• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Best and Worst - Arsenal Season 12-13

WengerFaithful

I didn't do it for my pick at the start but since Cazzie is not going to get outed for Best Midfielder and the points well made about Metzs being shaky in patches esp without Kos and with Kos only getting a starting place after a couple of months; and personnally I dont think any of the LB/RB deserve the honour maybe thinking outside the box would be a shout for best Defender should be Arteta since his primary role was to protect the back four and break attacks up early which he did solidly all season and took on the Arm Band with great distinction.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
In the argument re best defender, I think that the simple facts show that in Arsène's opinion, it was Per. The Koz/TV5 partnerhsip was short lived and Per featured in the two best defensive periods of the team, at the start with TV5 and at the end with Koz. He was the ever present throughout. Koz was our most exciting but I think the fact that TV5/Koz never really featured prominently points to the fact that Per was the glue that held it all together at the back.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Best Arsenal Goal: How anyone can not pick anything other than the Chamakh goal from outside the area after a cheeky bit of skill at Reading is beyond me. Straight up the funniest moment of the season.
Best Arsenal Performance/Win: The home win versus Sp**s or Newcastle away purely in terms of what it meant and how hard it had been to get to that stage.
Best Arsenal Moment: Chamakh scoring two goals at Reading. When Chamakh scores two goals you know you're having a funny night.
Best Defender: It's hard to argue against big Mert, but in terms of who would I not want to lose it has to be Koscielny for me. It's been a long time since i've seen such a brave defensive performance from an Arsenal player such as his at Newcastle's (though saying that Sagna was equally brilliant against Sunderland in a unfamiliar role). I still remain unconvinced with Mertesacker but he performed admirably in the end of season run.
Best Midfielder: Cazorla. Is a class performer who I don't think we will see the best of until we put some real quality around him. I also think Mr Wilshere is being criminally under rated on here - unfortunately injuries are ruining him.
Best Forward: In probably the most uneasy on the eye (in terms of football before anyone brings up Giroud's and Walcott's boy band looks) forward line of Wenger's Arsenal career Walcott was the best overall performer. Still not happy with his whole contract saga as I really don't think it helped us having added uncertainty in an extremely unstable time for the club. But over 20 goals from him is a good return, had a bit of a horrible baron period in the middle of the season but came up with a few more important goals at the end.

Worst Goal Conceeded: Lennnon's goal at White Hart Lane, being so close too and a carbon copy of the same ****ing mistake for the first goal, in a game of that importance had me seething. Seeing their fans behind the goal going mental was a truly horrible ****ing moment.
Worst Performance/Defeat: That'll be the game mentioned directly above. If you're going to lose the NLD don't do it by giving them a two goal head start.
Worst Defender: Vermaelen - but I haven't lost faith in him. Just needs to sort himself out and come back fresh next year. There's a good player in there. If we're talking about worst defender at the club who doesn't actually play then Squillaci wins this hands down, we've had a fair few defenders in recent times that make me crap my pants before the game even starts just by seeing their name and this guy is right up there with the best of them.
Worst Midfielder: Denilson. He gets this even when he's not here. The lazy crap dance sideways passing little sod.
Worst Forward: Gervinho - This man has so much to work on, both on the football pitch and in the barbers.
Best Arsenal Player: I think the little Spaniard pips this, but in terms of my favourite player - that'll be our Jack.
Worst Arsenal Player: Santos. I actually think there's a good footballer in there somewhere - but that's somewhat restricted through being a little bit of a mental and stopping after every match at a kebab shop down the Holloway Road and ordering everything from the laminated menu. As soon as Denilson steps on the tarmac at Heathrow off a plane from Sao Paolo he automatically gets this reward back from Santos.

k24bfan

Per/Kos in the defensive has been a good surprise. Jack not being healthy was the worst for me.

Top Bottom