• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Best and Worst - Arsenal Season 12-13

Uncle Mike

Established Member
Best Arsenal Goal: For style, Podolski vs. Wigan; for substance, Koscielny vs. Newcastle
Best Arsenal Performance/Win: Bayern Munich Away
Best Arsenal Moment: Beating The **** out for the CL again
Best Defender: Koscielny
Best Midfielder: Santi Caz
Best Forward: Theo
Best Partenership Axis: Mertescielny (I know I said Kos was better, but it sounds better this way than "Koscielnesacker")
Best New Song: "Giroud! Giroud! Giroud is on fire!"

Worst Goal Conceded: The Bale goal at The Lane
Worst Performance/Defeat: The **** at The Lane, of course
Worst Player: Gervinho (You were expecting me to say Diaby?)
Worst New Song: "Nacho, Nacho man!" (Good player, but disco sucks.)

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Uncle Mike said:
Best Arsenal Goal: For style, Podolski vs. Wigan; for substance, Koscielny vs. Newcastle
Best Arsenal Performance/Win: Bayern Munich Away
Best Arsenal Moment: Beating The **** out for the CL again
Best Midfielder: Santi Caz
Best Forward: Theo
Best Partenership Axis: Mertescielny (I know I said Kos was better, but it sounds better this way than "Koscielnesacker")
Best New Song: "Giroud! Giroud! Giroud is on fire!"

Worst Goal Conceded: The Bale goal at The Lane
Worst Performance/Defeat: The **** at The Lane, of course
Worst Player: Gervinho (You were expecting me to say Diaby?)
Worst New Song: "Nacho, Nacho man!" (Good player, but disco sucks.)
Can't say I've heard that one, home or away. :lol:

Buhry

Established Member

Thomas Vermalene made it into whoscored.com's most inefficient 11 of the year... Not his finest season lol.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Graphics/451/Show/Premier-League-2012-13-Most-Ineffective-XI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Graphics/451/S ... fective-XI</a>

''Thomas Vermaelen made more errors leading to chances than any other outfielder'' - And he only played half the season.

yuvken

Established Member
Best goal: I'll watch them later, they are all mixed in my head. Pod's volley from Giroud's assist (can't remember against who it was) is the first off the top of my head.
Best moments: Jack's return; Theo finally signing; Bayern away; 5:2; yesterday; Theo scoring vs Utd (I went mad; I was there); several moments of Caz on the ball (the keepy up Art-Jack-Caz :) ). And yesterday final whistle.
Best player: Caz strictly the best player, but Kos is the hero.

Worst:
Player: Santos by a country mile.
moment: Bradford, probably. It was humiliating. And the lane.
Worst miss: Gerv bradford.

MaestroCesc

How are people not putting best performance as City away every time? That was easily our best performance. Liverpool, had a new manager and had a pretty slow start and Munich away we didnt even play that well and we were against a team who didnt turn up, we didnt even play that well?

TheCourier

MaestroCesc said:
How are people not putting best performance as City away every time? That was easily our best performance. Liverpool, had a new manager and had a pretty slow start and Munich away we didnt even play that well and we were against a team who didnt turn up, we didnt even play that well?

Oh go eat a spud :twisted:

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Best Arsenal Goal: Podolski vs Montpellier
Best Arsenal Performance/Win: 2-0 vs Bayern away
Best Arsenal Moment: FT at Newcastle
Best Defender: Laurent Koscielny
Best MF: Santi Cazorla
Best FW: Theo Walcott
Best Partenership Axis: Mertesacker and Koscielny

Worst Goal Conceeded: Jordan Henderson vs Liverpool
Worst Performance/Defeat: Bradford loss
Worst Player: Gervinho

Pea-Tear-Griffin

Best Arsenal Goal: Cazorla vs West Ham
Best Arsenal Performance/Win: Man City away
Best Arsenal Moment: Last day of the season vs Newcastle
Best Defender: Koscielny by a distance then Gibbs
Best MF: Cazorla
Best FW: Walcott
Best Partenership Axis: Arteta-Ramsey-Cazorla

Worst Goal Conceeded: RVP away
Worst Performance/Defeat: Bradford
Worst Player: Vermaelen/Sagna-Equally bad performances.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Best Arsenal Goal: Rocket Pod v West Ham

Best Arsenal Performance/Win: Liverpool at Anfield by a distance. I thought I saw enough in that game to give me hope of a title....

Best Arsenal Moment: The final whistle on the last day (great call KingMalta) The relief was an amazing feeling.

Best Defender: Easily Kos. He reached peaks that I haven't seen since Sol, Keown, Adams etc.

Best MF: Caz. No brainer.

Best FW: Theo

Best Partenership Axis: Ramsey and Arteta gave us the stability that saved us.

Worst Goal Conceeded: Lennon at WHL to go 2-0, on many levels.

Worst Performance/Defeat: Bradford

Worst Player: Santos.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
MaestroCesc said:

Because that was a game we absolutely controlled from start to finish, and I could count those games on 3 fingers. Doesnt matter how sh!t Liverpool turned out to be, or the fact that they had a new manager IMO - they could just as easily been inspired by the change, but we man handled them.

We were very good at City too. Agree about the Munich game - we weren't that good in all honesty. If we were, we'd have knocked them the **** out.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The Jury said:
Best Arsenal Moment: The final whistle on the last day (great call KingMalta) The relief was an amazing feeling.
I think you'll find I called it first thank you very much. :x

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Best Arsenal Goal: Giroud vs. Brighton. Balance, technique, accuracy. Bang.
Best Arsenal Performance/Win: Bayern away. Not so much performance, but to beat the best team in Europe relatively comfortably is very impressive.
Best Arsenal Moment: The celebration of the equaliser against City away. Passion and togetherness, brilliant.
Best Defender: Laurent Koscielny.
Best Midfielder: Santiago Cazorla.
Best Forward: Theo Walcott.
Best Partnership Axis: Poldi-Theo-Ox, interchanging positions, pace, power, devastation. Want to see more of it.

Worst Goal Conceded: Colin Kazim-Richards at home against Blackburn. Simply pathetic.
Worst Performance/Defeat: Norwich away. Absolutely awful, no urgency, no desire, no nothing. Awful match.
Worst Player: Gervinho. Cost us two cup competitions, generally stealing a living here.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Best Arsenal Goal: Podolski vs West Ham.
Best Arsenal Performance/Win: Away at Reading was the best we played I think, until we switched off and conceded twice. Have to go with Bayern away, because they rarely concede or lose at home and it was the start of our end run.
Best Arsenal Moment: Final whistle against Newcastle.

Best Midfielder: Santi Cazorla
Best Forward: Walcott
Best Partnership Axis: Ramsey and Arteta. They gave us the balance we so desperately needed.
Special Mention: Wilshere. Against Swansea he was absolutely brilliant, world-class performance. Against Sunderland (I think it was) the entire game changed when Jack had to go off. Says a lot about his quality. Would be a bit harsh to call his season a write off. He was unlucky that we couldn't get the balance in the team right at the time.

Worst Goal Conceded: First goal at SHL.
Worst Performance/Defeat: Bradford away.
Worst Player: Santos, closely followed by Vermaelen.

MaestroCesc

The Jury said:
MaestroCesc said:

Because that was a game we absolutely controlled from start to finish, and I could count those games on 3 fingers. Doesnt matter how sh!t Liverpool turned out to be, or the fact that they had a new manager IMO - they could just as easily been inspired by the change, but we man handled them.

We were very good at City too. Agree about the Munich game - we weren't that good in all honesty. If we were, we'd have knocked them the **** out.
Disagree it does matter, they were pretty shocking at the start of the season. We were only truly in control when 2nd went in, we had some pretty nervy moments.

yuvken

Established Member
Almost 100% of the people (redndread only exception, I think) go:
Best MF: Santi
Best FW: Theo.

But they play (for ages now) the same role on different sides :lol:

Yeah, I know - I never accepted it myself, and I think it shouldn't be so. But that's how it is - even when Art left yesterday, and Ox came on, the obvious - Ox on the left, Theo right, Ramsey-Rosicky behind Caz at AM - never happened. It was Ox deepest (!), Rozza stayed (presumably) at AM, and Caz on the left. And it actually worked (at least the Ox bit did).

GG8

The ox was everywhere yesterday when he came on, bursting through the middle, down the lines, tracking back making tackles and enforcing the middle. Great cperformance and did a job when called upon when it mattered most.

yuvken

Established Member
But he was clearly instructed to be the deepest man, and to play a calculated and mature game - which he did brilliantly.
Main reason I didn't think this was what we should have done when he came on is that I didn't think he had it in him- such maturity, calmness and avoiding risks and reckless play in such a crucial game. AW - great call.

ArsenalCRO

Best Arsenal Goal: Poldi against Montepllier
Best Arsenal Performance/Win: Man City away
Best Arsenal Moment: Scoring 4 in less then 10 mins against West ham, that was awesome, felt we could have scored 4-5 more if it wasn't for that injury
Best Defender: Kos the Boss
Best MF: Cazorla
Best Partenership Axis: Kos and Mert

Worst Goal Conceeded: Norwich away was terrible to take
Worst Performance/Defeat: United away, we did **** 0 there, scored when it didnt matter anymore
Worst Player: Gervinho or Vermalenen considering what was expected of him

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Glad to see my boys Kos and Theo getting the love they deserve 8))

Thought Merte and Kos have formed a brick wall of late, second best defence in the league doesn't lie. Perhaps the Bould effect has been kicking in too, nice to see so many scrappy 1-0s! Now just mix in a few more 5-0 whoopings and we're well on our way :)

Vela

Established Member
Best Arsenal Goal: Santi's goal against Sp**s.
Best Arsenal Performance/Win: Bayern away.
Best Arsenal Moment: Sp**s game at the Emirates or Reading in the cup.
Best Defender: Kos.
Best MF: Santi
Best Partenership Axis: Ramsey and Arteta in midfield.

Worst Goal Conceeded: RVP away.
Worst Performance/Defeat: Man Utd away.
Worst Player: Verm.

Top Bottom