• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

You have the budget to replace three starters who are they?

Which 3 starters would you look to improve upon?

• Total voters

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Someone voted for Saka
golozer-golozerritchie.gif

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
1. Xhaka- been very good the last couple of years but isn't a true 8. Age also against him.

2. Partey- hear me out. On his day he is unreal. Arguably our most important players. But he too is approaching 30. Has maybe 1 or 2 years left on his contract at the end of the season and is frequently injured. We need a DCM who can play 50 games a season. Not 60%.

3. Maybe Ramsdale. With his feet he's unreal. But he needs to calm down and stop being so hyper during matches. I was struggling with this one and really not bothered with replacing him.

The back 4 for me is as solid as it could be and all will get better with age. The average age of it must be about 24. Unless we get someone like Gvardiol there's little we can do to improve it in my opinion. And he would cost 80-90m. A lot saying Gabriel is one clear area to improve. You must be watching a different Gabriel to me. He's been arguably the best CB in the league this year.

Loads of people want Martinelli replaced. But if he was putting these numbers in another team we would say, he would be a great player for us.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Ramsdale - can be flappy at times. Usually has a mistake in him. Be as well turning the telly off if we ever reach a final and it goes to a penalty shoot-out.

Xhaka - although this is probably his best season he should have been upgraded on a long time ago.

Partey - not based on footballing ability but yellow box.

I do think we need someone more prolific than Jesus up front as well. And you can argue for White being replaced by a natural right back.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Someone voted for Saka
golozer-golozerritchie.gif
Hypothetical Boehly and the 3 mad sheiks all want Saka after he powers Arsenal to title. There is a bidding war.

A. At what price would you sell if any?

B. Would you turn down Neymar type money, i am talking 200 million. But you got to sell him in England to a rival

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hypothetical Boehly and the 3 mad sheiks all want Saka after he powers Arsenal to title. There is a bidding war.

B. Would you turn down Neymar type money, i am talking 200 million. But you got to sell him in England to a rival
I wouldn't sell.

First of all, there is no guarantee that we'd manage to reinvest the money properly.

Secondly, you'll want to avoid selling to a rival. Once you allow a direct rival to buy from you, you've basically admitted they're bigger. It sends out the wrong signal.

Thirdly, you need to create legends at the club. Coming from the academy, you have the possibility to have a "one-club" man at the club. That builds history and longevity. Saka could be such a player.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Ramsdale - can be flappy at times. Usually has a mistake in him. Be as well turning the telly off if we ever reach a final and it goes to a penalty shoot-out.

Xhaka - although this is probably his best season he should have been upgraded on a long time ago.

Partey - not based on footballing ability but yellow box.

I do think we need someone more prolific than Jesus up front as well. And you can argue for White being replaced by a natural right back.
Yeah was gonna go for Jesus but went White instead. I think we can do better in both positions.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I wouldn't sell.

First of all, there is no guarantee that we'd manage to reinvest the money properly.

Secondly, you'll want to avoid selling to a rival. Once you allow a direct rival to buy from you, you've basically admitted they're bigger. It sends out the wrong signal.

Thirdly, you need to create legends at the club. Coming from the academy, you have the possibility to have a "one-club" man at the club. That builds history and longevity. Saka could be such a player.
I largely agree but, at some point sheer economics does take over pay. Ps you absolutely want to sell to a rival if you make them over pay massively. Did City selling Jesus or Madrid selling Özil mean we are bigger ? Well we are bigger than City just not as oil funded but you get point.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

£250m

Jason Jace

Diaz isn't better than martinelli, as you were.
Well it’s got to be a starter. That makes the player they’re replacing quality depth.

Xhaka- becomes a really solid backup CM and gives us that attacking no8. Dream is Bellingham, realistic is Mount if he gets his mojo back.

Martinelli - As good as he’s been he’s like the Pedro/Jota that every great team has. If you can get yourself that Neymar/Luis Diaz who can better their end product but add in some playmaking then you go for it. Can’t really think of a realistic signing though, a clear upgrade on Gabi might be around the 100M mark.

White - tough one but then White becomes a world class back up defender. He’s playing a lot more like a traditional overlapping RB now so getting in a quick fullback who can impact the game consistently in the final third combining with Saka and Ødegaard would be a cheat code. Cancelo anyone? :lol:

Honourable mention Ramsdale - has actually been much better than last season this year but still doesn’t fill me with title winning keeper confidence. Penalty shootout was a concern and he does get a bit crazy sometimes

Jason Jace

Partey----- Man's like 35 in the real world, the older he gets more injuries is gonna take his toll, not really worried about the other issue.

Xhaka----- not getting younger as well, and his attaking qualities isn't good enough for the role he now plays, will be a very good squad player tho.

Jesus----- world class players when considering some certain qualities but as a striker, he just doesn't score enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom