• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Younès Belhanda

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger has admitted his interest in Montpellier midfielder Younes Belhanda.

Amid reports of a deal for Germany striker Lukas Podolski, Wenger has turned his attentions to the highly-rated Morocco international.

Source

No idea about this guy, tbh...

15 million? What a joke... :?

Glovegun

Established Member
Re: Younes Belhanda.

Can't say I know much about him. Isn't there some Tunisian player in Ligue 1 who's supposed to be a real hot-shot that we're supposedly after?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Would not be happy. We need guaranteed quality as we have plenty of potential in midfield i.e. Wilshere, Ramsey, Coq and Ox.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

he is good talent and good playmaker 15m is alot for him, he is doing very good season in Liuge 1 with his teammate oliver giroud.

but we really need a play maker and what this lad show he has the quality.

ibby

Established Member

YES PLEASE WITH EXTRA SUGAR. PSG all over though, sadly.

Arsène's Eurosport column late Feb:

Montpellier's star man this season has been Younes Belhanda. We know him well, and we are still curious to see how he copes in a big game with a lot of pressure, to see how he expresses his talent.

He can really shake up a game with his passing and dribbling - he can exert real technical authority.

He can reach a really high level. He had a disappointing African Cup of Nations but I think Morocco did not have enough time to prepare.

Moreover he played on the right, which is not the best place for him to showcase his abilities.

We like him a lot at Arsenal, but I don't want to create problems. Montpellier will be the only ones who decide when he leaves.

If they are prepared to let him go, we might be interested, but for now we respect the great job done by Montpellier.

We congratulate manager Rene Girard who is doing fantastic work - not only getting great results, but doing so with some top-quality football.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/Arsène-wenger/alex-bargain-psg-121230610.html#more-id

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

PSG like man ****ty they have pastore and nene both are good playmaker and still they want younes. if he love play in england he will come here.

musicmonkey

Established Member

I've only seen his highlights for this year (don't think it went any further back) and he looked very talented, Giroud's movement seems to help him though with RVP (the striker with the best movement in the world at the moment in my opinion) he shouldn't have any issues. Seems to like to play those balls in the gap between defenders like Cesc used to so might help to bring Theo into the game into the area he's best in. Seemed to have a good shot too, hit the post a good four times with cracking efforts in the highlights i saw and pairing that with 8 (i think?) goals in 22 (i think again?) games it's a good record.

Mind that was what i took from his highlights, though bossing a French League's 2nd top team's midfield means he must have some sort of talent in him.

Also i read somewhere he played DM last year and has only just been pushed forward?! If this is his first year in that position then he could develop a lot further.

musicmonkey

Established Member

Floating said:
So he's more of a creative CM?
From what i've read around yes, he struggled at the African Cup of Nations and was played wide right. Having started as a DM and the nature of his passing and ability to dribble in very tight spaces i'd have thought that's where he'd play for us. His reminds me a bit of Nasri, stronger though so prehaps more suited to the middle than Nasri. Passing range seems more broad too.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

musicmonkey said:
Floating said:
So he's more of a creative CM?
From what i've read around yes, he struggled at the African Cup of Nations and was played wide right. Having started as a DM and the nature of his passing and ability to dribble in very tight spaces i'd have thought that's where he'd play for us. His reminds me a bit of Nasri, stronger though so prehaps more suited to the middle than Nasri. Passing range seems more broad too.
Agree. I have watched quite a few of his games and that's a very accurate description. He has a good motor and is a serious battler. Would be a decent signing.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker

in a nutshell he's a right footed Ben Arfa who will improve our squad immensely that's how much I rate him.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

they say Montpellier will let him go if any club come and offer from 15-20m euros i its alot for him to be honest 10-15m its enough for him.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker

Yousif, Arsène will pay far less than what Montpellier is asking for and they know it, I just hope we are serious about him. He's only 22 and will only get better.

PSG couldn't handle him in that 2-2 draw and they resorted to kicking him. :D

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

SomGooner said:
Yousif, Arsène will pay far less than what Montpellier is asking for and they know it, I just hope we are serious about him. He's only 22 and will only get better.

yes he is one of the best players in ligue 1 this year. he has talent and he is young. and we need a good playmaker.

Floating

Established Member

Just watched a few comps, and his style does remind me a lot of Nasri at Marseille, but with better vision and range of passing. Maybe doesn't have the absurd balance and dribbling skills as Samir, but I'd prefer a better passer anyway.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom