• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Arsenal Firsts

Femaiden

My first live Match:

On TV: League Cup Final 1969. We lost to Swindon Town 3-1 in a mud wrestling contest.

In the flesh:
August 1976 v Newly promoted Bristol City. We lost 1-0 to a Paul Cheeseley goal. It was Malcolm Macdonald's debut for the gunners, but he was totally outshone by the young Bristol City striker.

Cheeseley is a player maybe none of you have heard of, but he has an incredibly sad tale to tell. He was a fabulous young striker who scored a huge number of goals in the old div 2 and was largely responsibe for getting City promoted to the old first division.

It seemed the fairy tale had no end in sight as he scored the winner against the mighty Arsenal in City's first top flight game. He was watched by Don Revie who was rumoured to be about to call up Cheeseley to the full England squad. However, just 3 days later the bottom fell out of Cheeseley's world as he broke his leg in Bristol City's very next match, a midweek fixture against Stoke City. Paul never played competitive football again, and he now runs a pub in Bristol. Cheeseley's wage at the time of his injury was 160 quid a week. In amongst the Henrys Bergkamps and Bradys, it's worth sparing a thought for the Cheeseleys of football.

My first Fave player:
Chippy

My first bitter disapointment:
I was too young to be disappointed in 1969, but I've still not recovered from 1980. Surely the worst year in any gooner's life (well, the ones who were alive at the time). We lost the FA Cup final to West Ham from a goal scored off Trevor Brooking's shoulder. Four days later we lost on penalties to Valencia in the cup winner's cup final. Shortly after that, Juventus stole Liam Brady, and due to a bizarre international transfer rule at the time, we were paid an absolute pittance.

My first meeting with an Arsenal Player:
Sammy Nelson.

My first away game:
Ironically enough, Bristol City in 1976

'My' first trophy:
The league title as part of the double in 71. Talking of doubles, here's an interesting piece of trivia for you: what did Arsenal do in the 2001/02 season that had never been done before and - according to the FA - will never be done again? Answer: do the double the 'wrong way around', i.e. win the FA Cup before winning the league. The FA have recently stated that the FA Cup will always be played after the last league match of the season.

The closest anyone else has come to that feat was Liverpool in 1989 who would have accomplished exactly the same thing but for a magical Michael Thomas moment.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
*Loyan* said:
OneteaminLondon said:
[

Int: McDonalds Restaurant (on the Strand, London)
Night, it's around 3.30am

We can see in a crowded, rowdy restaurant- restaurant ha!- a dark, good looking invidual, clearly inebriated standing with a couple of friends, one is ginger (also drunk), the other is slim and wears his hair slightly longer than the others (sober). The three seem to be observing the rest of the restaurant..

Luke (the slim one): Ummmmmm, nah I can't see anyone. Wait a minute!
OTIL (the dark, good looking one :wink: ) What?
Luke: Over there, look!
OTIL: Who?
Luke: Edu
OTIL: Edu? Yeah, that's not bad..
LUke: And next to him, that guy looks like Gilberto
OTIL: (laughs)
Luke: Paul, that is Edu and Gilberto
OTIL: No, no way!
Luke: Seriously, go over.
OTIL: Nah, it can't be.
Luke: I'm telling you it is!
OTIL: (to the ginger one, Kevin) Is it?
Kev: Yeah, I think so.
LUke: You should go over there man
OTIL: OK then

(walks over to where our two brazilian heroes are sat eating with a couple of friends)

OTIL: What the f'ck are you two doing in McDonalds at this time of night?
(Gilberto just looks down at his chips)
Edu: Well, we are normal people, no?
OTIL: (laughs) Yeah, fair point!
(Edu smiles)
OTIL: Well, listen, make sure you win the League this season, yeah?
Edu: We'll try.
OTIL: Ok, see ya

And that was it.
Was that it. Where is the bizarre bit.

Tell me what isn't bizarre about running into two of your brazilian midfielders at 4am in McDonalds... :lol:

jacc_7_1

My 1st live Match:
on TV. arsenal Vs liverpool 1989

My 1st Fave player:
Ian wright

My 1st bitter disapointment:
being thrashed 8-1 by man u and was mocked at by man u fans for the whole season

My 1st meeting with an Arsenal Player:
hmm...

My first away game:
err...

'My' first trophy:
89 div 1 champion

My first kit:
01-02 home jersey

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
OneteaminLondon said:
*Loyan* said:
OneteaminLondon said:
[

Int: McDonalds Restaurant (on the Strand, London)
Night, it's around 3.30am

We can see in a crowded, rowdy restaurant- restaurant ha!- a dark, good looking invidual, clearly inebriated standing with a couple of friends, one is ginger (also drunk), the other is slim and wears his hair slightly longer than the others (sober). The three seem to be observing the rest of the restaurant..

Luke (the slim one): Ummmmmm, nah I can't see anyone. Wait a minute!
OTIL (the dark, good looking one :wink: ) What?
Luke: Over there, look!
OTIL: Who?
Luke: Edu
OTIL: Edu? Yeah, that's not bad..
LUke: And next to him, that guy looks like Gilberto
OTIL: (laughs)
Luke: Paul, that is Edu and Gilberto
OTIL: No, no way!
Luke: Seriously, go over.
OTIL: Nah, it can't be.
Luke: I'm telling you it is!
OTIL: (to the ginger one, Kevin) Is it?
Kev: Yeah, I think so.
LUke: You should go over there man
OTIL: OK then

(walks over to where our two brazilian heroes are sat eating with a couple of friends)

OTIL: What the f'ck are you two doing in McDonalds at this time of night?
(Gilberto just looks down at his chips)
Edu: Well, we are normal people, no?
OTIL: (laughs) Yeah, fair point!
(Edu smiles)
OTIL: Well, listen, make sure you win the League this season, yeah?
Edu: We'll try.
OTIL: Ok, see ya

And that was it.
Was that it. Where is the bizarre bit.

Tell me what isn't bizarre about running into two of your brazilian midfielders at 4am in McDonalds... :lol:
Fair enough.

r_blair2

My 1st live Match:
Liverpool in ....erm When Macca scored a lob over seaman and it ended 1-0

My 1st Fave player:
Ian Wright

My 1st bitter disapointment:
Losing to galatasaray in the cup

My 1st meeting with an Arsenal Player:
Freddie Ljungberg. When I went to hospitality. He was the first I met then walked in Start Taylor, Ash Cole, Thierry, Paddy, Pires, Wiltord, Keown, Upson :D

My first away game:
Dunfermline in a pre-season friendly.....3-0

'My' first trophy:
the double in 98

Top Bottom