• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

You get one do-over

Which one would you take back?

• Total voters

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The 2016 window was 4.5 years ago tbf, you could argue even longer 2015 window we didn't sign the players needed, back in 2013 we only signed Özil when our pressing needs was a striker, at least an alternative to Giroud if not someone to displace him completely. But where we are now is a culmination of years of poor management and poor decision making at several levels.
I was being generous yes. :lol:

And also focusing on the management of the pitch, the coaching I guess. We’re a shambles off the pitch but if Emery had gotten the one point we needed for football I wonder if we’d be complaining this much.

If Arteta was in the top 4/title race right now I don’t think people would be talking about Willian and Pepe as much as they are.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Extending Özil for me, but like I said in another thread, it’s difficult to blame the board for making that decision at the time. And to my knowledge, Wenger was pushing for it like Arteta did with Auba.

novar

We had no plan after Wenger and looked like we would have ended up with the sentimental signing that is Mikel Arteta one way or the other, so players signing or extending don't really matter

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Extending Özil for me, but like I said in another thread, it’s difficult to blame the board for making that decision at the time. And to my knowledge, Wenger was pushing for it like Arteta did with Auba.

Ornstein said Wenger expressed his reservations to Gazidis that it was a good idea I’m sure.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I picked Pepe simply because of the overall cost and the fact that he hasn't gelled from day one. The way thd deal was done was shady as hell too. Wasting money by instalments is no comfort. All three decisions were disasters.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
Willian hasn’t been here even nearly long enough to write off. There’s every chance he could come good. We’ve seen it already.

Close between Özil and Pepe tbh. We got nothing from Mesut after the extension and we may well get short changed if not on, then most definitely off the pitch with Pepe. Even if he starts doing bits, we’re taking a significant hit when we sell him.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
No chance. He’s just won 3-0.

Title on the cards.
Against Steve Bruce. We're mid-table and will probably remain so. If he stays, we're probably going to remain outside top 6 next year too and will have lost promising youth talent like Guendo and AMN.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Where's Mustafi? That's my do over. If we signed VVD instead. We'd have got back in the CL and probably would've never signed Pepe and got Zaha instead. Club botched that 2016 summer so bad.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Ultimately I went for the Özil extension. At the time it needed done because we were such a **** show in general. But I would do over the amount we paid him. It could and should have been considerably less. He wasn't in Alexis position where he had City and United both knocking at the door. If he wasn't willing to accept that then move on.

Same for Pepe. If we spent 25/30m less on Pepe it wouldn't look as bad. For a club worried about pennies we got taken for a ride on both those deals.

Top Bottom