolutely unlike Wenger to sign a French player for 10-15m after he could have had him a season before for less than half that fee. Quite sure that Wenger knew about him already, we already dealt with Lille in the past so you'd guess he knows their first XI quite well.

Top Bottom