• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Young Stars

Who has been our young player of the tournament?

• Graham Stack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Justin Hoyte

• Gael Clichy

• Cesc Fabregas

• David Bentley

• Jeremie Aliadiere

• Other?

• Total voters

Mark

Established Member
Well the only thing I'm upset about is that boro's second goal was given as an own goal when I don't really think it was, but it's their style to try and make our new hyped up expensive signing look as bad as possible, so it's expected...

But I'm happy and admitedly quite surprised we got this far in the first place playing so many youngsters, but I'm glad to see how promising a lot of them look.

Basically I wanna know who you think has been our young player of the tournament. Stack for his great saves? Clichy for his consistency? Aliadiere for his goals? My vote would go to one of those three probably.

Once again, well done to the youngsters for getting us this far. The future is looking bright. :D

Stim

Aliadiere for me, we blatantly missed his goals when he didnt play. The other two are also worthy winners though.

jeremiesgirl

Ali without doubt -he really shined in this competion and scored that fantastic goal against Wolves -we must remember Ali really helped us to get as far as we did by scoring goals in EVERY round on the Carling Cup he played in.

Well done Ali!!! :D

Mark

Established Member
it's a real shame ali was injured, he looked so good in this competition, crying out for a place in the starting 11. i hope he comes back and plays some FA cup games perhaps if we draw a weaker team after hopefully beating chelski.

jc8gooner

I think ali, Clichy, Stack and Bentley have all done really well, but in this order for me:

1) Ali
2) Stack
3) Bentley
4) Clichy

There's not much in it though.

Andrew

A tie between Clichy and Ali. I would just choose Clichy, because he has shown against better quality opposition (boro tonight) that he can perform well.

Mark

Established Member
the only thing hindering clichy's progress is that ashley cole is not many years older than him. perhaps we should convert gael into a left midfielder although he looks a lot better at LB.

pome

bentley, stack, ali and clichy all look very promising shame ali got injured, he could have finnished what he started! we missed him big time in the semis

Mark

Established Member
also a shame we couldnt've seen senderos play in this competition. we have to wait till next year now...

pamilih

Everybody played, but too bad we lost one man. First we are a bit thin upfront and then we are down to 10. As AW said, we could've won if 11-11, because we were actually at par with them.

Senght

Ali for his goals. Im also surprised that we actually got so far in the Carling Cup. Weak opposition maybe? He

gypped

Let's make Stack oour next #1, and before you know it, he'll be replacing Shay Given on the Irish national team! I've been impressed with him, and I think he could have a great future at Highbury, then at Ashburton Grove!

Latest posts

Top Bottom