• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yossi Benayoun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danni

Re: Benayoun

Agree with that, qs. I think Yossi is an 'Arsenal type' of player in the way of his creativity and natural talent, but I think we all thought that there'd be much more to the last day than this. Where is the super quality midfielder that we thought was coming in? Why haven't we spent the funds available, and instead look to sign some of the cheaper options. If Yossi were to come in alongside a significant midfielder then I'd be delighted!

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

I know there'll be a point sooner rather than later, when I'm content with getting Benayoun in, but at the moment, I'm just utterly disappointed.

Bascially (amongst others) Yossi Benayoun is the result of a two month long transfer window.

fabo

6.51 / 10

Benayoun is a good player, but I don't see what this does to address the massive weakness we have in central midfield.

This should be an additional signing to a first choice CM.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's clear we need a top midfielder yet we're left with Benayoun. For that alone Arsène should go.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Why do we always get players that are overrated by our top four rivals? Benayoun Silvestre etc?

Cesc really must be laughing his head off that he is in Barcelona right now.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wenger's cheap, that's why.
He probably still uses them coin machines in Asda/Morrisons.

GaelForce22

Established Member

Benayoun as third/forth choice winger plus a central midfielder sounds ok. Still hopeful that's the case.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member

THunter said:
Have a look at this.

I lol'd.

On a serious note this is a really disappointing end, to what was all of a sudden looking like a reassauring and satisfying transfer window in the defensive department - only to be let down for a position we should've been jumping to replace, the minute we sold Cesc.

CandysRoom

Established Member

Happy if we get Yossi, he's a good footballer. Still need another midfielder though. While i like Diaby, he has no chance of staying injury free for any length of time. The Gibbs of midfield!

Irish_Owen

Established Member

GaelForce22 said:
Benayoun as third/forth choice winger plus a central midfielder sounds ok. Still hopeful that's the case.
If Bendtner is sold, and we could sign Yossi and Arteta

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member

HollandGooner said:
Cesc really must be laughing his head off that he is in Barcelona right now.
He's settled in with them seamlessly, but he still wants to know what's going on at Arsenal:
cesc4official Cesc Fàbregas Soler
Ive had a day off and been a bit off. Any news on the transfer windows for Arsenal between today & tomorrow? Plz keep me informed. Thank u.

IBL

Established Member

and he's still laughing his head off at the news that Benayoun has come in as his replacement

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

IBL said:
and he's still laughing his head off at the news that Benayoun has come in as his replacement

Absolutely, its a real shame that we couldnt not do anything better then Benayoun there are alot better players

goonerwarsh

Established Member

Cesc and Nasri will be sitting there thinking they were very justified in their decisions to leave what has become a second rate club

taylor314gh

Irish_Owen said:
taylor314gh said:
To be honest though, he said it wasn't the most disgusting unless you are a neo-nazi, which means that he is supporting the player in that regard and saying the only reason you would think he is disgusting is if you are a bigot. How is this negative and worth demotion?
For starters I said the transfer was disgusting, due to the quality of player, rather than the ethnic origins of the player...

The suggestion of that was what caused people to rile up. As I said, it didn't really bother me, but for some, it's not a matter that should be joked about

I wasn't calling you out, I didn't even realize his statement was in reference to you. I just replied to you because of the sensitive for other posters part. Sorry if it came across that way.

evoh_1

Established Member

sorry a long for yossi when even a player like deigo went from wolfsburg to athletico madrid on loan?????? He looked liek on of the top AM a couple of years ago but had a **** time in italy and sounded like a perfect wenger signing but NO. Pjanic just went to roma for 11Mil great young attacking midfielder that we obviously just don't need, this issue with creativity and real quality in the centre is glaring and yossi will not be the solution.

Still this is the only likely signing in midfield this window, at that is a disgrace.

Glovegun

Established Member

We've had a few beers, spent most of the night in the smoking area, hit the dance floor when all the good looking girls have already been taken, and ended up with some ugly bird who nobody else wants. But rather her than nothing eh?

On a serious note, good player, underrated really, but I don't think he's better than what we already have. If we were playing one of the big teams I'd be uncomfortable starting with Benayoun - I'd probably go for Ramsey, Diaby, even Rosicky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom