• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your conclusion of the signings made

Wenger14

Established Member
Excited, 3 signings with immense potential. Wenger himself has labelled them the new Kanu, Vieira and Henry. What more could we ask for? Weak points in the squad have been addressed although it wouldn't hurt to see some experience added in during the summer. Central Defense in particualr IMO.

Excited more than happy, these are players with potential and it'll be interesting to see how they develop and how soon it happens.

Couldn't have asked for much more really.

longrufus

Established Member
Really excited about the new signings, i think each one has improved the team vastly.

Diaby looks like he will make a big impact to our midfield, and i think could have the biggest impact over the next 12months.

Adebayor could have a bigger impact than most people think. His aerial ability will change the way teams defend against us, which will open games up. And i can see him scoring a lot of crucial goals in tight games.

Walcott, what more can be said about the guy, is going to be a legend. The next henry

kel varnsen

Established Member
average. walcott will probably be a good little player eventually. i really don't know anything about diaby, while i'm highly sceptical of adebayor.

all in all, a mediocre transfer window...

nidza7

Established Member
i`m very optimisting for these three.Good January for us.Would be perfect if we signed some quality CB!But All in all,I`m very satisfied.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Ratinho said:
Happy.

Also happy that he's made it clear that this is his squad 'complete' for now, so we can leave all the speculation and 'OMFGWTFORLY why haven't we signed <insert plaayer we've probably never even considered here>???', till the summer.

And Theo 8)

You do know you're in the same group as most fans as well mister high and mighty

Lord Dula

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
average. walcott will probably be a good little player eventually. i really don't know anything about diaby, while i'm highly sceptical of adebayor.

all in all, a mediocre transfer window...

Ohhhhh shame

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Mixed feelings really.

Obviously excited at the fact we have actually signed players, and players who seem to have a huge potential.

But still, none will be anywhere near the squad tomorrow, one nowhere near England.

We needed players to make am impact almost straight away, and signing a proven player in his prime would have been nice.

But cant really complain, especailly making Chelsea look like ****s.

AFCFan4Ever

Don't forget Carlos Vela too, I know the deal was done but it couldn't be made official until the window opened. I think this has been a VERY fruitful transfer window for us...all the additions we made will be good for us and be crucial to our future. Diaby and Walcott were absolute steals, we're gonna look back on this in 5-7 years and see that Wenger got one up on everyone with those deals.

IBL

Established Member
Only time will tell how these signings pan out but there is a great deal of potential in these lads and it points to exciting times ahead.

goonerrhino

all 3 signings will give us a great future to look forward to.

Adebayor - strong and powerful (help with plan b, good in the air)
Diaby - Vieira who?
Walcott - Goin to be better than rooney i can tell

Tegh

Established Member
Ice Berg hit the nail on the head.
I can't wait to see each of them in an Arsenal jersey.

yoinkster

I'm not really to bothered who it is we have signed, I just needed reassurance from Wenger that he knew we needed something extra in the squad.
He's bought three players one of which comes with huge amount of hype so I'm ready to sit back and see what Le God has in store for us again.
I trust him and he's made the right choices.
Remember boys and girls,
Wenger knows.

IBL

Established Member
Big signings have never been Arsène's style and to be honest I can't see him changing that stance anytime soon.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
kel varnsen said:
Canuck said:
Ought to put bottoms in seats at The Grove...

you're kidding, right?

ps.
i'm not saying they won't make it here, but they are hardly 'big name players'...

they are not "established" big name players.. Walcott & Diaby were both being sought after by Chelsea , us and some other teams, and Adebayor has the talent to succeed, just a question of mentality, which Wenger can straighten out..

overall, other than a CB, i think we (Wenger) showed that he is truly trying to make the club stronger not just today, but in the future as well.. and as others have said, it will make players like Henry or Ashley think the club is going in the right direction, which can then only bring in OTHER big name players...

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Wenger is building for the future..none of these signing address our current limitations..and the issue regarding "lack of experience". I am not complaining about the signings..i think its easy to talk about fixing short term problems(bring experienced players) but no ones wants to look further down. Majorly fixing short term issues for us will negate the efforts to build the team of the future. I am for the future..because we have a better chance of building a cohesive unit and compete with any top team. We are going the right way in that regard.

Canuck

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Canuck said:
Ought to put bottoms in seats at The Grove...

you're kidding, right?

ps.
i'm not saying they won't make it here, but they are hardly 'big name players'...

Hell no I'm not kidding. Why would I be kidding?
You've good reason to be skeptical. None of them are *world class* or established players, but Walcott alone has significant drawing power. Unless he completely flounders and tanks. Anyone think that's likely given his natural talent and Wenger's tutelage? Adebayor is hardly a house-hold name but a move to Arsenal could be exactly what he needs to put him into that top tier.
We've a young team and a solid reputation for great style.
Would you turn down tickets to AG because most of the players are under 25?

Latest posts

Top Bottom