• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Best XI?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
redwhiteAustrian said:
USArsenal said:
i find it amusing that so many are putting Diaby in their "Best XI" after the slating he's taken over the past 2 years..

I never slated him, always knew what he's capable of when at his best.
His problems are his lack of consistency and his injuries, though.

People name their best XI down to the fact that everyone is at his best, that's why I've chosen him.
i didnt say you did.. my statement was a very general statement

Rorz

Established Member
USArsenal said:
i find it amusing that so many are putting Diaby in their "Best XI" after the slating he's taken over the past 2 years..
Outlaw said if everyone was fit and on form; after what Diaby showed us what he can do last year when he's playing well I'd always have him in the team if he was in form.

arsmile

Established Member
DanDare said:
arsmile said:
fan of nasri are you!?

Well I think his ball retention is second only to Fabregas. He definitely has more to his game than we have seen consistently so far. I wish he would shoot more and be a bit more direct like we know he can be (Porto goal, goal against United, goal against I think it was Birmingham when he came on as a sub).

I think for the middle it's a coice of him, Diaby, Rosicky or Denilson (Wilshere is not ready).

Diaby, potentially the best of them and on his day he would be in the midfield 3 for me but there's no way to predict when his day is. They seem to come more frequently now but still way too infrequent to rely on him.

Denilson is ok I guess in that he has a good short passing game and allows others to do their jobs better, I know we concede fewer when he plays but I think we score fewer as well. I just think against stronger opponents he tends to get bullied a bit.

Rosicky, suffers from the same issues as Nasri in terms of directness and shooting but his ball retention isn't as good and he's a it lightweight for me.

i mean- you've included him twice in your 11.

re: form picks. walcott wouldnt have been anywhere near my first 11 before his start of the season- and diaby would have been out of my 18 until the last 9 months or so. but they have both played themselves into contention with form; much improved.

The Sleeper

GK: Chesny.
DR: Sagna.
DL: Clichy.
DC: Squillacci.
DC: Vermaelen.
DM: Song.
MC: Fabregas.
MC: Rosicky.
FR: Walcott.
FC: Chamakh.
FL: Arshavin.

Two subs to use most often: RvP, Nasri.

Burnwinter

Established Member
Like yours, qs. Samir is the forgotten man after a sharp-looking preseason.

It's actually damn hard to do this for once. We have a notably even, and strong squad at the moment.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
the only "dead certs" are Al (because we have no one else), Sagna, Clichy, TV and Cesc.. the rest are debatable..

bazza_afc

Remember when Mourinho came out and named 9 or 10 players 'untouchable' (I think) in regards to his first 11. He infamously left Shevchenko out.

I'd say our untouchables at the moment are: Sagna, Vermaelen, Song, Cesc & Arshavin.

Meatwad

USArsenal said:
well i've never slated him. he's been one of my favorite players since he first started playing for us.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Rosicky is a much better decision in the Cesc role then Nasri is. Rosicky,s ball rotation is much higher and better he doenst slow attacks up

brady_style

GK ( Choose one it doesn't really matter, none of them are up

Sagna

TV

Squillaci

Gibbs

Song

Rosicky

Cesc

Walcott

Chamakh

Arshavin

asajoseph

Established Member
For me:

Almunia
Sagna
Koscielny
Vermaelen
Clichy
Song
Cesc
Diaby
Walcott
Van Persie
Arshavin

Subs:

That Polish bloke that's not Fabianski
Squillaci
Eboue
Nasri
Rosicky
Ramsey
Chamakh

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Me

Almunia

Sagna
TV5
KOS
Clichy

Song
Cesc
Nasri

Walcott
RVP
Arsha

Subs

Mannone
Squllaci
Eboue
Rozza
Ramsey
Vela
Chamakh

number_0

Established Member
The regular back 5 with Kos.
Song, fabregas, van persie, arshavin.
The other positions are up for grabs.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
HollandGooner said:
Rosicky is a much better decision in the Cesc role then Nasri is. Rosicky,s ball rotation is much higher and better he doenst slow attacks up

Totally disagree. Nasri never loses the ball whilst dribbling in the centre. Rosicky very much slows up attacks. I remember at the end of last season all Rosicky would do would be the guy who did the one too many side passes instead of shoot or be direct.

GunneDown

Nasri is a lot better player in the fab role than Rosicky. we saw that in the second half vs sunderland

Gunner_JT

Rosicky was out on the left and Nasri on the right though, after Song was sent off of course.

Rosicky's distribution is better and decision making is also a little bit better. Although they did link up quite well in the final third at times against Sunderland.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Denilson over Diaby for that spot next to Cesc and Song, Nasri over Walcott for the RW, rest of the team picks itself - this includes RvP over Chamakh, for me anyway.

Gonner_88

Established Member
Almunia
Sagna
Koscielny
Vermaelen
Clichy
Song
Nasri
Fabregas
Walcott
Van Persie