• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Younès Kaboul

ugen64

Viper said:
Davies is over priced. There is no point for paying over the odds for an English player.

exactly - is Curtis Davies really worth as much as 30 Kolo Toures? Personally I'd rather have a team of 30 Kolo Toures :D

RammiXP

personlly i think we need to buy a few more english players. I really do, there is some amazing quality in the UK and we simply never look to get it. for example Joey barton would be perfect for our midfield, tenasious, hard working and around players of the quality we have he would be amazing. Davies is another player who will be the next big centre back everyone can see this, he has quality well beyond anything upson or even terry had as his age.

I think the preimum you pay for an english player is high yes but we need a few in the team now that both sol and cole are pretty much gone. regardless of what people say Arsenal are an english club and while i agree nationalitys should not be an issue we have some responisbility to the game in this country. apart from walcott there is no one even near the satrting eleven in our team. Im sorry thats not right.

Harding

at the end of the day davies proved himself amongst a poor set of deffence partners last year in the top division.....he is young.....english.....ok £10mill is a bit over the top but we would be paying money for a proven prem player and aboul is not that, i would be happy if we signed him for a fee of around £5mill but i honestly believe we will sign davies.

arsenalule

GoonerGurjit said:
marckassatly said:
who's aubey???

The young Toulouse centre-back, who can also play left-back.

Lucien Aubey: He could be a one-stop defensive signing- sign him, none more needed there for a year...but it puts an end to Kaboul (future Legend and gooner), Davies, Richards (although signed new contract and a gooner also).

nealbrown

If it were £10m up front then yes that would be to much. But it's more likely to be £5m up front with the rest based on appearances and success. In which case it's a great deal. He's worth about £6m any way, he'd soon pay back the rest. If we signed him he'd be in the England squad in 12 months.

As for Barton, I wish we'd gone for him before he signed a new deal. He was one of the best players in the League last season and exactly the player we need.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
interesting that the only thing the article said is that "arsenal ARE BELIEVED TO BE insterested"..

which means **** all if you ask me....

however, we do need another CB, but i would prefer one that was older than 20...

el jefe

Agree on both counts, USArsenal.

It seems like whenever there is a promising young French player available, we are 'believed to be interested.'

And as good as our young defenders are, I would prefer we add someone with a bit of experience.

ali1

Forget about Davies he is far too expensive for AW to give him a second thought.

Ideally we need an experienced CB and a big strong "hussling bussling" CM/DM

This lad sounds promising but we also have Djorou waiting in the wings.

Top Bottom