• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your a joke

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 114
  • Views 3,368
Status
Not open for further replies.

nidza7

Established Member
If you remember first part of last year PV was not in great form,but that all changed later and we won the Premiership.Well trash Hotspurs I m sure.

AFCG7

Established Member
theguvnor said:
Vieira is utter rubbish lately and the only people who say he is good obviously haven't seen Vieira at his best and I'd say THEY are the fickle plastic fans who'd suck up to Vieira no matter what happens, because he is Vieira.
I have been one of the ones that have said vieira has been crap. My original post was questionin idiots who have been overeactin over 6 bad games. and wanting wenger out. STUPIDITY

Guvnor i was just about to slam you until i got to this reply from you.. i've supported Arsena since i was 7, thats 23 years ago and counting.
People calling for Vieira to be dropped have a solid case. Its not as if he is a new player and we need to give him time to settle down..we KNOW what he is capable of and what he can produce, but at the moment he isnt cutting it..he needs a kick up the backside, and whatever has been done already doesnt seem to be working, so i feel he should be dropped.
About those calling for Wenger's head i agree with you that it is stupidity for them to say that, BUT.... Wenger must take some criticism tactics and team selection wise sometimes.He is brilliant we all know this but at times his decisions or lack thereof arent inspiring much confidence in the squad or the fans.

tristan

nidza7 said:
Well trash Hotspurs I m sure.

"We'll trash Southampton. It's an easy game"

"Thank goodness we play Palace next. Will be a good game to get our confidence back."

You'll have to be right one of these days I guess.

Gunner Ossie

I have question for all of those people who are so so bothered by others exressing their views on why we are playing badly and suggesting what they think should be done about it.

If youre so offended when some fans overeact and exagerate the extent of our current problems when we're not playing well, should'nt you react in exactly the same way when other fans start overeacting and exagerating about how brilliant we are when we are playing well.

To my mind, Overly-optimistic Post's stating things like

"Arsenal are the best team in the world",
"Henry is the best striker in the world"
"Wenger is the best manager in the world"
"Arsenal would thrash real madrid"
"Vieira is the best defensive midfielder in the world"
"Seaman is the best keeper in the world"

are just as delusional as Overly-Pessimistic posts stating things like

"We'll never win the CL"
"Sack Wenger"
"Arsenal are a one man team"
"Well not going to retain our title"
"Wenger has no plan B"

There are as many people in this forum who are guilty of exagerating how good we are as there are people who exagerating how bad we are.

Surely Exagerations work both ways and should be challenged or accepted equally be they overly-negative or overly-positive.

So Lets not get to excited if a few people take longer to calm down and still feel a need to vent their frustration with the team/manager.

Mark

Established Member
I agree, Gunner Ossie. That is basically it on this forum. People jump from one extreme to the other. There aren't many posters who really take a detailed look at what is happening out there.

Fact is, however the team is doing - just stand by them and don't go over the top with praise or with criticism.

quattro

tristan said:
nidza7 said:
Well trash Hotspurs I m sure.

"We'll trash Southampton. It's an easy game"

"Thank goodness we play Palace next. Will be a good game to get our confidence back."

You'll have to be right one of these days I guess.
maybe, maybe not.

but we will beat chelsea in december.

Asterix

Established Member
Ho hum.

I have two thoughts here which provide different perspectives.

1. If you think things aren't great now, try finding a highlights tape of Arsenal's performance from about 1982 until 1988. Most of the 80s was crap. Luckily they ended with something special at Anfield.

2. To stay on top you need to constantly analyse your achievements and weaknesses. As I've said on other threads it's good to be critical, provided the criticism has some foundation and leads to something better. Silly whingeing because we haven't won every game again is not particularly helpful.

And I'll add in another one. It's early November, we are two points off the lead and we have the league's top scorer. Woo Hoo!

Aussie

Established Member
The board has become over populated with wankers. To many posters who just ***** and complain. The standard of this forum has gone down hill big time.

Asterix

Established Member
btw, what has happened to lewdrikis? He used to have a sane perspective on most topics, but I haven't seen his name around for a while.

Aussie

Established Member
Lewd still posts quite regulary. Its hard to find decent posts amongst all the crap these days however,

Florida Gooner

Let's all keep in mind that many of these reactions are post-match, in the heat of the moment, when many people's emotions are running high and common sense and thoughfulness are thrown to the wind. That's not to excuse those who are like that all the time, of course. I'm inclined to give most people the benefit of the doubt up till about 2 days after the match, when cooler heads start to prevail. If someone's on a rant with no basis in fact, it only serves to egg them on if one engages them. That said, even the most hotheaded and least thoughtful amongst us can't be accused of not caring about the team, as even misguided or uneducated opinions expressed here are based on the passion for Arsenal.

Canuck

Established Member
Snap some sense into everyone Guv. Good or bad we should all love the Arsenal.
We all want them to do well. I am sure that they'll live up their reputation of being a winning team in the long run.

Good point here though...
Yeah, you know they are newbies when the start talkin crap!!

are you serious, newbies like what the heck is joining this arsenal-mania site got anything to do with knowledge of football, are you saying that a guy who joined the site today is less knowlegeble then some guy who been on lonoger, are you for real

jeromelee

Florida Gooner said:
Let's all keep in mind that many of these reactions are post-match, in the heat of the moment, when many people's emotions are running high and common sense and thoughfulness are thrown to the wind. That's not to excuse those who are like that all the time, of course. I'm inclined to give most people the benefit of the doubt up till about 2 days after the match, when cooler heads start to prevail. If someone's on a rant with no basis in fact, it only serves to egg them on if one engages them. That said, even the most hotheaded and least thoughtful amongst us can't be accused of not caring about the team, as even misguided or uneducated opinions expressed here are based on the passion for Arsenal.

Well said. I think flaming fans who are fuming isn't right either as who is to say they are glory hunters? Their passion could be running so high that they scream blue murder. I think we should all just respect everyone else's opinion's whether it's extremely bad or good. But clearly we are in a rut, and we have to make some changes fast. Not only does a bad result set's up back, but it also ruins the players confidence and at the same time allows the opponents the think they have a chance to beat us. We can't let this continue. Just look at the start of the season when we were doing so well, you read it all the time about opponent managers claiming we are invinsible or absolutely devastating in attack etc etc and you call tell the players just slumps when they go a goal down to us. But with too long a spell of bad results they may start thinking, hey, these other teams were a goal down to Arsenal and yet them came back. We too have a chance. I mean, lets be honest, letting Crystal Palace equalize is really hurting our confidence. They not exactly a strong team. Hopefully, we can come back stronger for the Sp**s game.

Asterix

Established Member
I can see both sides here. Largely I agree that we should (and mostly do) support our wonderful team. But being a fan means that every now and then you hate your team. You really do. They p*ss you off and make you very angry. If you want to vent your feelings here then you're free to do so. That's why it's a forum. But always remember that you will love Arsenal until the day you die, and that you need to ultimately support them.

A

Anonymous

I know we get angry when we **** up, i am the king of ranting when i get angry. BUT even i can control myself from making such obsurd comments as getting rid of wenger etc. They are just stupid. The whole point i am getting at is that some fans on here are very quick to switch and act like its the end of the world, i see this as fickle and maybe as signs of being a glory hunter. Because too be honest if you think it is the end of the world drawing to a spirited palace side then you really havent been supporting us long and you really do not appreciate what arsenal is all about - not just winning every game 10-0

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Mark said:
Damn right! I dunno about the rest of you but I f*cking love this team!!!
me too, i love this club so much and i hurts when people put our boys down or write us off just cause were going through a bad patch.

I love you Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom