• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youngsters On Loan Watch

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Looks like Medley and Coyle are on their way back. Gills fans seemed to think Coyle didn't really suit Evan's longball tactics. Not quite sure what happened with Medley cause he started well. Hopefully we can get decent loan moves for them again in this window.
Medley got an injury and struggled to get back in.

Coyle especially needs a good loan. Seems the club still like Coyle a lot interestingly so will be interesting to see what moves he makes this January.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Mark McGuiness the matchwinner for Ipswich today. He is having a great season for them. Only 19, big prospect.
Definitely showing himself to be a contender at CB and young enough to still be able to stake a claim. A good chunk of the kids in League One are getting very solid and valuable minutes at their disposal. John-Jules is the starting #9 for his team (injuries though) and Ballard is already a favourite at Blackpool. Matt Smith is arguably the best player in his team at Swindon albeit with a manager seemingly keen on playing him more advanced and not exactly playing the most possession-based style. It will be interesting to see what happens to them in the Summer.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Definitely showing himself to be a contender at CB and young enough to still be able to stake a claim. A good chunk of the kids in League One are getting very solid and valuable minutes at their disposal. John-Jules is the starting #9 for his team (injuries though) and Ballard is already a favourite at Blackpool. Matt Smith is arguably the best player in his team at Swindon albeit with a manager seemingly keen on playing him more advanced and not exactly playing the most possession-based style. It will be interesting to see what happens to them in the Summer.
Yeah, the loans are working out pretty well. McGuiness and Ballard the most impressive as you say, John Jules doing well. Smith seems to have tailed off a bit, subbed early today. Clarke doing well at Oldham too. Shame about Osei Tutu, started well for Cardiff, been injured almost three months now I think.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, the loans are working out pretty well. McGuiness and Ballard the most impressive as you say, John Jules doing well. Smith seems to have tailed off a bit, subbed early today. Clarke doing well at Oldham too. Shame about Osei Tutu, started well for Cardiff, been injured almost three months now I think.
It's interesting that the defenders seem to be performing the best. Smith is in a bit of a lull due to the quality of his team, but I think since the new manager has come in his influence has definitely waned. It might be an idea to bring him back and loan him somewhere else, but as long as he is still getting minutes he will most likely stay there.

TJJ came off with an injury so I'm hoping that isn't more minutes lost for him.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
How about Fabregas?
You mean one of the most technically developed (in terms of passing and first touch) players in his age group in the world at the time, with elite level decision making from the age of 16, who was so far ahead of his peers he could boss games against Man U as a teenager?

Good comparison...:facepalm:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
You mean one of the most technically developed (in terms of passing and first touch) players in his age group in the world at the time, with elite level decision making from the age of 16, who was so far ahead of his peers he could boss games against Man U as a teenager?

Good comparison...:facepalm:
I didn’t compare him to fabregas. I just mean physicality means shxt. If you are skillful enough, you are good enough.

REEVIE1995

Looks like Olayinka picked up a nasty ankle injury according to the Southend boss. It's a shame because from what I can gather, he has been been quite impressive in a struggling southend side. Hopefully he can get back to fitness quickly.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I didn’t compare him to fabregas. I just mean physicality means shxt. If you are skillful enough, you are good enough.
My point was Fabregas overcame his physical limitations because he was elite in other ways. Smith is good in other ways, but has a much harder path to overcoming his physical limitations at the elite level. I'd love it if he did, because stylistically and attitude wise, I like him a lot.

REEVIE1995

We had a really good summer in terms of getting good loan deals for our youngsters but it's been a bit quiet so far which is disappointing. We should be trying to get as many of them as we can out of the u23's and into some form of senior level football. Give some more room for others from the u18s to step up

Hoping to see the likes of Coyle, Medley, Cottrell, Alebiosu, Bola and a couple others get moved. We have have 4 u23 keepers ( Hein, Okonkwo, Hillison and Tom Smith) plus Deyan Illiev so we definitely need to send a couple of them out on loan.

REEVIE1995

Matt Smith has gone to Charlton for the rest of the season which should be a really good loan for him.

On the Swindon forum they are absolutely furious. Consensus has been that he has easily been their best player this season by a mile but unfortunately their new manager is abysmal. Completely mismanaged Smith and seemed like he had no clue how to get the best out of his qualities.

Our players have tended to do well out on loan at Charlton so hopefully this trend continues. Bowyer was a pretty decent midfield player in his day so it should be excellent for Smith to work under him. As long as he doesn't start scrapping with his own teammates.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Zech Medley scoring for Kilmarnock today. From what I read Killie fans saying he's been one of the few bright spots in a really poor season for them since he joined. I watched them play Aberdeen last week and he came on and played about an hour. Looked solid in an admittedly terrible game.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
If he had a full season at Doncaster he may have been part of the squad first part of the season but with him missing a lot of the season, another loan is probably on the cards. Done well when played at Doncaster, plenty of Championship clubs should be interested.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom