• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Young Defensive Midfielder

lee1001

Established Member
Its become very apparent watching the young side we have been putting out fo the Carling Cup this season that we have a lot of young attcking players..i.e...Ryan Smith, Reyes, Cesc, Bentley, Quincy, Aliadiere etc.

However there doesn't seem to be anyybody in the mould of Vieira coming though, at least that i know of.

We were linked with Yaya Toure and ive seen a lot of people in this forum listing him in the future starting XI for Arsenal.

However i was under the impresion that Yaya was sold to some Ukranian side??

Thoughts anyone??

Is there a talented defensive midfielder coming though we should be aware of?

What's the latest news on Yaya?

Mark

Established Member
we will probably sign yaya one day, but he needs a work permit first, so let him play for this ukranian side and hopefully for his country and i imagine we'll get him in the future. i think svard is a decent defensive midfielder coming through, although he can also play as a defender i'm not sure which is his best position.

weelip

i believe cesc is a defensive midfielder as they say he is in the mould of guardiola...maybe he will be one day replace Pat?

Mark

Established Member
i don't think cesc is much of a defensive midfielder like vieira if he was top scorer in the u17 world cup. i think he is more of an attacking midfielder.

Adam

Established Member
Vieira is 27, and Gilberto the same, with Edu 25.

Let's not be greedy - we don't need a young replacement in every position!

The Mini

It always helps Adam. I've always thought of Edu as a general midfielder, not exactly sitting infront of the defence and not really in the hole

lex

i saw svard play yesterday against millwall . and also john halls.
only becasue i work there as a steward. halls is skillfull for a righ bakc
he is not a bad play and for svard. he was good. he was verry tall like viera.

The Mini

lex said:
i saw svard play yesterday against millwall . and also john halls.
only becasue i work there as a steward. halls is skillfull for a righ bakc
he is not a bad play and for svard. he was good. he was verry tall like viera.

Halls was sold.

And to Kolo, we need him as CB or RB we dont have much else for him

Suki

the icelandic kid skaulasson is suppose to be v good defensive midfielder. fabregas is a creative midfield.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
I've seen a bit of Svard and he could be very very good. Thing is he could be at Watford next season. He's at that age where he's done it all through the ranks but must move on a level. He needs to impose himself on the level he's playing. But up to this stage he's given good reasons for high hopes.

TB*Gooner*

Sebastian Larsson is a hot prospect. He's been very dominant in Sweden u-18 or something... Has anyone seen him. Think he is 17 or 18.

KingReyes

Established Member
Vieira is only 27. There is plenty of time to worry about a replacement for him. Ray and Co. have always done a great job when he was out. YAYA and Cesc are definately players to look out for in the future.

Top Bottom