Yossi Benayoun

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by GoonerGurjit, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bazza19

Bazza19 New Member

i think its time to let freddy go , but benayfucingoum isnt the answer for anything, who ever said arsenal should get him should not to be insulting think again, benayuon, have u heard the likes

2. Jameel46

Jameel46 New Member

let ljungberg go? :? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: funny joke

3. arsenal007

arsenal007 New Member

My mate joined west ham as goalkeeping coach and checked this out, Arsenal have made some enquiries into Benayoun joining Arsenal, now whether that happens is another thing of course, and i agree we need another areas of the pitch sorted first

4. Loylz

Loylz Moderator Moderator

Your mate joined West Ham as goalkeeping coach and managed to find out Arsenal have made enquiries? I doubt it Arsène or Dein would allow a goalkeeping coach find out about this considering the way they run their business. Sorry if I sound a bit sceptic but how many times have we heard this before?

5. arsenal007

arsenal007 New Member

I understand your scepticsm, but my friend it wasnt Dein or Wenger whom told him, it was his boss, Alan Pardew, do you not think that managers do not speak to their staff

6. Jinn

Jinn New Member Elite

Not regarding impending transfer deals.

7. arsenal007

arsenal007 New Member

if you say so. But i know different.

I dont understand why you have a section like this, when people pass on genuine info and the the administrators accuse you of being a liar.

If you dont believe me then fine, but i know different.

8. Kraig

Kraig New Member Trusted

you'd be surprised actually. This is gonna sound odd and slightly far fetched but tis honestly true. My brothers fiancee's dad is mates with Tony Cotton (Man Utd's goalkeeping coach) He doesnt talk to him very often (as Tony doesnt come back to Tamworth very often) but the last time he spoke to him was when the whole beckham to madrid saga was going on, he said bout 2 weeks before hand that it was just odds and ends that needed sorting and low and behold two weeks later becks is in madrid holding a number 23 shirt. So, although it could be someone blowing steam up your arse, its not necessarily all lies.

9. Grampus_Eight

Grampus_Eight New Member Trusted

I imagine Benayoun is waiting to see if Arsenal or Liverpool or even are willing to come in for him (like Gamst, Reo-Coker)

I know he's fallen off the map as a transfer target, but it was reported that we were seriously interested in him a while back.

Far too Rosicky-lite to my mind, but he has talent and is able to occassionally put the ball in the net.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... nub+denied

Had a great first season at west ham, but has since disappointed.

10. qs

qs New Member Elite

I like him as a player and I wouldn't say no as a sub, he can play both sides, he can cope with the Prem and he can score goals.

£10m though, pull the other one.

11. AFCG7

AFCG7 New Member Elite

No.No. Three times no for a price of £10 million. Way too much .. we might as well sign Tuncay on a free..they are on the same sort of level in my opinion.

12. choi12911

choi12911 New Member

I'd go as far as to say Wenger's lost the plot if this rumour was true.

13. Grampus_Eight

I don't think he'd command that fee anymore. He's a year older, doesn't have too much time left on his contract and had a poor season. That is the figure from last summer.

Right now, he'd probably go for £7-8m - close to whatever price Gamst is available at.

14. qs

qs New Member Elite

He's not nearly as in demand as Gamst

15. thegame24

thegame24 New Member

decent but nowhere near arsenals standard

Jesus we are linked to ****e everywhere

and the two players that are class we aint even been linked to for ages.

16. Grampus_Eight

True. But Gamst has a release clause. As for Benayoun, he might be availabe for a lot less than 7-8m quid - that was just a guess. If his contract runs up next summer, he'd probably go for something like 4m max.

17. Alfonso

Alfonso New Member Elite

Not Arsenal quality.

Next.

18. kel varnsen

kel varnsen New Member Trusted

who is and what is 'arsenal quality'?

i think benayoun is a good player. good work rate and technically skilled. would probably improve his game at a bigger club as well. could give us a bit more depth in midfield. given the right price, not a bad option. he has premiership experience as well.

19. Alfonso

Alfonso New Member Elite

On top of my head: Yohan Gourcuff, Berbatov, Eto'o, Ribery, Goran Pandev, Pato, De Rossi and Quaresma.

Obviously players like Ronaldinho, Kaka and Leo Messi are Arsenal quality, but reaslitically we will never sign them.

The first list are players that we could have got and still can get.

20. kel varnsen

kel varnsen New Member Trusted

hardly any of said players are realistic transfer targets. not to mention, i don't think the likes of pandev, quaresma or ribery are significantly better than benayoun.

(i haven't seen pato or gourcuff play...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.