• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Petr Cech: Retiring at the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Leverkusen should know, that Cech isn't a 20 year old social media hypster.

You can do this with a Mendy, but not with a 36 year old Cech.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

The last tweet is good, though.

No one gives a toss about Bayern winning the Supercup.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Tremendous stuff from the big man

Keep digging that hole big goof, getting triggered by randoms on social media, thats very professional. Can’t wait for the next public apology.

tenor.gif

Doubt Leno is better than Cech. Emery has seen enough in pre-season and has made his choice. We will probably see a lot of rotation but find out soon that neither is good enough.

Got to blame the transfer team on this one.

razörist

Doubt Leno is better than Cech. Emery has seen enough in pre-season and has made his choice. We will probably see a lot of rotation but find out soon that neither is good enough.

Bit early hydro

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Cech was motm yesterday. His mistake came to nothing and he kept us in the game, again.

Unfortunately Cech isn't an Arsenal goal keeper. He is a great keeper of an old style being asked to do things he isn't comfortable doing.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Saw something on Twitter earlier that said exactly that.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
He is aging and in the last year of his contract. Chances are good we won't offer him an extension, yet despite this we've wasted 20mil of our supposedly extremely tight budget on a back up? That's some atrocious stuff.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Honestly, I hate the guy, I can’t hide it, but overall he played very well, could have been 0-4 if it wasn’t for some of his amazing saves. Problem is, we are trying to play a new build-up style that he just isn’t suited to, clearly. He’s turning into a meme when it comes to playing with his feet, playing **** passes, almost kicking it into his own goal. It needs to stop, its time to make him #2 if we want to progress.

You hate the guy? Come on mate...

carlito'sway

Established Member

Cech a very good game yesterday and saved us from a rout. I really don't get this sudden infatuation with Leno. I guess he is the shiny new object.....
PS. Whoever is managing Bayer L. social media accounts needs to be called out by his management. That was totally juvenile and crass.

razörist

You hate the guy? Come on mate...
Hate is a strong word, I wish him all the best in his personal life and for his family. Only when he's playing **** passes to our defense/midfield I sometimes wish he would be struck by lightning.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
To the people who keep saying 'Cech kept us in the game'.... Is it that you are all 100% sure that Leno would have never made those saves?

razörist

To the people who keep saying 'Cech kept us in the game'.... Is it that you are all 100% sure that Leno would have never made those saves?
To be fair they were some very impressive saves. If Leno makes those + plus he's good with his feet I will be very happy!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Cech was motm yesterday. His mistake came to nothing and he kept us in the game, again.

Unfortunately Cech isn't an Arsenal goal keeper. He is a great keeper of an old style being asked to do things he isn't comfortable doing.

MOTM? He conceded 2 goals, nearly scored an own goal, and had several near misses when passing out (ie almost cut out)

I agree he made some great saves but I'm not sure why he failed to dive for the first goal, maybe he was unsighted I don't know but the ball wasn't that far from him and he just went down on one knee and watched it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom