Your Best And Worst Moment As An Arsenal Fan

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Jose_Reyes_2005, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeh mate, i have been following arsenal home and away for 28 years now but i will always have the same enjoyment as i used to. Maybe being a 'fan' isnt as good as it used to be, you couldnt beat standing on the terraces for atmosphere, and maybe now our support is really poor, but i still love watching arsenal and will continue to do until i die.

Bad and great days. After the whistle went against Ipswich i sort of froze, i just kept thinking there must be more time, we cant loose to a crap team, its not fair :roll: - i was only 12 at the time. A year later was one of the best moments in my life, i forgot to put it in my top 5 i think, but it should be there as 2nd (behind michael thomas goal 89).
    Standing on the terrace at wembley, barely able to see the pitch because i was still too small. When they equalised it was devistating, my uncle who was next to me fell to his knees and sat on the concrete crying, he ended up missing sunderlands goal :lol: Thankfully as the ball was played across the guys in front of me ran a few steps forward so left a gap for me to see just as sunderland knocked it in. Brilliant, the most exciting FA cup final ever and we had been the winners, that is great because we can watch the excitement over and over again with out being depressed. Also the most amazing thing ever in sport - 1989 finale - we also came out victorious so we are also fortunate that another great moment we can enjoy.
    Ohh to be a gooner

EIE

2. Asterix

Asterix New Member Elite

Those moments when you are young stay with you the most I reckon. I remember ringing my mate, who was a Sp**s fan, in 87 after Coventry had beaten them in the FA Cup final. It was about 2am when I rang him and his Dad, also Sp**s, simply picked up the phone, said "piss off Spinksy" and hung up. One of my better moments :lol: