• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your All Time Arsenal XI

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
OP says pick the team with your favourite players. Why you include them is up to you. It could simply be their ability or it could be the influence they have had on Arsenal.

Ah ok I should have actually read that properly. Usually the gist of these threads is to best the best XI. Sanchez is already one of my favourite players so I guess it makes no difference to my selection anyway.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He wouldn't come close to mine, and how you can pick Overmars (irrespective of how good he was) above your avatar is beyond me.

Got Pires on the right, Overmars left.

Seaman
Dixon, Campbell, Adams, Cole
Pires, Vieira, Cesc, Overmars
Henry, Bergkamp

Anelka was bloody exciting for that period he was here, had me mesmerised, thought he was sensational as teen.

burnsjed

Established Member

Seaman
Henry, Bergkamp

Anelka was bloody exciting for that period he was here, had me mesmerised, thought he was sensational as teen.

Missed Pires on the right, though you are kind of cheating there!
To be honest we have had way better left sided players than right.
Though I love Rocastle, Overmars and Limpar would be ahead of him,
Brian Marwood had a sensational start to his Arsenal career, Georgie Armstrong would also be ahead of Rocky.
Anelka is behind quite a few strikers I have seen over the years, John Radford as a youngster had way better goal numbers than Anelka, as did Wrighty (obviously). There are others too.
Anelka's career was rather short, and he always came across, to me, as lacking the hunger of other strikers.
He seemed content getting his goal, never really seemed to have that drive to push on and get 3 etc.

burnsjed

Established Member
I would have Wright and Anelka before Henry in my favorite XI!

If you are going for your favourite you can really have anyone you want.
If the aim is to put down the best XI of players you have seen, it is rather impossible to build a case not to have Henry in there.
I would probably have a few different players if it were my all time fave team, Wright would be in there, as would Jennings.

Last edited:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Seaman
Henry, Bergkamp

I'd switch them. I think Pires was more reliant on playing on the left, where I feel Overmars was more a typical pacey winger type, and would floourish either side.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
PROBLEMS

I'm not sure Bergkamp, Fabregas and Vieira is defensive enough as a midfield 3 as great as it would be going forward.

If Henry is your number 9 (sure you don't want him as your no11?) then no RVP or Wright....sad but true.....and come guys Anelka isn't in the same bracket

I'm fancying Özil on the left wing, Özil v Pires v Sanchez v Overmars though........

Or maybe Özil or Alexis on the right........and Overmars played some games on the right for Holland I think

Taurus

.....................Seaman

Lauren....Adams....Campbell....Cole

Alexis........Vieira.......Özil........Pires

...................Bergkamp

.......................Henry

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Sanchez in there doesn't sit easy with me tbh. If he stays a few years and continues this form he's an obvious contender, but if he left tomorrow would he still be in your team?

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Sanchez in there doesn't sit easy with me tbh. If he stays a few years and continues this form he's an obvious contender, but if he left tomorrow would he still be in your team?
Good question.

I'ld drop him if he left.

That reminds me, I'ld also like to make a substitution in my team. I drop Cashley and replace him with Nigel Winterburn.

Have to like those on the pitch too:

Mad Jens
Dixon Kos Adams Winterburn
PV4
Alexis DB10 Brady Pires
Henry

Top Bottom