• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youngsters. Do they even have a chance?

Biggus

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Biggus said:
ricky1985 said:
Ramsey, Wilshere and Vela should have been on the pitch, not sat on the bench.

Come on Ricky- you have to admit we're in real trouble if we're looking to three teens (however talented) to save us!

I agree Bigs. It is more a reflection on the ridiculous crapness of Diaby and Denilson, and the woeful ineffectiveness of Robin Van Persie.

I'm really worried that these kids will get badly injured playing against full grown men in the premiership. Even Rooney who is built like a brick ****house suffers a lot of injuries. Our youngsters are more lightweight and supple and built for speed, as the campaign takes its toll unless Wenger seriously reinforces in January, we're likely to see more and more of them.
Look at Nasri he's older and stronger yet he misses every second game.

Anzac

Established Member
Well if AW isn't going to use any of these special talents, then they need to go no loan to get match time at the very least. If Wilshere is as good as most here think then why hasn't he had more pitch time in the last 10 mins as yet?

Saw a stat on f365 today - of the Big 4 this season, so far we have used THE LEAST number of starting players. Considering our injury problems this leads to speculation that we either don't have the numbers, don't have the talent, or both - yet Ramsey, Vela & Wilshere are all part of the senior squad, and have frack all pitch time????????

Biggus

Established Member
Why would we want Wilshere's leg broken playing for Wigan? Remember people these are still only kids. Wenger is bordering on breaking child abuse laws if he sends them out too much.

ricky1985

Established Member
Biggus said:
I'm really worried that these kids will get badly injured playing against full grown men in the premiership. Even Rooney who is built like a brick ****house suffers a lot of injuries. Our youngsters are more lightweight and supple and built for speed, as the campaign takes its toll unless Wenger seriously reinforces in January, we're likely to see more and more of them.
Look at Nasri he's older and stronger yet he misses every second game.

You're right it is a worry. Ramsey and Wilshere are 16 and 17 years old. It is ludicrous really. You only have to look at Wilshere to see he has a lot of growing to do.

I am hopeful Wenger is going to buy the neccessary players in January that will see Song, Denilson, and Diaby relegated to the bench for the second half of the season.

The subject of how to best proceed with the youngsters is a dilemma. If we sign players in January and some of our first XI drop to the bench. The youngsters are then relegated to rerserve football, so how do they improve? It is not a good environment to improve your game.

The problem is, I think Ramsey, Wilshere and Vela are so talented that they need to be playing Premiership football, to progress their development.
Similar to Rafael at United, he is 18 and playing right back for a team that wants to win the League, and the Champions League. It's crazy. He isn't good enough to be there, but he is too good for the reserves and too delicate to be loaned.

It is a real conundrum.

Zico

Established Member
Rafael is okay. He has the leagues best player in front of him, and the league's two best central defenders behind him. Plus he is defending against the non-existant species of left wingers. Finally, he has Neville behind him. His situation is very different from having all of Denilson, Diaby and Song fumbling about together in the heart of midfield.

hackajack

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
I am hopeful Wenger is going to buy the neccessary players in January that will see Song, Denilson, and Diaby relegated to the bench for the second half of the season.
There's no way on planet football that we will be buying three first XI players in January, we might get a stop-gap defensive midfielder (my guess is 'no one good enough available')or a big ugly bloke to play CB but that's about it.

ricky1985

Established Member
quincy42 said:
Rafael is okay. He has the leagues best player in front of him, and the league's two best central defenders behind him. Plus he is defending against the non-existant species of left wingers. Finally, he has Neville behind him. His situation is very different from having all of Denilson, Diaby and Song fumbling about together in the heart of midfield.

Yes, that is very true, but the simple fact is he is nowhere near good enough to be a Champions League or Premier Leaguen winning fullback, at least for now.
I know there are other contributing factors but look how many goals Man United have conceeded this season compared to last.
The problem is the only way he is going to improve is to play at the highest level and learn from his mistakes. Man United are far, far better placed to risk that. We put Ramsey, Wilshere and Vela and we are asking for trouble, Although that doesn't detract from the fact that they are currently better players than Diaby, Denilson and Bendtner. Who are all getting game time ahead of them. So when you look at it like that, aren't we better off playing these supremely talented youngsters, to fast-track their improvement, if the players ahead of them are terrible anyway?

We are gaining nothing by playing Denilson, Diaby and Bendtner because the talent isn't there for them to apply their experience to.

Although serious injuries are a big worry. Can you imagine if Papa Bouba Diop made a full-tilt sliding challenge on Jack Wilshere?

ricky1985

Established Member
hackajack said:
ricky1985 said:
There's no way on planet football that we will be buying three first XI players in January, we might get a stop-gap defensive midfielder (my guess is 'no one good enough available')or a big ugly bloke to play CB but that's about it.

We'll see, he has to do something. Dont forget Gallas could be leaving so straight away a replacement must be bought. Rosicky is out for the season, and probably permanently crocked, so he needs to act there. And he has admitted we need a defnesive midfielder in the past.

He could easily do nothing, but this time I sense it's different.

Original_AAA

dos1986 said:
More Sympathy again :roll:

Any fella 21 over isnt a youngster in the modern game.Cesc, Clichy, Gallas, Djourou, Sagna, Almunia, Rvp, Ade, Nasri etcetera are not youngsters, they are young men like all the guys at the other teams.

We are not that young, why do we keep using that stupid excuse?

How often do Ramsey, Wilshere, Vela & Fabianski, Barazite, Merida, Randall, Simpson, Gibbs, Traore, Hoyte play in the Prem?Not often.

Are we abusing them?No.

Some of ye might have to accept that these " young men " are not up to it.Its that simple.

So your point is that a player that is 22/23/24 will not improve? Or is it that you have to be a teenager to be considered a youngster?

sesquioxide

quincy42 said:
These players can learn nothing from playing with each other and, together, make enough mistakes to render the team useless. Wenger will probably limit the growth of Denilson, Diaby and Song by playing them all together.

Quincy42, I absolutely agree with that observation. The players cannot learn from each other and as such they learn from the opposition (which isn't good for us fans).

Although, ironically, I do think that our most dire part of the squad, the central defense and the goalkeeper, is actually the most experienced. Indeed, it seems to be the consensus now that the youngest of them (i.e. Djourou) is the best of them.

Biggus

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
It is a real conundrum.

I think Wenger is doing the right thing using the younger kids sparingly. Ideally they should come on when we're 3-0 up but we don't get 3-0 up much these days.

The problem is that we have no one else to use instead of non performers. We've only got kids or younger kids.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom