Your conclusion of the signings made

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Liberace, Jan 20, 2006.

1. nazo

nazo New Member Elite

i have no conclusion yet. i havent seen them play with us yet so how could i rate them?

2. godfather

godfather New Member

agreed.
    but if for free I would like him to come! is he free in the summer?

3. lee1001

lee1001 New Member Trusted

Jesus Kal, why don't you just slit your wrist and put us all out of our misery.

4. Mbaki Mutahaba

Mbaki Mutahaba New Member Trusted

These guys(with an exception of Adebayor) do not have EXPERIENCE. They have potential and I am confident they will step up, but they can't bring experience. If Diaby.has the technical skills and fighting guts as Vieira..that is excellent but he is still very much short of experience..especially for Europe. Its like expecting Cesc to be the answer to Europe now. Experience only comes with time and out of the 3 Adebayor has the most potential of bringing some good returns the earliest cos he does have a bit more experienc but is still very young.

5. Canuck

Canuck New Member Elite

While I like Rosicky as a player. Good creative talent. Have to agree that he would not solve any problems for us at the moment, other than raise the average age of the squad ever so slightly and bring some European experience.

Nor would he 'put bottoms in seats' to be honest.

If we're going to splash cash on that expensive yet necessary mid to late 20's established type player than let it be a defensive signing or two in the summer.

6. RammiXP

RammiXP Active Member

im with kel on this. I think rosicky should have been brought and and we tell pires that he is no longer needed. Rosicky is world class and im sorry we have missed out on really having someone to push cesc a bit as well as his versitillity.

Im very happy with the signings but rosicky would have been the 1st i would have chosen out the 4. Then Diaby, walcott and adebayor.

ah well im just hoping for the best and will look forward to seeing the players.

7. Mbaki Mutahaba

Mbaki Mutahaba New Member Trusted

I don't get the need to get Rosicky if we already have Hleb. Rosicky can never replace Pires because they play two different styles. The only player with his same style in the team is Hleb. Actually hleb is more versatile then Rosicky. We have enough players now that have good vision/control skills in the middle but a little light weight. No need to get another.

8. RammiXP

RammiXP Active Member

sorry its quitre clear helb has been bought as a winger. Rosicky is a central midfield playmaker who can help push cesc with more competition. In my oppion the team should be:

Reyes---GIlberto/diaby----Rosicky/cesc-----Helb

leaving flamini and walcott as reinforcments. In my oppion its time to say good bye and thank you to freddie and pires. Or at least one of them as we need to move on.

9. DC Gunner

DC Gunner New Member

Love the signings and love the prospects.

Where is the defense, we sure need to add strength there as well?

Does anybody envision an immediate impact within the next 2 seasons :?:

10. PacerAdi

PacerAdi New Member

Abou Diaby - Captain and central midfielder of France under 19 European champions. Not actually seen him in action yet, but obviously Wenger and scouts have and have stated that he is in the mould of Pat which is what we all wanted right? If he has the leadership qualities too then all the better.

Emmanuel Adebayor - Highest scorer in African world cup qualifying.
    Great to bring on later in the game if things are not all happening as they should on the floor (fruitless passing attempts around the edge of the box) Will completely change the style of the attack and be handy to race on to balls chipped over the top and/or crosses.

Theo Walcott - The biggest thing to come out of England since Wayne Rooney but with the added pace of Thierry Henry. A lot could happen or not, still early. But I am expectant that it will. I just watched his interview on Arsenal.com and I must say that he is more level headed, mature and seemingly intelligent than a lot of people I know who are twice his age.

I know a lot of us were looking for proven players in their mid twenties but as Arsène says, they are simply not available, it's not just about price. However I believe we have enough depth now to compete at the highest level and perhaps next year, to dominate.

The future's bright, the future's red and white.

11. Kenji

Kenji New Member

happy with sign but I think that we still need a defenser now with the injuries and the CAN

theses players are promising, I hope that they would be successful and become what we (especially wenger) are expecting from them

and maybe we can look for a keeper in summer (I am still waiting for issaksson...)

12. PacerAdi

PacerAdi New Member

One more thing - must hold on to Ashley Cole and add another central defender in the Summer.

13. Wenger14

Wenger14 New Member Elite

Quoted for truth.

14. tactica442

tactica442 Member Trusted

Didn't Arsène say 'three is enough'? I don't think the club will try to sign Rosicky. Time for Dein to negotiate with Henry and Ashley over contract renewal.

15. kel varnsen

kel varnsen New Member Trusted

well, to use a bit of ad hominem. what the hell do you know. '4-3-3 is not similar to 4-5-1' :lol:

rosicky is world class and avaliable. we'd be ****ing insane not to sign him. rosicky would have been a long term replacement for pires and an alternative to cesc...

16. kel varnsen

sorry i'm realistic.

17. Gazza Martinez

Gazza Martinez New Member Elite

Given our defensive crisis, I'm gutted we're not in for De Jong...

18. oreo

oreo New Member

-----------henry/vela----rvp/adebayor--------
    reyes/walcott-cesc/rosiky-diaby--hleb/walcott
    cole/gilbert--senderos-djourou--(new RB)
    ------------------(new GK)--------------------

our future team in2-3 years?

19. kel varnsen

yeah, why do we need sol. we have senderos. why do we need clichy. we have cole...

who says we don't need a player just because we already have someone slightly similar? that is probably the most ******** thing i've read on this board in a long time.

mbaki, you couldn't be, as usual, more wrong...

20. nazo

nazo New Member Elite

to sum it up, depth. :roll: