• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yossi Benayoun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grampus_Eight

By the way, I don't think De Rossi is a realistic target. He's sort of pledged his future to Roma and even if he moves he's said to be the top midfield target for Barca and Milan.

belgianfan

kel varnsen said:
Alfonso said:
kel varnsen said:
who is and what is 'arsenal quality'?

On top of my head: Yohan Gourcuff, Berbatov, Eto'o, Ribery, Goran Pandev, Pato, De Rossi and Quaresma.

hardly any of said players are realistic transfer targets. not to mention, i don't think the likes of pandev, quaresma or ribery are significantly better than benayoun.

(i haven't seen pato or gourcuff play...)

Gourcuff is a good player, zidane mould.
But I don't think Pato is a realistic target. Everybody in the world wants that kid and his price tag will be one for a teenager that people haven't seen before.
I only saw him play twice, impressed me the first time I thought he was highly technical and strong(ronaldo playing style). I couldn't understand a word that commentator was saying about him so I just googled him and saw he was 16 :shock: . Holy feck, didn't see that one coming

Grampus_Eight

By the way, I should have looked up Benayoun's current contract before posting the story about him stalling on a new deal.

Given that his current deal expires at the end of the 08/09 season and the new ownership at Wes Ham, there's little chance Yossi goes anywhere on a cut rate unless he refuses to play for the Hammers or something.

Little chance this is a realistic possibility - sorry about not checking that information first.

http://www.uefa.com/footballeurope/news ... 43552.html

wowwow.

For all you dissing Yossi, saying he's no more then a mid table team, welll Liverpool chief Exec has admitted to making a bid for him, shows what most of you know about football.

Dont some of you watch football in the premiership he has scored some exquisite goals and far more then hleb or rosicky.

If Arsène were to sign him suddenly all you Wenger asskissers would be changing their tunes.

asajoseph

Established Member
So a club that has a reputation for signing good but not special wide midfiedlers is signing him?

Big whoop.

Gurgen

Established Member
wowwow. said:
For all you didding Yossi, saying he's no more then a mid table team, welll Liverpool cheif Exec has admitted to making a bid for him, shows what most of you know about football.

You mean the same guys who signed Jermaine Pennant and Bolo Zenden? :lol:

wowwow.

Gurgen said:
wowwow. said:
For all you didding Yossi, saying he's no more then a mid table team, welll Liverpool cheif Exec has admitted to making a bid for him, shows what most of you know about football.

You mean the same guys who signed Jermaine Pennant and Bolo Zenden? :lol:

i think the new owners have given Rafa alittle more to play with then in previous seassons, so grow up with the Pennant and zenden comments.

wowwow.

Artillero said:
^ Pennant cost 6-7 million didnt he? Hardly small money

I think you will find that OUR MANAGER spent 2 million on him as a 15 y/o,Hardly small money.

Wenger got rid of him for a lack of maturity not ability, maybe Rafa felt he could get more out of him and i think he's done more for them then for did for us.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
its always liverpool that find it hard to get top players then end up signing squaddies .... i remember after the CL match and rafa was real upset, hicks was talking to him and rafa replied as if he was demanding something........money? maybe yes, but theyre in more crisis than us imo, they need a whole new squad...were only a couple layers away from going for the title...

wowwow.

asajoseph said:
So a club that has a reputation for signing good but not special wide midfiedlers is signing him?

Big whoop.

Its an attitude like that that already has seen lagosgooner do a runner from this site, remember him?

AFCG7

Established Member
How much did Liverpool offer again.. wasnt it £1.5 million? Shows what they really think of him.

Artillero

wowwow. said:
Artillero said:
^ Pennant cost 6-7 million didnt he? Hardly small money

I think you will find that OUR MANAGER spent 2 million on him as a 15 y/o,Hardly small money.

Wenger got rid of him for a lack of maturity not ability, maybe Rafa felt he could get more out of him and i think he's done more for them then for did for us.

i think the new owners have given Rafa alittle more to play with then in previous seassons, so grow up with the Pennant and zenden comments.

Rafa has bid under 2 mill for yossi so what is your point? I dont see where you are comming from.

Zico

Established Member
I'm happy for Yossi if he goes to Liverpool. Pity for Rafa. He started the summer making lots of noise about superstars and was immediately linked to the impossible players.

Now he'll probably spend the summer buying more players who are good enough to put you in the top 4, but not good enough to win the championship.

Liverpool more than Arsenal need the likes of Nani and Anderson to liven up the attack. This is a team that is impossible to brak down, but itself cannot break down defenses.

As for us, Yossi's nice - but probably can't offer anything that Cesc, Rosicky and Hleb cannot provide.

asajoseph

Established Member
dos1986 said:
thegame24 said:
we put 13 goals past them 4 fro beast

not so hard to break down

Crouch showed ous up at Anfield :roll:

Crouch is probably the most underrated player in the Premiership - not because he's a brilliant footballer, but because he doesn't even nearly deserve the ridicule he receives. On his day, he's a really good player.

Lukazan

Established Member
^^^ Yup, totally agree.

Constantly amongst Liverpool's better players when he plays and Liverpool always look a better team when he's in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom