• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youngsters On Loan Watch

BobP

Memri Fan

Live footage of the victimized defender's funeral:

tenor.gif

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Trae Coyle's first league goal. Could be first of many, can see him getting double figures if he is at his most productive. Wonder what a big season does for him....

Matt Smith also played for Swindon. They lost vs Blackpool 2-0 but from what I was able to glean from online, the Swindon fans are very impressed with Smith's quality in possession.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Zach Medley seems to be doing quite well for Gillingham. Makiing it here will be very tough with Gabriel, Holding, Saliba, Mavropanos and Chambers all young but maybe he has a chance. Still only 20 and I always though his combibation of height and ability on the ball was very interesting.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Osei Tutu seems to be doing quite for Cardiff. Any chance he can make it here @MutableEarth ?
If he improved defensively then he has a chance. I think the window of opportunity hasn't been very open for him unfortunately and there are stronger talents coming up behind him. I'm intrigued to see how he does in the Championship though, he's shown himself to be pretty competent so far at that level.

---------------------------------

I've been keeping an eye on League One due to the plethora of Arsenal talent playing at that level this season. The standout in terms of performance seems to be Matt Smith at Swindon. The very vast majority of Swindon fans I'm seeing online have him as their best player at the moment, which I'm quite impressed with given he has had no senior football before this.

TromsoGooner

Ballard impressing for Blackpool on his first start. From their forum:

A special note to young Ballard, a fantastic full debut.

Three points, like the look of Ballard

Ballard and Marvin both brilliant

TromsoGooner

Ballard having another really good game so far and McGuiness also impressing for Ipswich against Gillingham, where Medley also is playing. We finally seem to be be developing some really promising defenders.

TromsoGooner

Ballard sent off, shame as he looked to be playing very well. McGuiness is having a brilliant game, most touches, interceptions, aerial won and clearences of all players on the pitch by far.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Matt Smith played 90 minutes in Swindon’s FA Cup first round against Darlington on the weekend. Had an up and down game, lost the ball a couple of times in poor areas which led to big chances.

Started a lot of Swindon’s good moves though like in the below goal.

As for Jordi Osei-Tutu he’s going to be out until a few weeks after the international break with a hamstring injury.

John-Jules has been back at Colney recently as he tries to recover from an injury as well.

Dan Ballard missed Blackpool’s FA cup game through suspension and annoyingly Zech Medley was on the bench throughout for Gillingham.

They’ve got a really good young CB called Jack Tucker there and with another young CB in Declan Drysdale there’s a lot of competition for places there.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Matt Smith played 90 minutes in Swindon’s FA Cup first round against Darlington on the weekend. Had an up and down game, lost the ball a couple of times in poor areas which led to big chances.

Started a lot of Swindon’s good moves though like in the below goal.

As for Jordi Osei-Tutu he’s going to be out until a few weeks after the international break with a hamstring injury.

John-Jules has been back at Colney recently as he tries to recover from an injury as well.

Dan Ballard missed Blackpool’s FA cup game through suspension and annoyingly Zech Medley was on the bench throughout for Gillingham.

They’ve got a really good young CB called Jack Tucker there and with another young CB in Declan Drysdale there’s a lot of competition for places there.
Mark McGuinness also played the entire game for Ipswich too, as did Harry Clarke for Oldham. James Olayinka scored arguably the goal of the round for Southend (they still got knocked out).

Matt Smith is very good though, been keeping tabs on Swindon fans online. They reckon he's the best player in that team so that's a big positive - his first season of any kind of first team football and he's pretty settled already and making passes like the one we just saw. A valuable asset IMO.

TromsoGooner

Northern Ireland are winning away to Austria and Daniel Ballard is havin an excellent game. Very interesting player, has supposedly been very good for Blackpool this season.

TromsoGooner

McGuiness conceded a penalty for Ipswich but was otherwise very good again it seems. Smith MOTM for Swindon yet again.

TromsoGooner

John Jules has been out for a good while but came off the bench and scored in his first game back for Doncaster.

Top Bottom