• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Petr Cech: Retiring at the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacstud

We live in a world where every goal conceded at the near post is the keepers fault... Or just Cech's anway. Doesn't matter the velocity of the shot or direction, it must have been the keepers fault... or just Cech's.

:lol:
Forget "fault"...

It would seem difficult to argue that we can be successful with a keeper that can't save that first goal.

Similar, it would be difficult to argue we can be successful with a keeper who tees up TWO goals to CSKA.

You are right, not ever near post goal is the keeper's fault. However, a legit top level goalie (and many below this rating) make that save.

Not a difficult shot.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Seaman aka safe hands was the last dependable keeper we had. We knew we had a top class keeper at the back and we did. Now, Cech doesn't trust his defence and the defence doesn't trust him. Pretty impossible to build from that shambles.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Hey, buddy!

ff62b96d-b3dd-45da-9089-c458510023ad
E2YV1XL.jpg

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
It's amazing that Jury hates Wenger but admires Cech - they are basically the same cases, two guys who are out of their depth atm, but they are still at the top level just due to their past achievements.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Forget "fault"...

It would seem difficult to argue that we can be successful with a keeper that can't save that first goal.

Similar, it would be difficult to argue we can be successful with a keeper who tees up TWO goals to CSKA.

You are right, not ever near post goal is the keeper's fault. However, a legit top level goalie (and many below this rating) make that save.

Not a difficult shot.
I've seen it myself and I've heard a lot of impartial pundits say they don't blame Cech. But come here and it's 100% Cech's fault. Odd?

We all know when a player is under fire for whatever reason, objectivity goes out the window. The baying mob wont be denied.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's amazing that Jury hates Wenger but admires Cech - they are basically the same cases, two guys who are out of their depth atm, but they are still at the top level just due to their past achievements.
It has nothing to do with admiring Cech. I'm calling out bullsh!t again. FWIW, I'd look to improve on him in the summer. He's old and he's showing signs of being slow to get down to shots. Was he at fault for their first goal today though? Ridiculously harsh to say he was.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If Wenger had done his job in the summer of 15/16 and signed the players needed, we could've won the league that season and Cech's signing would have been viewed in a complete different light. He would ostensibly have been the missing link we all though he would be.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
If Wenger had done his job in the summer of 15/16 and signed the players needed, we could've won the league that season and Cech's signing would have been viewed in a complete different light. He would ostensibly have been the missing link we all though he would be.

Tbf Cech made costly mistakes already in his first outing that season, where West Ham beat us at home.

pacstud

I've seen it myself and I've heard a lot of impartial pundits say they don't blame Cech. But come here and it's 100% Cech's fault. Odd?

We all know when a player is under fire for whatever reason, objectivity goes out the window. The baying mob wont be denied.
Similar to the manager?

Cech OUT!

Reality...he's old and slow. But who am I speaking of? ;)

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Tbf Cech made costly mistakes already in his first outing that season, where West Ham beat us at home.
I distinctly remember him having some great games as well where he saved our behinds. I think he evened his tally out that season. This one he is losing us points.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I posted some clips here of saves he made while the team was ahead or level to preserve results, he did have some important ones tbf:
https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/thr...u-wreck-our-season.28249/page-66#post-4281161

The Liverpool save is great, but you'd expect any good keeper to save those other chances in those clips.. We failed massively that summer only bringing in a gk and not strengthening especially the striker position, but I don't think Cech was a difference maker either way. Replace him with another good keeper and the impact would have been pretty much the same imo.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom