• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Best And Worst Moment As An Arsenal Fan

A

Anonymous

wow im surprised sum of u guys hav been fans for a VERY long time !! I wasnt even born in 1977 !!

question ! after watching the games every single weekend for more than 20 years - do you still get the same enjoyment from watching them as u used to 30+ years ago ?
Yeh mate, i have been following arsenal home and away for 28 years now but i will always have the same enjoyment as i used to. Maybe being a 'fan' isnt as good as it used to be, you couldnt beat standing on the terraces for atmosphere, and maybe now our support is really poor, but i still love watching arsenal and will continue to do until i die.

Imagine being six and a half and getting woken up at midnight to sit up with your Dad to watch Arsenal, who you've never seen before but with whom you fall in love with because your Dad supports them, play Ipswich in the FA Cup Final. No-one has heard of Ipswich and Arsenal have Malcolm MacDonald. Imagine then when Russell Osman (I think) scores the only goal of the game, Arsenal lose to the rank outsiders and you have to go back to bed in tears.

Now imagine the scene twelve months on. You have only seen glimpses of Arsenal on Match of the Day a week behind in Australia. This time Arsenal are cruising at 2-0 up with five minutes to go. Then Gordon MacQueen scores. Then Sammy McIllroy. You are in tears again. "They're not going to lose again are they Dad?" you plead in your seven year old voice.
Bad and great days. After the whistle went against Ipswich i sort of froze, i just kept thinking there must be more time, we cant loose to a crap team, its not fair :roll: - i was only 12 at the time. A year later was one of the best moments in my life, i forgot to put it in my top 5 i think, but it should be there as 2nd (behind michael thomas goal 89).
Standing on the terrace at wembley, barely able to see the pitch because i was still too small. When they equalised it was devistating, my uncle who was next to me fell to his knees and sat on the concrete crying, he ended up missing sunderlands goal :lol: Thankfully as the ball was played across the guys in front of me ran a few steps forward so left a gap for me to see just as sunderland knocked it in. Brilliant, the most exciting FA cup final ever and we had been the winners, that is great because we can watch the excitement over and over again with out being depressed. Also the most amazing thing ever in sport - 1989 finale - we also came out victorious so we are also fortunate that another great moment we can enjoy.
Ohh to be a gooner

EIE

Asterix

Established Member
Those moments when you are young stay with you the most I reckon. I remember ringing my mate, who was a Sp**s fan, in 87 after Coventry had beaten them in the FA Cup final. It was about 2am when I rang him and his Dad, also Sp**s, simply picked up the phone, said "piss off Spinksy" and hung up. One of my better moments :lol:

Top Bottom