• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Favourite Ever Arsenal Game Under Wenger

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
First 10 games that come to mind ...

Inter Milan 1-5 Arsenal
Arsenal 1-0 Dynamo Kiev
Roma 1-3 Henry
Arsenal 3-1 Juventus
Arsenal 2-0 Lazio

And ...

Man Utd 0-0 Arsenal (Van Horseface penalty miss)
Man Utd 0-1 Arsenal (Title clincher)
Arsenal 3-1 Man Utd (Barthez blunders)
Arsenal 3-2 Aston Villa (Henry last minute strike)
Kanu 3-2 Chelsea (How can we ever forget that???)

Sorry if i've missed any out - but these are the onez that i cud think of off the top of my head. My vote would hav to go to Inter Milan 1-5 Arsenal - runner up would be Kanu 3-2 Chelsea and in third place i'd have Man Utd 0-0 Arsenal.

What do ya think ?

Aussie

Established Member
Kanu 3-2 Chelsea
Man Utd 0-1 Arsenal
Inter Milan 1-5 Arsenal

They are my top three in no particular order however Arsenal V Inter would be my fav.

Gooner_Milton

Inter Milan 1-5 Arse
Arse 4-2 Pool (Henry hat trick, this one really lifted my spirits after that Chelsea game)
Roma 1-3 Arse

goonerling

Liverpool 1 - Arsenal 2. about 2 or 3 seasons ago when we had the gold away kit. It was after that Newcastle game, Henry was now Satan's spawn according to sky, Gio had just been sent off for falling over and we were going to Anfield Tony Adams-less where the season before we'd been hammered 4 - 0.

It was everything. Going a goal up just before half time. Freddie hurtling into the area for the second, after pires had danced around Gerrard and crossed it in for him. Freddie leaping into the crowd of shrieking gooners. Litmanen pulling one back. Henry's reaction at the final whislte.

it was awesome.

r_blair2

I always remember the thumping of Leeds and Boro and Portsmouth. Showed how well arsenal play football

The Mini

Inter 1-5 Arsenal
Roma 1-3 Arsenal
Arsenal 3-1 Juventus

We showed the big ones that we mean business!

kanuuu

Established Member
Arsenal 4 - 0 Everton, in 98 sealing the title.
Inter 1- 5 Arsenal
Man u 0 - 1 Arsenal 2002, winning the tile at OT.

namliam

not a game under wenger..but in his era

Porto 1 - Man u - 1

Loved the game cuz man u completely deserved to win...should have won in fact..and the fact that porto got through really was sheer luck...
the expression on SAF's face was priceless when Jose Mourinho ran to celebrate with his team and lef OT without shaking SAF's hand..
hehe :twisted:

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Henry's reaction at the final whislte.

it was awesome.

I remember his reaction at the end of the newcastle game but what was his reaction after the liverpool game ???

Henry IV

The 2-0 down 3-2 up games against Shaktar Donetsk and Aston Villa were Highbury classics. Also the 3-0 win over Man Utd in September 1998. Obviously the 5-1 win over Inter Milan, but I love the 2-1 triumphs at Anfield in 2001 and 2003. We hardly ever get anything there. The 3-1 win over Juventus was brilliant because of all those brilliant touches Denis took before chipping the ball through for Freddie.

teengooner

Inter 1-5 Arsenal
This one because I was there, and we beat one of the biggest teams in the world in their own back yard by a huge scoreline

ManUre0-0 Arsenal
The Van Horseface penalty miss and the Arsenal players' reactions at the end. Excellent to stick it up 'em.

Mark

Established Member
Inter 1 - 5 Arsenal

Mancs 0 - 1 Arsenal

Arsenal 4 - 2 Liverpool

There have been many more brilliant and memorable games but I felt these games were so important and emotions were running so high. Against Inter, we had been beaten 3-0 at home, and needed to win that game and we absolutely thrashed them with all brilliant goals. Against the mancs, well what can I say? We took the title away from them on their own ground! And the most recent against Liverpool, going behind twice after a terrible week, but showing our character and coming back and getting our season back on track.

D.Dappa

Inter 1-5 Arsenal
Chelsea 2-3 Kanuuuu
Arsenal 3-2 Man Utd (Platt in final minutes, Vieira with a scorcher from outside of area, Anelka with first goal for Arsenal)

Holla

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
What about the 1-0 win home to Liverpool in the FA Cup? That was an absolute belter of a game! Classic.

Also
Home to Kiev 03/04
Away to Leeds 02/03
Away to Man U 01/02
Away to Liverpool 01/02
Home to Man U 01/02
Home to Everton 98.
Away to Man U 98
Home to Man U 97
Home to Sp**s 96 (how noone's mentioned this I do not know)

Sonic Youth

i think the 4-1 away victory at leeds in 2002 was the best arsenal game i've seen under wenger.
the 3-0 thumping of Sp**s in the same year, with that suberb henry goal was great as well (and i was at highbury for that match)

AFCG7

Established Member
goonerling...
That 2-1 win at Anfield was one of the best.. we hadnt won there in a long time, and when that **** Durkin sent Gio off ( he stumbled in the box and the llittle **** booked him for a dive ) we were up against it.. but freddie won us that penalty and then Pires made Gerrard look like **** before setting up FReddie for number two..unbeleivable.
Plus these memorable of 3-2 wins :
v Man U.. remember that Vieira cracker!
v Villa ... Henry at the death won it for us
v Shaktar .. a Martin Keown Double!
v Chelsea .. Kanu Kanu Kanu.. brilliant!

Home against Everton... big Tone finishing it off
Away to Man U .. Wiltoooooorrdddd and the league title at OT
Away to the Spuds.. winning the league at SHL
3-1 win v Chelsea in the FA Cup ( first game ended 2-2 )

Take your pick :)

goonerling

Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
Henry's reaction at the final whislte.

it was awesome.

I remember his reaction at the end of the newcastle game but what was his reaction after the liverpool game ???

he'd been subbed b4 the end of the match and was in his tracksuit and he went onto the pitch at the final whistle not quite punching the air but sort pointing victoriously at it. Really fired up.

AFCG7 - if ever there was a game that would've driven me 2 drink, that would've been it.

A

Anonymous

Liverpool 2-2. The result wasn't right but the football we played that night was out of this world.

Anfield was quiet, because they were spellbound. I dare say, even the travelling Gooners were lost for words.

reggiepaul

ASHBURRN said:
Liverpool 2-2. The result wasn't right but the football we played that night was out of this world.

Anfield was quiet, because they were spellbound. I dare say, even the travelling Gooners were lost for words.

The one where Cygans goal went un-noticed and Heskey scored that late goal?

Yeah interesting game and great football. The night of 1001 hoofs.

KingReyes

Established Member
Manure 0 - Arsenal 1 when we won the league. Just to wee Wenger so happy winning the league in front of Fungus was a moment to cherish.

Top Bottom