• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Best XI?

Biggus

Established Member
Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-the-simpsons-7414427-320-240.gif

Proof

Established Member
- Almunia -
- Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Clichy -
- Song - Fabregas - Diaby -
- Walcott - Van Persie - Arshavin -

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
qs said:
------------------- Almunia

Sagna --- Vermaelen --- Squillaci --- Clichy

------------------- Song
---------- Fabregas ---- Nasri

---van Persie ---- Chamakh ---- Arshavin

Absolutely.

Unsure about Squillaci/Koscielny. But agree with everything else, in there.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
----------------- Almunia

Sagna --- Vermaelen --- Squillaci --- Clichy

---------- Song ---- Diaby
---------------- Cesc

---van Persie ---- Chamakh ---- Arshavin

First off the bench - Theo.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
I'm with MAK 14 and Fabo. Denilson & van Persie over Diaby and Chamakh. Though both Chamakh and Diaby can have their uses.

TomasCR

Established Member
Code:
              Almunia

Sagna   Koscielny  Vermaelen  Clichy

Song

Fabregas         Diaby

Walcott          RvP         Arshavin

Code:
              Fabianski

Eboue    Djourou     Squillaci   Gibbs

Denilson

Rosicky         Wilshere

Bendtner        Chamakh          Nasri

Basically each player from the second team should and probably is able to get into the first one any day of the week. Another thing is that either Nasri or Rosicky will always play in the first team and I was thinking hard but still couldn't get one of them in there. That said, apart from one keeper and one defensive midfielder, we're done and should be able to win anything.

banduan

Established Member
Almunia
Sagna-Squill-Verm-Clichy
---------Song--
------Jack---Cesc--------
---RVP--------------Shava
----------Chamakh

Freakin tough choosing tween Theo and Shava but I'd never drop RVP.

I'm also convinced now that we're playing this odd formation 4-3-3 where Jack or Cesc interchange with Song or Chamakh depending on the situation. Kinda like an interchanging spine...

Replace Flappy with Wotsit Chesny and we've got a freaking mean bench:

Chesny
Eboue-Kosh-Djorou-Gibbs
Denilson
Rozza-Ramsey
Nasri---Theo
----Bendy--

That team should be played in the CC and FA Cup. They can actually win them!

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Surprised at how little love Diaby's getting, I still feel our midfield is too leightweight in away games without him and I'm sure we'll miss him a lot at Sunderland, I hope he's available for Chelsea away.

----------------Almunia----------------
Sagna--Koscielny--Vermaelen--Clichy
------------Song------Diaby------------
---------------Fabregas----------------
Walcott------------------------Arshavin
--------------Van Persie---------------

With Chamakh and Nasri coming in first when our crocks get injured. In fact I might as well put Chamakh as our first CF even if Van Persie is probably the better player when fully fit and on form. Really love the Moroccan to bits.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I think most people dislike Diaby and don't see his positive contributions. What more Jack just got a good game so everything gets a little knee jerk. Maybe their views will change after Diaby get back again.

Same with those putting RVP on the right. A little unrealistic given Wenger never ever played him there before.

TomasCR

Established Member
Putting Wilshere into the strongest line-up at the moment is nothing but bullshit. He has done nothing to earn the place yet. The hard games are still to come and I'd be surprised if Wilshere kept his place with the competition around. Not that I didn't like small hobbits, it's just that I don't really think he would be that ready just yet.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i find it amusing that so many are putting Diaby in their "Best XI" after the slating he's taken over the past 2 years..

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Yet many people similarly don't give him enough credit despite him winning quite a no. of games for us last season

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I find it funny that there are so many Walcott inclusions in this thread and I wonder if he had started the season differently would there still be so many?

Having said that I will also include him in mine as I think he is worth the risk to stray in the right direction from how Arsenal have started to play against the big teams.

------------Almunia

Sagna-Squilacci-Vermaelen-Clichy

--------------Song
----------Nasri
-----------------Fabregas
Walcott-------------------Nasri
--------------RVP

I included Squilacci over Koscielny purely because he is yet to make a mistake and Koscielny has made two leading to goals. It's really too early to tell which is better.

I considered Rosicky but I dont think he is tough enough for midfield nor direct enough for the wings for an all or nothing game.

arsmile

Established Member
DanDare said:
I find it funny that there are so many Walcott inclusions in this thread and I wonder if he had started the season differently would there still be so many?

Having said that I will also include him in mine as I think he is worth the risk to stray in the right direction from how Arsenal have started to play against the big teams.

------------Almunia

Sagna-Squilacci-Vermaelen-Clichy

--------------Song
----------Nasri
-----------------Fabregas
Walcott-------------------Nasri
--------------RVP

I included Squilacci over Koscielny purely because he is yet to make a mistake and Koscielny has made two leading to goals. It's really too early to tell which is better.

I considered Rosicky but I dont think he is tough enough for midfield nor direct enough for the wings for an all or nothing game.

fan of nasri are you!?

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Mine would be.

Fabianski
Sagna
Squilacci
Vermaelen
Clichy
Song
Fabregas
Rosicky
Van Persie
Chamakh
Arshavin

Captain

Established Member
Sagna, Theo, Cesc, Arshavin and Almunia must start. The other spots I'm not bothered about as the options are much of the same.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
arsmile said:
fan of nasri are you!?

Well I think his ball retention is second only to Fabregas. He definitely has more to his game than we have seen consistently so far. I wish he would shoot more and be a bit more direct like we know he can be (Porto goal, goal against United, goal against I think it was Birmingham when he came on as a sub).

I think for the middle it's a coice of him, Diaby, Rosicky or Denilson (Wilshere is not ready).

Diaby, potentially the best of them and on his day he would be in the midfield 3 for me but there's no way to predict when his day is. They seem to come more frequently now but still way too infrequent to rely on him.

Denilson is ok I guess in that he has a good short passing game and allows others to do their jobs better, I know we concede fewer when he plays but I think we score fewer as well. I just think against stronger opponents he tends to get bullied a bit.

Rosicky, suffers from the same issues as Nasri in terms of directness and shooting but his ball retention isn't as good and he's a it lightweight for me.

outlaw_member

Established Member
USArsenal said:
i find it amusing that so many are putting Diaby in their "Best XI" after the slating he's taken over the past 2 years..

Diaby is a funny one for me. Whilst, I think he offers qualities that aren't prevalent in any of our other midfielders, his passing and decision making has to improve. If it does, then I'd most likely prefer him above everyone else, but I'm getting tired of him constantly misplacing easy passes, although, he has improved considerably in that regard.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
USArsenal said:

I never slated him, always knew what he's capable of when at his best.
His problems are his lack of consistency and his injuries, though.

People name their best XI down to the fact that everyone is at his best, that's why I've chosen him.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom