• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yossi Benayoun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pies

Re: Benayoun

Not my first choice at all, and it is pathetic and sad we let Nasri and Cesc go and then we go after him; BUT if it's him or nothing then I definitely take him at this stage provided it is a decent price. He does improve us to an extent and provides us with another option.

I'm in a top 4 fight mode this season, we need some more options to help us, we are obviously struggling. He's not as bad as a lot are making out anyway, you people are really under-rating him imo, not saying he is a Nasri (in form) or Cesc quality but he would help us imo. And if we are to get back in the race for 4th then we need more quality than our current shambles. Interesting.

Original_AAA

Smartly Dressed Morris said:
I really cannot believe anyone is happy with this signing , its beyond belief in all honesty......

My sentiments exactly. What the h*ll are we doing going after such a poor player?

arsenallegends

Established Member

He went to Chelsea for 5.5 million pounds. If its half that and he's not the only playmaker we acquire then its fine with me otherwise this is no better than labor camp captivity by our management.

VancouverCanuck

arsenallegends said:
He went to Chelsea for 5.5 million pounds. If its half that and he's not the only playmaker we acquire then its fine with me otherwise this is no better than labor camp captivity by our management.
I understand what you're saying. Having Benayoun is better than what we have at the moment. I like him when he was playing at Liverpool, as a backup. Trouble is what we really need is a top notch playmaker. But since Arsène and co have decided not to challenge for title this year, Benayoun will do.

heltaschelta

We must have the most injury prone squad ever assembled.

This transfer is a joke. It cries desperation and will not inspire the team or the fans.

We don't need "numbers" we need a solid team with real quality wearing the arsenal shirt.

The poo has hit the fan and this is exactly the knee jerk situation Arsène always says he wants to avoid.

Hypocrite.

CandysRoom

Established Member

Take Yossi anyday over Rosicky!

Never really got going at Chelsea but was an important player for Liverpool. Dragged them out of the **** with some important goals and assists!

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible

If we sign M'Vila too and change our formation so that we don't rely so much on whoever plays in the hole this would be just about acceptable, if a tad unsatisfying.

As a Fabregas/Nasri replacement? GTFO.

jaguars4ever

jay-d said:
I'd hate it if we sign this guy. He's always reminded me of an evil rat. He will drive the lady fans away. lol. But seriously not good enough.
Yossirat.png

progman07

Established Member

Where has the 60 million gone from Cesc-Nasri???

We are picking on some bargains again, FFS, in the worst times of the last 15 years...

Kenyonhater

It smacks of desperation. Last minute panic-buying. I cannot believe he has been one of our targets all summer long.

Apparently our chief negotiator Richard Law is an American. He is clearly out of his depth.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Benayoun is a poor man's Hleb. How far have we fallen seriously

TheCMT

Established Member

Do.Not.Want.Slowayoun

Untill we are getting 2 more good quality midfielder and using him for squad depth.

dpt49

Established Member

He played 8 games for Chelsea last season and scored one goal, which was the fifth goal in a 5-1 win over Wigan.

This must be the "super quality" the Arsenal supporters have been calling for in this transfer window.

With 80m sitting in the bank, this is totally unacceptable

Bergy_1995

BBC radio 5 live senior football reporter Ian Dennis on Twitter: "I'm told Yossi Benayoun is heading for Arsenal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom