• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your current state of supporting Arsenal

Will you ever stop supporting or watching Arsenal matches?

• Stopped watching football; it is no longer fun.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Cant have Football controlling my mood hours after a game. IF that ever happens again, like it did bedore. I'll stop watching again. However when we played emeryball couldn't watch after mid October really.

This has less to do with being an arsenal supporter though, and more with why I watch football at all: to be entertained and be on a journey. Would never stop supporting Arsenal. Just like I have not changed my local team.in Sweden even though I never watch my local football anymore.

say yes

forum master baiter
Giving Wenger that new contract in 2017 shook my support to its core. For the first time in my life, I knew the upcoming season was a write-off before it had even begun, and it’s quite hard to sustain interest in a club which has no desire to compete / exists only to rip fans off.

Thankfully, I think that was just a blip caused by inactive owners and a club which wasn’t yet ready to move on from its greatest ever manager. Still recovering from it though. Hard to recover that bond once it’s been broken.

The Emery era wasn’t a success but it was new and initially had me excited again. Not yet back to peak support levels, but Arteta has me hard as a rock.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
For me, it was and always will be the Gunners of London.

Arsenal is my sporting life, think about them everyday and consider the club's success as important as my own family's. Dont think I can ever support another sporting side as I do them.

Wenger got my really following them on a serious level, supported the club as a result of family connections, but only really got into the day to day of the club around the 2000-01 season. As for Arsène, he also added to my love due to his approach to the game and to life itself. Someone I hold in very high regard.

I want this decade to be the one where we re-announce ourselves as the Kings of London and one of the greatest sides in Europe again. I sincerely hope we can rebuild with Arteta on our way there.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
What are you guys supporting now anyway? The badge?
Yes, the badge.

Footballers play for themselves but when you find the right manager you can be a force. Football is extremely cyclical now it will be our turn in the future.

But yeah the money side of things in football is ****ed. Too many contributing factors to how good a team is which has nothing to do with actual football, like what your owner wants out of the club

scytheavatar

Established Member
I am more excited watching MMA than I have been watching football. I bet I am not the only one who follows other sports more closely than football nowadays.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
How could you ever give up on this...

...have posted this before, but that's the beauty of nostalgia...you can enjoy it over and over again :cool:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Swear you were going all in again if they got Poch or Arteta?
I thought so too, but I don’t have it in me anymore. I’m at the edge of a cliff, ready to jump off any time now.

Done with football. Something is coming up for me too, so all my time will be invested in that anyway.

These are my last posts here too, it’s been fun. I’ll stick around to the summer window I think, my last hurrah.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Emery came bloody close to making me stop caring about the game. Before, I'd put things in my personal life off for Arsenal but for the last year I've done the opposite. Under Arteta I'm starting to feel that obsession again.

dbig

Used to wake up at 3-4 am on weekdays to catch our matches. Hardly do that anymore.

Work and kids put paid to that. I still used to watch most of our matches under Wenger on weekends, but hardly bothered anymore during Emery's reign after I realised how **** he was plus it's harder to get streams these days.

Getting a revival with Arteta and the youths.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Emery came bloody close to making me stop caring about the game. Before, I'd put things in my personal life off for Arsenal but for the last year I've done the opposite. Under Arteta I'm starting to feel that obsession again.

I felt the same under Emery too.
There was no thrill to watch as passionately anymore, when you knew we would throw a boring shower of ***.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I thought so too, but I don’t have it in me anymore. I’m at the edge of a cliff, ready to jump off any time now.

Done with football. Something is coming up for me too, so all my time will be invested in that anyway.

These are my last posts here too, it’s been fun. I’ll stick around to the summer window I think, my last hurrah.

You say this every few months!

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Recently, I've not been able to watch us if a bad result is going to hurt. I didn't watch the Man Utd game because defeat at home against that dire Utd side, what with all the positivity Arteta, was unthinkable. I can't let results interfere with other stuff. It's just a game at the end of the day, and you have to treat it as such if you know it could possibly **** a day up. Seeing the result is bad enough, but watching it unfold is so much worse.

Strangely, although I'd lost hope of Emery turning it around, I carried on watching every game to see if certain aspects were improving. I had to disconnect to do that.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

All I care about is arsenal playing good football and liking the manager. I’ll always love us because I watched the games with my dad and he was very proud I was his arsenal daughter so I don’t want that to die.
I get over losses like 20 mins later but then again I always have (would highly recommended meditation/stretching if you find yourself angry over anything for longer than 20 mins btw).
Then after that I dont really watch football outside of us and never have. Don’t know if I’m a football fan or an arsenal fan. If that makes sense. Don’t give a toss about tactics or any of that jazz :lol:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Will always support Arsenal however my passion and care have reduced greatly.

Might just be the case for football in general though

Giving Emery second season shook my Arsenal support to the core. I knew it was a write off right from the beginning. I've been really tested this season but at the end of the day I'm kidding no one.

Never have I skipped as many games as I've done this season. But then there is positives. I went to the bar were I had beer and bread sticks over a game, it is first time in like 3 years or so when I go to the bar and watch game. I've throw things at my television and broken few important things in my living room, I cared. I've cried after loss. I traveled with my family to see us lose against Brighton, I don't think there is more dedication to this club than that.

All in all I felt at start of the season Emery and worst transfer window in history of the club would ruin me but as the season went on and now with Arteta its like I'm starting to allow me to dream again! I even smiled at the girl who makes my coffee every day. I never smile unless I'm breaking puffins neck knowing after they have been smoked good I'm gonna have the best meal of my life again!

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
All I care about is arsenal playing good football and liking the manager. I’ll always love us because I watched the games with my dad and he was very proud I was his arsenal daughter so I don’t want that to die.
I get over losses like 20 mins later but then again I always have (would highly recommended meditation/stretching if you find yourself angry over anything for longer than 20 mins btw).
Then after that I dont really watch football outside of us and never have. Don’t know if I’m a football fan or an arsenal fan. If that makes sense. Don’t give a toss about tactics or any of that jazz :lol:

this is me very much too - perhaps its a woman thing - I'm not into football much at all, only Arsenal, so would/could never switch sides

I have Sky Sports but can never bear to watch our televised games until or unless we're at least two up - I follow games on here instead

Top Bottom