• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your first game at Highbury

Tony Montana

Established Member
Actually, you might as well talk about your first couple of games or whatever at highbury. It's probably more interesting.

My first was Arsenal v Liverpool and I was a junior gooner! :D I was in awe of Hihbury, it looked so huge and I loved going down St Thomas's Road (or however you spell it) and Avenell Road with all the supporters milling around. I could barely speak. I went with a mate and his dad (my mate used to suppport Manure since his dad did and was from Bolton). Strangely though, I sat in the North Bank and not the Junior family enclosure. Maybe it didn't exist at the time. I could barely see for a lot of the game because of these tall men who seemed to always be ooooooooohing and aaaaaaaaaaaaarghing. I remember they always stood up when the Arsenal were close to the area and so I would never had seen the goals. As you can guess, it was nil nil final score. These were the days when McManaman and Fowler were still at Liverpool and I recognised Steve from the Premier League sticker book. Other than that, I can't remember much else from that day.

It is the same with Arsenal-**** in 96 or 97. Atmosphere was electric. I was still a junior gooner and I went with other mates and one of their dads and this time we were in the family enclosure. I had the same rush of exhiliration when we walked up to Highbury. In awe of all the big men (Arsenal hooligans :wink: ). Great game but when Tottenham scored it was obviously bad. Actually, being a kid I didn't realise how crap it is to lose to your rivals but I was ecstatic when Adams scored in the 88th minute and then Bergkamp. His goal was on the goal of the month competiton on MOTD. I was right where he shot, in the West Stand and I was amazed at how close I was to an Arsenal Hero. It was fantastic, despite the rain pissing us off.

What were your first games like peeps?

maradona

Opening game of the 1983-84 season, Charlie Nicholas debut against Luton, glorious sunshine, glorious game........Charlie Charlie Charlie Charlie!, still one of my favourite Arsenal players!

Spike

Established Member
My first game was Arsenal v Southampton, the game following Old Trafford. The highlight of it was Robin Van Persie's last minute equaliser, and I remember we could have won it at the end. Final result 2-2.

Josh27

My first game at Highbury was Paul Merson's testimonial. I was quite young, can't remember what year it was, 96?

Second game was the 5-0 thrashing of Barnsley in the 97/98 season. Bergkamp got 2, Parlour, Platt and Wrighty with a goal each...if I remember correctly ;)

my first game was arsenal vs man utd october 2000 (what a first game). where henry scored that beauty of a goal to lob bartez. i couldnt see much and was standing on my chair the whole game so that i could see anything as i was only 10. i was in the north bank and kept saying to my dad this is the closest i will get to david seamen.

IBL

Established Member
My First game was against Bolton in 2002, the game was poised at 1-1 till the dying minutes when suddenly Kanu popped up to big-toe the ball in from close range, it was amazing to experience a late winning goal like that, one that I'll never forget. My last match was our previous one against Charlton, am going to at least two more this season and if luck is with me the final game ever at Highbury....what an occasion that will be!

9Reyes

My first game was home against everton in 2004, which was the first game of the season...and we did pretty well that season!

Arsenal won 2-1, remember campbell was sent off, and henry and pires scored the goals for us...and radsinzki for everton.

After the game I got autograph's from radsinzki, stubbs.....and ray parlour!!

It was a pretty good day, And it was the started of a pretty good season!!

Gurgen

Established Member
My first of only two Highbury trips was vs. ManU in 2003.

The first Henry goal hit his calf and the second one was offside :lol:
Ruud scored right in front of me as well. The ****.

koivu

My first match at Highbury was a 1-0 loss to Boro in the Carling Cup Semi-Final first leg in early 2004. I would have made it out earlier if I wasn't living on the other side of the world.

We fielded a mix of youth and experience in that match, I believe Keown was the skipper for the evening with Gilberto, Edu, Parlour and Kanu the experienced players and Quincy, Bentley, Stack, Clichy & Toure were the young. Oh, and there was one dude called Cygan.

A disappointing result but it was only the first leg and we rested all of the big guns...we were playing Borough something like 4 times in the space of a month so they were bound to beat us eventually. Juninho's free kick was the difference.

My first league match was a 2-0 win over Southampton in February 2004. Henry bagged a brace, including his 100th league goal. Was my first time seeing Henry, Paddy, Pires, Reyes, etc. in action. An amazing evening that I will never forget.

In total I've seen us play 27 matches, most of which were at Highbury. I'm so lucky to have been able to move over here to experience Highbury and will be sad to for us to leave Highbury and for me to leave London.

phonics

My first(and only Arsenal match) was against Sp**s. I got plenty of anti-Sp**s propaganda from the stalls, it was when we were still sponsored by Sega as I remember you could play dreamcast before kick off :D

I must of been only about 11,12 walking about wearing a fake south park t-shirt saying Sp**s suck my chocolate salty balls :)

cait

I've been lurking here for months now.. no better time to start posting I suppose. My first game at Highbury was on Saturday! It was an incredible experience for me and I loved every single second of it..

nORg@

sorry for this but i have a test in the morning and i need this answers to pass it :eek:ops:

Uper memory
wich memory is the first 64 KB extmemory # high memory
wich hardver memory of RAM # Memory menagment unit
wich edit windows 98 configiragation files # Sys Edit
What is the name of the Windows 2000 Swap Files #PAGE FILe
wich files is respasible the AUTO EXEC? # COMAND.COM
wich files or program extendit memory? # HIMEM.SYS
wich DOS funktions # MSDOS
Wich files 32 bit Windows 9X? # CONFIG.SYS
Wich tree DOS COMMAND .........
WIch DOS OF TEXT file # Type
Wich Dos the status of a disk ? # chksdsk
Wich DOs installing all files and subnetstrions # deltre
Wich comands cheks a file a copied # Copy/v
wich config Sys line will haed the mause driver into uper memeory # Devicehighc;Dos mause
What does The DOS command Format A a do?# copies the a Drive
wich sitiuation will generate a general Fault# One applicanions
Wich component opereting system Data ? # File menagment system
Wich opereiting system and runing program # Kernel
Wich memory # 0 - 640K!

My first, and only, game at Highbury, was the year after Winterburn left for West Ham. And the game this day was against West Ham. We scored 2 goals in the first 10 or 15 min. And won the game 3-0. it was a fantastic game. Remeber at half time Winterburn came over to our end and aplaused us for some time. We had all been singing his name for the whole first half. It was just great for me to watch our players live.. Always smile when I think of that game.

Rocafella

Established Member
I think it was Arsenal vs Blackburn in 94. I only remember brief flashbacks of it as I was a young kid and I wasn't really paying attention anyway, I was just standing up looking round at the rest of the crowd behind me. I do remember seeing Ian Wright though.

phonics

nORg@ said:
sorry for this but i have a test in the morning and i need this answers to pass it :eek:ops:

Uper memory
wich memory is the first 64 KB extmemory # high memory
wich hardver memory of RAM # Memory menagment unit
wich edit windows 98 configiragation files # Sys Edit
What is the name of the Windows 2000 Swap Files #PAGE FILe
wich files is respasible the AUTO EXEC? # COMAND.COM
wich files or program extendit memory? # HIMEM.SYS
wich DOS funktions # MSDOS
Wich files 32 bit Windows 9X? # CONFIG.SYS
Wich tree DOS COMMAND .........
WIch DOS OF TEXT file # Type
Wich Dos the status of a disk ? # chksdsk
Wich DOs installing all files and subnetstrions # deltre
Wich comands cheks a file a copied # Copy/v
wich config Sys line will haed the mause driver into uper memeory # Devicehighc;Dos mause
What does The DOS command Format A a do?# copies the a Drive
wich sitiuation will generate a general Fault# One applicanions
Wich component opereting system Data ? # File menagment system
Wich opereiting system and runing program # Kernel
Wich memory # 0 - 640K!

so it's totally applicable in here is it?

nazo

Established Member
int x = 0;
etc...

That's what i remember from program coding and computer ****.

Back on topic, i've never been to Highbury because i live all the way across the world, but i'm sure i will get a chance to go to the new stadium in the next couple of years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom