• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Best XI?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Almunia
Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Clichy
Fabregas - Song - Ramsey
Walcott - Chamakh - Arshavin

You could put van Persie, Wilshere and Nasri in there without losing an inch though.

Meatwad

from Chamakh's FIFA interview:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1302185.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubf ... 02185.html</a>
Which player has surprised you the most since you arrived at Arsenal?
I’d have to say Abou Diaby. We all know about the quality of [Cesc] Fabregas and [Samir] Nasri but Abou has really surprised me. He’s pretty laid-back and reserved but on the pitch he doesn’t hold back at all. He’s got fantastic technique for a big guy and he can really get his foot around the ball. He’s an exceptional player.

that's why he's in my best XI

outlaw_member

Established Member
Just as I had suspected, the first 8 lineups were all different from one another. My lineup would be similar to Ricky's with possibly Ramsey in place of Wilshere. Although, Jack has shown plenty of promise in the position, Ramsey was even better once he settled down.

-Shaun-

I'd probably go with:

Almunia
Sagna/Koscielny/Vermaelen/Gibbs
Song
Fabregas(c)/Nasri
Walcott/RVP/Arshavin

Although it's a tough choice between Diaby and Nasri, as well as Chamakh. Could as well be:

Almunia
Sagna/Koscielny/Vermaelen/Gibbs
Song/Diaby
Fabregas(c)
Arshavin/Chamakh/RVP

Just a shame we never seem to have every player available to pick our best eleven.

qs

Established Member
------------------- Almunia

Sagna --- Vermaelen --- Squillaci --- Clichy

------------------- Song
---------- Fabregas ---- Nasri

---van Persie ---- Chamakh ---- Arshavin

ricky1985

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Just as I had suspected, the first 8 lineups were all different from one another. My lineup would be similar to Ricky's with possibly Ramsey in place of Wilshere. Although, Jack has shown plenty of promise in the position, Ramsey was even better once he settled down.
Ramsey would be in my team, too. It's just hard to include him in anything right now, we really don't know what to expect from him for a while yet.

And not necessarily in place of Wilshere either.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Nasri's an interesting one. Without thinking too much about it, I'd say our best team would include him. But he's like a jack of all trades, master of none....not totally his fault btw.

He definitely suits the style of football we play, his ball retention is pretty superb - give him the ball at any pace in any situation and he'll keep it without fuss. I want more though.

Bossa

Established Member
Nasri is great but he's like Hleb, barely any ending product.

Fabregas, Arshavin and Walcott(this season) are better option.

Captain

Established Member
Problem is that he doesn't commit players in the same way that Hleb did and he also doesn't move the ball quickly enough alot of the time.

mo50

Established Member
It's a tough one, but this would be my lineup.

Almunia

Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Clichy

Song Ramsey
Fabregas

Walcott Arshavin

van Persie

The back five was pretty straightforward. I wouldn't play Eboue nor Gibbs when everyone's fit.

The 3rd spot in midfield is quite a difficult choice but in terms of ability Ramsey is better than the other options.

If Walcott can consistently play the way he has this season, then the right forward role is simply his. I'm also surprised Arshavin is missing from some of the selections. He can produce something out of nothing, and that's imperative against the best.

I'd love to include Chamakh and It feels wrong not to, but I don't see both him and van Persie playing at the same time.

Gunner_JT

------------------Almunia-----------------

--Sagna----Koscielny--Vermaelen---Clichy--

-------------------Song--------------------------
--------------------------Diaby------------------
--------------------Cesc-------------------------

Walcott------------RVP-----------Arshavin-

If RVP isn't fit, a straight swap for Chamakh.

Bench.
Chesney
Eboue
Squillaci
Wilshere
Nasri
Rosicky
Chamakh/Bendtner

Other subs who will play an important part when the inevitable injuries affect us:

Bendtner, Vela, Denilson, Djourou, Gibbs, Ramsey.

GunnerPL

If I was picking players on current form and included injured players:

Code:
                            Almunia

Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Clichy

Song      Wilshere

Walcott     Fabregas     Arshavin

Chamakh

It was pretty tough picking between Koscielny / Squillaci and Wilshere / Diaby, and swapping either one for the other would not affect us in any way, in my opinion.

dreamLord

Established Member
The only confusing bits for me are the front 3 and the 3rd midfielder spot. It remains to be seen whether we can accommodate Chamakh, van Persie and Arshavin at the same time. The same goes for Rosicky(or Nasri, fine with either),Song,Fabregas in the same midfield

Almunia
Sagna---Kos---Vermaelen---Gibbs
-------Fabregas----Song---------
------------Rosicky------------
Chamakh-------RvP--------Arshavin

Zico

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
---------------Almunia
Sagna----Koscielny---Vermaelen---Clichy
-----------Song-----Diaby
---------------Fabregas
-----Walcott-------------Arshavin
---------------Chamakh

Sounds about right. How people can honestly think that Wenger has not, on paper, improved the team is beyond me.

Zico

Established Member
Captain said:
Problem is that he doesn't commit players in the same way that Hleb did and he also doesn't move the ball quickly enough alot of the time.

Well, he needs to figure out what he is good at because he risks turning into an Algerian Eboue. Walcott, Arshavin, Vela look perfect in the wide spots. Fabregas and Rosicky look great just behind the striker. Wilshere, Denilson, Diaby and Song look good in the rear two positions. So what does Nasri do better than the above?

Latest posts

Top Bottom