• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Best And Worst Moment As An Arsenal Fan

A

Anonymous

Top 5 =

1. anfield 1989
2. OT 2002
3. ****e hart lane 2004
4. 1993 semi vs Sp**s - revenge
5. unbeaten 2003/04

worst 5 =

1. west ham, mid 80's - RIP JD
2. Sp**s 1991
3. 1977/78 FA cup final defeat to Ipswich
4. Nayim
5. liverpool 2001

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
best : ashley cole's header against spartak moscow. (did i get the team right?)

worst : i dont plan to remind myself of this but it was the 1-6 lost to the scums...

U mean the one against kiev in the 90th minute ?

Top 5 =

1. anfield 1989
2. OT 2002
3. s***e hart lane 2004
4. 1993 semi vs Sp**s - revenge
5. unbeaten 2003/04

worst 5 =

1. west ham, mid 80's - RIP JD
2. Sp**s 1991
3. 1977/78 FA cup final defeat to Ipswich
4. Nayim
5. liverpool 2001

wow im surprised sum of u guys hav been fans for a VERY long time !! I wasnt even born in 1977 !!

question ! after watching the games every single weekend for more than 20 years - do you still get the same enjoyment from watching them as u used to 30+ years ago ?

calvinngai88

best - 1. Wright being signed
2. Wright broke goalscoring record
4. Wenger hired
5. Ljungberg debut, scored against ManU
6. 97/98 double, debut season for Wenger
7. Henry, Pires, Cole for left flank combination attack
8. Winning FA Cup for 2 seasons in a row, 2002 and 2003
9. 01/02 double
10. Sol Campbell on Bosman (one of the greatest and cheapest signings I reckon)

worst - 1. George Graham left Arsenal
2. Lost the FA Cup final, Bergie missing penalty, Giggs scored solo goal
3. UEFA Cup 2000 final penalty shootout, lost to Galatasaray's keeper Taffarel
4. 6-1 loss in Old Trafford, disappointed Adams couldn't play, Stepanovs was **** that day
5. Leading 1-0 by Ljungberg in FA Cup final, then Owen scored a brace
6. Petit and Overmars left for Barca
7. Anelka left for Madrid, everyone's thinking who will replace him, and there came Davor Sukur before Henry and Pires arrive
8. Lost 1-0 in FA Cup semis to ManU this season
9. Lost 2-1 in CL quarters to Chelsea with Bridge last gasp strike
10. Lost the league to ManU after leading for most of the season, 02/03
11. Lost to Juventus 'B' team with Henry missing penalty against Carini
12. Losing the CL quarters to Valencia with Carew's header, losing on away goals rule
13. Vieira persistenly being linked with a move away from Arsenal

Aussie

Established Member
That amount of swear words that left my mouth the moment after the Giggs goal was amazing.

thegreatbriton

Best : Wrighty getting BAstins record, Us winning the double in 98 when Adams scored the clincher.

Worst : Podgy F*cker NAyim

Henry IV

Best: Winning the League (and the Double) at Old Trafford

Winning the League at White Hart Lane in 2004 ("We've got our trophy back")

Worst: The Champions League exit against Chelsea was crushing and I was so cut up about it.

Bergkamp missing the penalty in the 1999 FA Cup semi final. We were so close to derailing the Manc treble and retaining the Double.

Losing the title in 2003 after leading the Premiership for most of the season. :(

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Aussie said:
That amount of swear words that left my mouth the moment after the Giggs goal was amazing.

:lol: I was in Bilbao for that game and spent ages finding a bar to watch it in, couldn't find one so I gave up got shedded and forgot about the football. Woke up the next morning with a very sore head, flicked on the world service to hear Alan Green say something like "A marvellous game that Arsenal could and should have..." At the point I groaned, flicked the radio off and lapsed back into my alcoholic coma..

koivu

A few best moments:

• Winning the league at Old Trafford
    A very convincing 4-1 win at Leeds, early 2002-03 season
    The Italian Job
    Visiting Highbury for the tour, Jan 2004
    My first EPL match at Highbury, 2-0 over Southampton, Feb 2004
    Winning the league at WHL, finishing off undefeated, May 2004

A few worst moments:

• UEFA Cup Final loss...Suker!
    6-1 drubbing from the Mancs
    Losing the league in 2003
    Losing to Chelski in CL quarters

Alexone234

Winning 1-0 at Old Trafford to lift the EPL,
Losing against Chelsea at Highbury to be dumped from the CL.

Best Moments:

1. Ljungberg's wonder goal vs. Chelsea, FA Cup final 2002... the only moment I actually cried during a football match :lol:

2. Winning the Premiership at Old Trafford and laugh at all ManUre fans the weeks after... same goes for WHL 2004.

3. Dennis Bergkamp's signing for the club, which fulfilled my dream at that time (I've been his fan ever since Euro 92')

4. FA Cup victory in 1993 against Sheff Wed.

5. Each game I've been at Highbury in my life (or at the Valley, 3:0 against Charlton, 2002. too bad I had to seat with Addicks fans... :lol: )

Worst moments: Nayim, Keown's own goal at Bolton, FA Cup final 2001 against Liverpool, Igors Stepanovs.

Gurgen

Established Member
Best: OT 2002.

Worst:
1. Giggs in FA Cup Semi '99 (still can't get that hairy chest image out of my mind)
2. Losing to Chelsea last season in the CL. I couldn't watch the game anymore after that 2nd goal.

Spike

Established Member
Best: Picking up the Cup on the last day, San Siro.

Worst: Missing out on a treble and double this season, and it all happened in 3 days :(

Biggus

Established Member
Best.... 3-2 V MauU in the last minute of the FA cup final in 79
or 1-0 to the Arsenal V Parma CWC final in 94

Worst 1-6 V ManU EPL
or 1-2 V Chelsea CL

Eastrek

Best 5:
1. 5v1 against Inter Milan
2. 5v1 against Deportivo, first class football that day
3. Tony Adams goal against Everton 1998
4. Schwarz strike against Sampdoria, just as we thought it was over!
5. Beating Parma in 1994, against all odds

Worst 5:
1. Paul Merson bursting into tears during that press conference when he confessed to drugs and gambling, every arsenal fan felt for him, and were left concered about how we would cope without the merse
2. Nayim - nuff said!
3. Manchester United semi final '99
4. Wayne Bridge's goal to end our champions league hopes last season
5. Knocked out the FA Cup at home to lowly Milwall in the mid 90's

My fav moment as an Arsenal fan was winning the league in 1998 against Everton 4-0. I was at that game and when Tony Adams' second goal went in it was absolutely amazing. Even now when I watch it on tape and hear Martin Tyler say, "It's Tony Adams put through by Steve Bould, would you believe it?" I get goosepimpels.

Worst moment was last season in the Champions League against Chelsea when that Wayne Bridge goal went in in the 87th minute.

Asterix

Established Member
Imagine being six and a half and getting woken up at midnight to sit up with your Dad to watch Arsenal, who you've never seen before but with whom you fall in love with because your Dad supports them, play Ipswich in the FA Cup Final. No-one has heard of Ipswich and Arsenal have Malcolm MacDonald. Imagine then when Russell Osman (I think) scores the only goal of the game, Arsenal lose to the rank outsiders and you have to go back to bed in tears.

Now imagine the scene twelve months on. You have only seen glimpses of Arsenal on Match of the Day a week behind in Australia. This time Arsenal are cruising at 2-0 up with five minutes to go. Then Gordon MacQueen scores. Then Sammy McIllroy. You are in tears again. "They're not going to lose again are they Dad?" you plead in your seven year old voice.

Then Brady breaks for Arsenal, passes to Rice or Proce or someone, the cross goes over, Walsh flaps and misses and Alan Sunderland, with hair like an old fuzzy football, sticks out his leg and Arsenal have done it at last!

Throw in Micky Thomas, Andy Linighan, Smudger, and Wiltord at OT and you have the best. Oh, and Tyler's commentary for Adam's goal against Everton was a classic too.

Let's not think too much about Luton and the League Cup (or most of the 1980's really - it was mostly crap), Giggs (bastard) or Bergies penalty, Nayim (that one really hurt) or even Henchoz's handball in Cardiff that I still maintain cost us the chance of winning three FA Cups in a row. :evil:

Top Bottom