• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youngsters On Loan Watch

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Best of luck. At least he can admire the cathedral should the loan spell itself be a disappointment.

'The cathedral of Lincoln is out and out the most precious piece of architecture in the British Isles and roughly speaking worth any two other cathedrals we have' - John Ruskin

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Just not happening for TJJ :/
Yeah, think it was his last chance and it's gone now. He'll probably make it as a pro player but it won't be anywhere near Arsenal. If he stays healthy in the future, he could end up in the PL maybe as he is talented.
It's a shame, I like his style

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Just not happening for TJJ :/
Damn near pulled out what's left of my hair upon reading this yesterday. Just ****ty news in general.

Focus shifts even further towards Balogun and Biereth now, with Edwards most likely to be the one just behind them.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Brooke Norton-Cuffy made his full debut for Lincoln City today and was voted MOTM by their fans. According to Sofascore, won 8 of his 10 duels, had a strong defensive and attacking performance, including some powerful dribbles.

With the attention on Djed Spence supposedly from us, it's important we don't lose sight of what we already have and are able to utilise it.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Sign Djed, loan BNC and reassess in 2023/24. A full year on loan is more important than playing the odd game in the Arsenal senior team.
At 18 y.o. it seems to make sense to send him out on loan for another season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Sign Djed, loan BNC and reassess in 2023/24. A full year on loan is more important than playing the odd game in the Arsenal senior team.
I agree that he needs a full loan but I'd rather we not sign Djed if that's the case. Don't see the point. We may as well (sigh) stick with Cedric for another year. If I'm gonna bring in a youngish RB to be backup, it's gonna be Bogle but even then, I think Cedric will do until Norton-Cuffy has a bit of exp.

Tom349

I agree that he needs a full loan but I'd rather we not sign Djed if that's the case. Don't see the point. We may as well (sigh) stick with Cedric for another year. If I'm gonna bring in a youngish RB to be backup, it's gonna be Bogle but even then, I think Cedric will do until Norton-Cuffy has a bit of exp.

If BNC is good enough in two years time then it's a good issue to have. Can never have enough competition for spots. While Tomiyasu ability to play RB/CB means we can afford to have a log jam at RB.

On a side note don't want anything to do with Bogle.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Brooke Norton-Cuffy made his full debut for Lincoln City today and was voted MOTM by their fans. According to Sofascore, won 8 of his 10 duels, had a strong defensive and attacking performance, including some powerful dribbles.

With the attention on Djed Spence supposedly from us, it's important we don't lose sight of what we already have and are able to utilise it.
I hope he has a good loan there. Somehow we seem to have come a cropper with our loanees as of late. Ballard was doing well, then he got injured etc etc.

Azeez got some games for Portsmouth, but it didn't quite work out.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Donny won completely against the run of play! :lol:

Matt Smith had a great defensive performance in midfield. Norton-Cuffy was a threat going forward. The sofascore readings are kind to both of them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 22.46.14.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 22.46.14.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 22.46.29.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 22.46.29.png
    116 KB · Views: 7

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Interesting day for some of our loanees.

Matt Smith had a decent performance in a terrible team yet again - sofascore has him at a 7/10 match rating despite his team Doncaster Rovers losing 4-0 and being down to 10 men. I'd like to see what he does in a team that's actually good.

Flo Balogun had a good hour of football and won a penalty as Boro beat Luton. I watched, he was good and honestly I was very frustrated to see him come off as he was doing fine. Hopefully he starts their next game.

And Norton-Cuffy - well. See above. Norton-Cafu indeed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom