• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Petr Cech: Retiring at the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Should just go for Butland: knows the league, is very tall, pretty vocal as well and still young.

Eduardo_da_Silva

Donarumma is so imposing when You consider his age. First time i have seen him live. His ball playing skills have a lot of room for improvement though.

BBF

Should just go for Butland: knows the league, is very tall, pretty vocal as well and still young.

100%

Should get in Butland or Pickford. Fill a homegrown quota and have a quality player who won't have to adapt to the league.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Butland will cost 40Mish. Wondering if Sven and Jens will highlight a cheaper guy from Germany though.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Have been watching other matches in PL for a couple of months. We should not choose a goalie by number of cleansheets. Some teams are set up to defend and their goalie s won't be challenged much. By the sheer number of saves, positioning and reaction time, I have been impressed with Lossl. Though Huddersfield has been shipping goals regularly, Lossl manages a lot of brilliant saves. Their defense is so **** that he is left in one-ones more often. Hope we have a look at him next season.

Malky

Established Member
Butland will cost 40Mish. Wondering if Sven and Jens will highlight a cheaper guy from Germany though.
Butland will likely be England's first choice at the world cup and a good tournament from him will only increase his price. Don't want him, unless we can get him for £30M or below, anything higher and there's better options.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I know i'm basing it on just one match but I liked the look of Dubravka at Newcastle, we should get him before they sign him up on a permanent deal.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

Cech is a great guy.
I don't think many people, myself included, have ever shown such humanity as Cech has shown. I don't care how many penalties he'll save for us, as long as he'll keep up his high standard of being a human.

Thinking about AW's comments about values at the club and lessons of humility, it's no wonder he chose Cech and Per as representatives of said values with the armband. Don't know if we could have better leaders on that front. I hope our youngsters really see them as an inspiration on and off the pitch.

It's a sad thing those values dont help you win the league though :(

Dammit

Goalkeeper/ Expected goals conceded / Goals Conceded / Difference
David de Gea 32.6 19 -13.6
Nick Pope 28.9 20 -8.9
Fabianski 40.8 37 -3.8
Adrian 17.5 16 -1.5
Darlow 16.2 15 -1.2
Dubravka 1 0 -1
Heaton 4.9 4 -0.9
Gazzaniga 0.7 0 -0.7
Caballero 0.3 0 -0.3
Pickford 46.2 46 -0.2
Ospina 0.1 0 -0.1
Karius 6.6 7 0.4
Hennessey 27.6 28 0.4
Vorm 0.5 1 0.5
Speroni 13.4 14 0.6
Myhill 0.3 1 0.7
Karnezis 7.3 8 0.7
Mignolet 23.2 24 0.8
Courtois 22.2 23 0.8
Ederson 19 20 1
Lloris 21.6 23 1.4
Elliot 19.2 21 1.8
Grant 4.9 7 2.1
McCarthy 7.9 10 2.1
Cech 33.7 36 2.3
Gomes 36.5 39 2.5
Ryan 32.8 36 3.2
Forster 26.4 30 3.6
Begovic 37.3 41 3.7
Hart 25.5 30 4.5
Schmeichel 35.2 40 4.8
Butland 40.3 46 5.7
Lossl 39.1 47 7.9
Foster 30 39 9

He's been worse than Mignolet, also don't want Butland. Overrated. Also: De Gea is the best keeper of the world right now, he is single handedly keeping United from sinking to midtable.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Judging by that list Butland isn`t the answer either. And if we want a goalkeeper with better kicking than Cech, Butland is certainly not the man, very poor with his feet.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Love that Fabianski is 3rd on that list - wish we hadn't sold him.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Age and the subtle effects of the head injury are coming to the fore now. Youth could offset the latter for a while so I feel sorry for him and us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom