• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youngsters On Loan Watch

teamsoutheast

I wonder who will make it out of Medley, McGuiness, Clarke, and Ballard..... They all seem to be doing fairly well on loan. Would be good if they can step up a level from league one/two to championship level next season. Ballard is an interesting one as he has quietly gone about his business in a professional way. He's gonna be 22 in September and is already capped at international level for northern Ireland. If he can have an outstanding loan in the championship, I wonder if he may be given an opportunity seeing as we are getting rid of a few defenders at the end of this season.

oh to be a goon

I wonder who will make it out of Medley, McGuiness, Clarke, and Ballard..... They all seem to be doing fairly well on loan. Would be good if they can step up a level from league one/two to championship level next season. Ballard is an interesting one as he has quietly gone about his business in a professional way. He's gonna be 22 in September and is already capped at international level for northern Ireland. If he can have an outstanding loan in the championship, I wonder if he may be given an opportunity seeing as we are getting rid of a few defenders at the end of this season.

I get the feeling if any of that list make it here (are promoted to the first team) it will be McGuinness. He has a good size and defensive awareness, with surprising technical skill. And he's young, only turns 20 in January.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Ballard and McGuiness most likely. Medley has done okey at Gillignham but has been on the bench lately while both Ballard and McGuiness have been very impressive. McGuiness espeically is very interesting, just 19, superb in the air, very tall and decent on the ball.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I saw him when Norway played Northern Ireland, granted he was up against Haaland and Sørloth, but he seemed very raw.

Obviously he should be sent on loan to Huddersfield.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Ballard and McGuiness most likely. Medley has done okey at Gillignham but has been on the bench lately while both Ballard and McGuiness have been very impressive. McGuiness espeically is very interesting, just 19, superb in the air, very tall and decent on the ball.
This is where I'm at aswell. I really like Clarke but he has a harder path to success at Arsenal. And Medley has actually marginally done better than I expected at Gillingham but I feel like Ballard and McGuinness have more chance of moving the needle at Arsenal as squad defenders. Both good on the ball, aggressive in the air and promising front-foot defenders. Not super mobile but can manage. Their potential ceiling for me is where Holding is currently.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Swindon vs Ipswich is on my streaming site, and the commentators keep gushing over Matt Smith. The only Swindon player to play every league game so far this season too. Also never realized how two footed he is.

McGuinness is also quite good on the ball and plays some nice long passes
Main concern with Smith is whether he's up to it athletically at the higher level. Player I like a lot, but wonder if he's got the stature or mobility for EPL level.

REEVIE1995

Looks like Medley and Coyle are on their way back. Gills fans seemed to think Coyle didn't really suit Evan's longball tactics. Not quite sure what happened with Medley cause he started well. Hopefully we can get decent loan moves for them again in this window.

Top Bottom