• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youngsters On Loan Watch

Impact

Established Member
Do people think Osei-Tutu could come back and be a deputy for Bellerín for a season or two?

I'm weary of sinking costs into a stopgap deputy unnecessarily.

oh to be a goon

Personally I think Swanson is the better RB prospect, but Osei-Tutu has been putting in good performances on loan, and it may be prudent to reward that.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Luckily Mavropanos` injury wasn`t serious. Played 90 minues today as Nurenburg drew 1-1 away to top of the table Bielfield. Looks to have had another excellent game.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
What I have seen from Osei-Tutu (perhaps in pre-season matches, I don't really recall) he looked quite rough technically. Wasn't convinced at all, but if he's doing well in Germany and we're not getting Bogle I would understand if we keep him here next season. Need an actual RB as a backup.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What I have seen from Osei-Tutu (perhaps in pre-season matches, I don't really recall) he looked quite rough technically. Wasn't convinced at all, but if he's doing well in Germany and we're not getting Bogle I would understand if we keep him here next season. Need an actual RB as a backup.
He’s playing further forward and was quite bad as a RB apparently.

He’s nearly 22 so I think we’ll sell for a small fee.

TromsoGooner

Anyone know when his contract is up? We should at least be able to get a decent fee for him, at least 3-4M.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
So far, 3 youngsters have already gone on loans, with Zak Swanson making the curious move to the Dutch 2nd division (which actually would suit him a little given he's a sturdy but not very quick full-back with good technical quality). Zech Medley and Trae Coyle now have both gone to Gillingham in League One, a good move IMO albeit at a lower level. Both players have had precious little time (none in Coyle's case) at men's level so it was not expected for them to get Championship loans although that would have been nice. I'm comfortable with them experiencing men's football at League One for now as the Football League is still one of the most competitive set of leagues in the game. This will be a decent enough test for meaningful regular men's football.

There will be much lessons to learn IMO. Medley's great frame and potential offset by his need to master the mechanics of defending. While Coyle will learn to put his considerable technical talent and athleticism to good use by learning to be consistent and back up his threat with end product.

Impact

Established Member
Wonder what Gillingham has done to impress us? I know the location is great. Not unreasonably far from where many of our players will be based. I also like the idea of sending players in a pair.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wonder what Gillingham has done to impress us? I know the location is great. Not unreasonably far from where many of our players will be based. I also like the idea of sending players in a pair.
Maybe a willingness to play them regularly - I read someone on Twitter say they weren't impressed with their manager but apparently after speaking with Arteta they managed to get the deal done so whatever he said must have done the trick.

Medley and Coyle is a nice even spread aswell - a defender and an attacker respectively. I do wonder how they will get on, I'm curious to see both of them. Medley really needs work defensively but he's very good in the air so he should fit in. I really want to see Coyle play against men aswell. This is a guy who could and should have been a jewel in the crown that is Hale End of late. Just such a shame his injuries slowed him down. I'm eager to see how he responds.

TromsoGooner

Wonder what to Osei Tutu? Will he be kept around or sold? Had a decent loan so should get at 2-3M at least.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Impact

Established Member
Expecting loans for John-Jules and Olayinka next. Maybe Cottrell too if we can place him well.

Should see some sales start soon. Sheaf and Osei-Tutu prime candidates for permanent moves. Balogun as well if we cannot renegotiate fresh terms. Could gain as much £10 million from the trio.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Expecting loans for John-Jules and Olayinka next. Maybe Cottrell too if we can place him well.

Should see some sales start soon. Sheaf and Osei-Tutu prime candidates for permanent moves. Balogun as well if we cannot renegotiate fresh terms. Could gain as much £10 million from the trio.
I'd be a little surprised if Cottrell went out on loan, I expect him to be a regular for the U23s this season - that said, I'd really like that as I think he will quickly outgrow U23 football over the course of this season. I reckon he'll probably go in January.

TJJ and Olayinka I'm expecting aswell. Maybe Olayinka goes to League One aswell. TJJ for Championship is a strong possibility IMO.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Another good loan. Plenty of football for him potentially, can also learn to get to grips with more physical players aswell. Will be interesting to see how he gets on for sure. League One seems to be the league to watch so far.

Wonder who's next to get the loan. Could be Tyreece John-Jules.
scored yesterday and played full 90 minutes

Top Bottom