• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your Favourite Ever Arsenal Game Under Wenger

reggiepaul

Most games are special but I don't think many Arsenal games can touch the 5-1 at the San Siro. That has to be one of the greatest games we've ever played. Mind blowing stuff!

A

Anonymous

ASHBURRN said:
I dare say, even the travelling Gooners were lost for words.

And how would you know?

Best game under AW was winning at Old Trafford 1-0 thanks to the Overmars goal. Seeing Neville put his hands to his head still makes me laugh. One of the best atmospheres aswell that day.

kanuuu

Established Member
Best game under AW was winning at Old Trafford 1-0 thanks to the Overmars goal. Seeing Neville put his hands to his head still makes me laugh. One of the best atmospheres aswell that day.

And seeing that Gooner in the crown go ****ing mental when we won always send a shiver down my spine.

reggiepaul

Sol said:
ASHBURRN said:
I dare say, even the travelling Gooners were lost for words.

And how would you know?

I do remember singing all the way through the game, if it is last years away fixture. The Liverpool crowd were quiet but they went mental when Elephant Heskey scored.

JazzG

Established Member
When we drew 2-2 against Liverpool we did play quite outstanding. I remember before that match a manc asking me what I thought the score would be, I said I don't think we can win that match. All week long Houllier had gone on about Jeffers dive. In that first half we blew them out of the water, we were going through them at will but couldn't score FFS! This manc at half time was like WTF you on about Jazz, you should be 5-0 up! At halftime their fans were silent, probably trying to figure out how they were only 1-0 behind! That match showed our problems that season, too many chances missed and a big defensive problem. When we were 2-1 up we were playing keep the ball and it was great, I heard Fergie was there and left early as he probably couldn't bare to watch it anymore :D

1-0 when we won the title in manchester, what a win. We knew the title was ours but we had go there and show those ****s we were better. Giggs had been running his mouth about how we wouldn't win. ****ing tosser.

When we beat the mancs 1-0 with that Overmars goal, just knew the title was ours then. The Mancs knew it as well.

5-1 against Inter, had played good but looked like we would be robbed with that flukey Vieri goal. Holding on so well and then when Henry got the ball I screamed at my tele, RUN HENRY, RUN LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER RUN BEFORE. When he couldn't shake of Zanetti and didn't pass to Pires, I thought just keep the ball and then suddenly BANG 3-1, I was lost for words.

2-1 against Liverpool in the 01/02 season, back to the walls job and had to grind one out and boy did we grind it out.

godfather

Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
First 10 games that come to mind ...

Inter Milan 1-5 Arsenal
Arsenal 1-0 Dynamo Kiev
Roma 1-3 Henry
Arsenal 3-1 Juventus
Arsenal 2-0 Lazio

And ...

Man Utd 0-0 Arsenal (Van Horseface penalty miss)
Man Utd 0-1 Arsenal (Title clincher)
Arsenal 3-1 Man Utd (Barthez blunders)
Arsenal 3-2 Aston Villa (Henry last minute strike)
Kanu 3-2 Chelsea (How can we ever forget that???)

Sorry if i've missed any out - but these are the onez that i cud think of off the top of my head. My vote would hav to go to Inter Milan 1-5 Arsenal - runner up would be Kanu 3-2 Chelsea and in third place i'd have Man Utd 0-0 Arsenal.

What do ya think ?

and Arsenal 4-2 Liverpool this year

dsurg

There is also Arsène's first win at Anfield....goin down to ten men...when Van Bronko was wrongfully sent off by Durkin.....Henry from the spot and a brilliant move by Pires past gerrard and Freddie running in at the near post to finish it off....Result Liverpoop 1- The Arsenal 2.....imo that was where the league was won that season...it was also a brilliant game...We ended the season with AW's second double....

Not sure if this one's been mentioned but he 3-1 against Man Utd a few years ago at Highbury, Barthez and Blanc both having absolute howlers.

Also the 5-0 against Newcastle with a Parlour hat-trick deserves an honourable mention.

Biggus

Established Member
What about Leverkusen in the CL a few years ago ooooowwwww that sweet Bergy chip - Oh Denis obi doo Im in love with you Denis obi doo :mrgreen:

raymond

3-1 against Lazio, with the Bergkamp magic tricks to set up Ljungberg
1-3 against Chelsea in the FA Cup 2003 - Team orgy around Lauren
1-5 against Inter...this isn't happening...this isn't happening
1-5 against Pompey - hey, I think I'm a Pompey fan now
2-0 against West Ham to nearly clinch the title in 2002:
unbearable tension for 80 minutes, then...LJUNGBERRRG!!!

kanooo

Aussie said:
Kanu 3-2 Chelsea
Man Utd 0-1 Arsenal
Inter Milan 1-5 Arsenal

They are my top three in no particular order however Arsenal V Inter would be my fav.

We share the same favourtie for the 1st one. 2 nil down and coming back to win 3:2 (with a rare Kanu hatrick).

Also like the 5:1 win against Inter - as well as the 4:2 against Liverpool.

3:2 win against Shakter Donetsk (at Highbury) is not bad as well. Trailing at home and coming back to win 3:2. If I'm not wrong Keown scored two goals, right?

KingReyes

Established Member
kanooo said:
Aussie said:
Kanu 3-2 Chelsea
Man Utd 0-1 Arsenal
Inter Milan 1-5 Arsenal

They are my top three in no particular order however Arsenal V Inter would be my fav.

We share the same favourtie for the 1st one. 2 nil down and coming back to win 3:2 (with a rare Kanu hatrick).

Also like the 5:1 win against Inter - as well as the 4:2 against Liverpool.

3:2 win against Shakter Donetsk (at Highbury) is not bad as well. Trailing at home and coming back to win 3:2. If I'm not wrong Keown scored two goals, right?

He sure did

tbbosa

Cannot forget that Kanu perfomance 3-2 to the Arsenal... the 5-1 at Inter and 3-1 at Roma are soo vivid in my memory, so is that FA replay at chelsea after drawing at Highbury.

Wiltord clincher at O/T ...nice too

Well we have had great memories...but if it were for moments . The HEnry goal against Sp**s and the look on the **** supporters...I loved that!!!
;D

Jkreffer

Established Member
My favourite game has to be 2-1 this year in FA Cup over chelsea. Although 2-1 at Anfield in the 2nd double season was pretty good.

thegreatbriton

People Have Probably Suggested these already but here goes anyway.

1.Versus Everton 97/98. TA scoring the winner. Football Nirvana was reached.
2.Versus ManUre 01/02 WE WON THE LEAGUE IN MANCHESTER !
3.Versus Chelski 02/03 (FA Cup) Ralph scored and we didn't even play Tel !
4.Versus ManUre 03/04. KEOWN !
5.Versus ManUre 01/02 ??. Barthez to Henry for the Last 2 goals.

Top Bottom