• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Arsenal Firsts

rachael-8

OneteaminLondon said:
Rachael-8 I got the gold away shirt in a sports shop in Leeds. halfway down the street that runs down from the Headrow between Albion St and Briggate- you weren't looking hard enough! :p

really :shock: i looked all over wakie for one and rung up other shops,o booooo i well wanted that shirt :cry:

Arnie

My 1st live Match:
Arsenal V Man utd 96/97

My 1st Fave player:
Dennis Bergkamp

My 1st bitter disapointment:
fa cup semi 99

My 1st meeting with an Arsenal Player:
kanu 3 years ago in a vodafone shop!! Got an autograph

My first away game:
West ham 2-2

'My' first trophy:
98 double.

My first shirt:
98/99 home shirt

My first arsenal gift:
Video: scoring scoring Arsenal 96/97 seasonl

karmakhazee

My first live match:
January 1990 Arsenal 1 Sp**s 0 Had my name up on the scoreboard because it was my birthday! Very exciting at 12 years old!

My first favourite player:
David Rocastle - remember writing a letter to him at school. We all had to write one to our hero. Always disappointed he didn't wirte back.

My first meeting with an Arsenal player:
Never met one.

My first away game:
October 1998 Derby County 1 Arsenal 2 at Pride Park Worthington Cup whilst working in Derby. Friend at work got me and my Gooner mate tickets through his Derby membership, nice eh? To add to the midlanders' hospitality, they even scored a goal for us.

My first shirt:
2002 home shirt. You may think that's late compared to my others, but it was preceded by my pride and joy of full Arsenal tracksuit for Christmas in 1989, along with all the usual paraphanalia of pencil cases, shinpads, lunchboxes, bootbags etc when I was growing up.

My first almost-wet-my-pants exciting signing:
Reading in the paper that Bruce Rioch had signed Dennis Bergkamp, then running to school to talk about it with the other Arsenal fans!

lewdikris

Established Member
beanz said:
OneteaminLondon said:
My 1st meeting with an Arsenal player:
Ian Wright 1993. Since met Gilberto and Edu in bizarre circumstances!
Lewd, come on, you can't tantalise us like that and then leave us wondering, you've got to either spill the beans or offer a prize for the most original reply.
My guess is, that you were in the bed department of Harrods, "testing the bounce" of a super king size waterbed (including vibro massage feature) with your partner.
Edu and Silva walk in holding hands and disguised as characters from "La Cages aux Folles" (a gay comedy).
Edu says in a high pitched lisping voice "Berto dahling, is'nt that just divine"(pointing at a gross Loius XIV four poster) and would'nt it look absolutely fabulous in our lovenest. :shock:

The bizarrest thing in that is that you seem to think OTL is me!

lorenzo

1st Live Home game:
Arsenal v Norwich 1989/90 season...(big bust up between players at the end, standing in the North Bank...Legend)

1st favorite player:
Paul Merson

1st meeting of Arsenal player:
Ian Wright
(he came to a half term football school and we got to ask him questions. I asked him what part of his game he thought he could improve on. he said holding up the ball!)

1st away game:
QPR v Arsenal... Boring 0-0 draw 90/91 season

1st shirt:
our first nike shirt: was it 92/93 season?? can't remember

1st bitter moment:
losing CWC final 2nd time round

juz7_pi12es

my 1st Arsenal GOLD design:
8d8e936a.jpg

I don't really like it, just for fun. Not sure it's GOLD enough or not. Any comment btw?
:)

Gurgen

Established Member
My 1st live Home Match:
Arsenal-ManUtd April 2003 (just realized the question is which match at Highbury, not on tv :lol:)

My 1st Fave player:
Dennis Bergkamp

FA Cup Semi '99

Only football player I saw anywhere was Zenden outside Harrods :lol:

My first away game:
vs. Ajax in the Amsterdam Tournament some years ago.

My first trophy:
Premiership 1998

My first shirt:
95/96 Away

My first arsenal gift:
Probably a calendar from my uncle :p

koivu

My 1st live Match: Arsenal 2-0 Southampton, Feb 2004

My 1st Fave player: Dennis Bergkamp

My 1st bitter disapointment: UEFA Cup Final loss to Galatasaray

My 1st meeting with an Arsenal Player: Never met any

My first away game: Haven't been, on my to do list though

My first trophy: Double 1998

My first shirt: 95/96 Home shirt

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
rachael-8 said:
OneteaminLondon said:
Rachael-8 I got the gold away shirt in a sports shop in Leeds. halfway down the street that runs down from the Headrow between Albion St and Briggate- you weren't looking hard enough! :p

really :shock: i looked all over wakie for one and rung up other shops,o booooo i well wanted that shirt :cry:

Yup, I think it's called All Sports- do you know the one I mean?

beanz said:
OneteaminLondon said:

Lewd, come on, you can't tantalise us like that and then leave us wondering, you've got to either spill the beans or offer a prize for the most original reply.
My guess is, that you were in the bed department of Harrods, "testing the bounce" of a super king size waterbed (including vibro massage feature) with your partner.
Edu and Silva walk in holding hands and disguised as characters from "La Cages aux Folles" (a gay comedy).
Edu says in a high pitched lisping voice "Berto dahling, is'nt that just divine"(pointing at a gross Loius XIV four poster) and would'nt it look absolutely fabulous in our lovenest. :shock:

Lewd? Who is this Lewd that you speak of? :shock: :lol:
Okay, just for you Beanz, I'm sure I've told this story a few time here, so I'll do it differently:

Int: McDonalds Restaurant (on the Strand, London)
Night, it's around 3.30am

We can see in a crowded, rowdy restaurant- restaurant ha!- a dark, good looking invidual, clearly inebriated standing with a couple of friends, one is ginger (also drunk), the other is slim and wears his hair slightly longer than the others (sober). The three seem to be observing the rest of the restaurant..

Luke (the slim one): Ummmmmm, nah I can't see anyone. Wait a minute!
OTIL (the dark, good looking one :wink: ) What?
Luke: Over there, look!
OTIL: Who?
Luke: Edu
OTIL: Edu? Yeah, that's not bad..
LUke: And next to him, that guy looks like Gilberto
OTIL: (laughs)
Luke: Paul, that is Edu and Gilberto
OTIL: No, no way!
Luke: Seriously, go over.
OTIL: Nah, it can't be.
Luke: I'm telling you it is!
OTIL: (to the ginger one, Kevin) Is it?
Kev: Yeah, I think so.
LUke: You should go over there man
OTIL: OK then

(walks over to where our two brazilian heroes are sat eating with a couple of friends)

OTIL: What the f'ck are you two doing in McDonalds at this time of night?
(Gilberto just looks down at his chips)
Edu: Well, we are normal people, no?
OTIL: (laughs) Yeah, fair point!
(Edu smiles)
OTIL: Well, listen, make sure you win the League this season, yeah?
Edu: We'll try.
OTIL: Ok, see ya

And that was it.

beanz

OOps, sorry about mixing you and lewdikris up :eek:ops:
That's an interesting story, I bet they went to Mc D's so late/early to avoid being caught eating junkfood, something I'm sure Le Boss would'nt approve of. :mrgreen:

Split

I also have seen Edu, wondering around oxford street.

He seems like a very, very down to earth guy. completely different to the rest of the footballing 'jetsetters'

Have a look at his website

family photos, talks about what he does in his private life etc. Very refreshing to see a football 'star' like that.

The phrase "nice to see he's got his feet on the ground" is very overused (especially on this forum) but with Edu it is certainly true.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
S'alright Beany! :lol:

Yeah, it was pretty funny to see them there, I think it might even have been after the Blackburn game where Edu scored at both ends

KingReyes

Established Member
My 1st live Match:
March 2004, vs Bolton. 2-1 win

My 1st Fave player:
Tony Adams

1991 Fa Cup semi-final loss to Sp*rs

None

My first away game:
March 2004, vs Chelsea in the CL, 1-1

'My' first trophy:
League win 1989

A

Anonymous

That gold kit isnt bad, can you do another one but in yellow. I think that is what our away colour should be and i really think that kit would look lovely in yellow!

___jeff

My 1st live Match:
98/99 Arsenal vs Wolve for charity shield

My 1st Fave player:
Dennis Bergkamp

2-1 lost to manutd in epl 98/99 season

Last season as i oragnised outings after a Gunners pub was established in singapore

My first away game:
Havnt been

'My' first trophy:
Charity shield

First shirt:
96/97 season home jersey

juz7_pi12es

theguvnor said:
That gold kit isnt bad, can you do another one but in yellow. I think that is what our away colour should be and i really think that kit would look lovely in yellow!
8d8e936a.jpg
fc07copy2.jpg
fc07copy3.jpg

tox

My 1st live Match:
I think it was against Athletico madrid in some pre season tournament which chelsea and torino played at highbury on the same day.

My 1st Fave player:
Ian wright

First time i went to highbury and saw arsenal lose against west ham. Around 94-95-96?????? (My memory is terrible)

None

My first away game:
Wimbledon at Selhurst park.95 -96 ish????

'My' first trophy:
Fa Cup and League cup double 94?

My first kit:
93-94 red addidas.

juz7_pi12es

My 1st Fave player:
Robert Emmanuel Píres
profile_pires.jpg

2004 David Bentley (Norwich C - Bukit Jalil, Malaysia)
profile_bentley.jpg

My LATEST kit:
Away 2004-05 with Baby Ash's name at the back! I'm loving it!
profile_cole.jpg

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
OneteaminLondon said:
rachael-8 said:
OneteaminLondon said:

Yup, I think it's called All Sports- do you know the one I mean?

beanz said:
OneteaminLondon said:

Lewd? Who is this Lewd that you speak of? :shock: :lol:
Okay, just for you Beanz, I'm sure I've told this story a few time here, so I'll do it differently:

Int: McDonalds Restaurant (on the Strand, London)
Night, it's around 3.30am

We can see in a crowded, rowdy restaurant- restaurant ha!- a dark, good looking invidual, clearly inebriated standing with a couple of friends, one is ginger (also drunk), the other is slim and wears his hair slightly longer than the others (sober). The three seem to be observing the rest of the restaurant..

Luke (the slim one): Ummmmmm, nah I can't see anyone. Wait a minute!
OTIL (the dark, good looking one :wink: ) What?
Luke: Over there, look!
OTIL: Who?
Luke: Edu
OTIL: Edu? Yeah, that's not bad..
LUke: And next to him, that guy looks like Gilberto
OTIL: (laughs)
Luke: Paul, that is Edu and Gilberto
OTIL: No, no way!
Luke: Seriously, go over.
OTIL: Nah, it can't be.
Luke: I'm telling you it is!
OTIL: (to the ginger one, Kevin) Is it?
Kev: Yeah, I think so.
LUke: You should go over there man
OTIL: OK then

(walks over to where our two brazilian heroes are sat eating with a couple of friends)

OTIL: What the f'ck are you two doing in McDonalds at this time of night?
(Gilberto just looks down at his chips)
Edu: Well, we are normal people, no?
OTIL: (laughs) Yeah, fair point!
(Edu smiles)
OTIL: Well, listen, make sure you win the League this season, yeah?
Edu: We'll try.
OTIL: Ok, see ya

And that was it.
Was that it. Where is the bizarre bit.

Top Bottom