• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your first game at Highbury

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
America, that's where he's from. Why does the letter 'you' change to 'you'? Mods, you're mucking this up. All because you don't want us to Write Man you. :roll:

No, because certain people on this forum do not heed the warnings they are given regarding text language.

Like it takes much more time to type "Man Yoo" or "Man United" anyway.. :roll: :roll:

I'd also like to add that I actually did this about 3 weeks ago now, if you've only just noticed, then the forum can't be that "mucked up", can it?

My first game was vs Sp**s about '91 i think.
i was a bout 4 foot nothing and standing on the north bank, i couldnt hardly see anything, till someone gave me a bucket stand on.
how on earth a bucket got in there i dont know.
we won 2-0 any way

cescypoos

My first game at Highbury is going to be against Villa, a week Saturday. So I'm expecting a warm reception and a few pints too. I ll be the one chanting Cesc's name like a mad man. :)

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Sheffield United September 91, I think I wrote quite an exhaustive piece detailing my memories a while ago, so I won't bore you all further, suffice to say we won 5-2.

Kraig

Established Member
ive been trying desperately to go but it appears it will never happen for me! which im totally gutted about!

Tony Montana

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Sheffield United September 91, I think I wrote quite an exhaustive piece detailing my memories a while ago, so I won't bore you all further, suffice to say we won 5-2.
Please tell us. Not all of us have read about your little outing. I haven't anyway.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Here the piece is.

Didn't mention who scored the goals, twice the age now that I was then (and that's a scary realisation) I can't particularly remember now, but I do know that Rocky scored, Dixon bagged a penalty, and I think Smith, Campbell and Perry Groves (!) got the others.

maradona

All this thread has managed to do is make me feel like one of the oldest gooners around. Cheers :cry:

johnk9uk

86 Vs Man City and viewed from the East Upper. It was Merson's debut and we won 3-0 but I was only 7 at the time and only really remember the brightness of the floodlights and the size of the place!

Tony Montana

Established Member
maradona said:
All this thread has managed to do is make me feel like one of the oldest gooners around. Cheers :cry:

What was your first time like mate?

By the way Paul :wink: , that was a nice article. Highbury is a wonder.

longrufus

Established Member
Cant remember my first game, seems like ages ago, but what i do remember is Bergkamp, was brlliant. But one game in particular does stck in my head, seeing us get stuffed 4-2 by Charlton a few years back.

Gort

My first game at Highbury was at the end of the 1979-80 season (last game, I believe... at least last home game), where we played Nottingham Forest and drew 0-0 (not exactly an exciting start ;) ). The next game was the first game of the next season, where I think we beat Stoke City 2-0. My first game could have been against West Bromich Albion, a week or so before the Forest one, but some family thing turned up that meant I couldn't go.

Dougan17

My first game was this past summer against Newcastle. I've lived in the U.S. my whole life and by sheer luck fell in love with Arsenal at a young age and was finally able to go this past summer when me and my family went to Ireland and London. I'm looking to take a study abroad semester in London and pick up a bunch of tickets.

GlasGreenGunner

Arsenal v PSG in the second leg semi final of the Cup Winners Cup.
Even got to run on the park at the end.
That was one long day I can tell you.
Was awake for over 24 hours as we bussed it down the night before, spent all day wandering about London, then bussed back up right after the game.
Great night though, especially throwing the scrunched up paper mosaic sheets at Ginola after his comments that he didn't rate Dixon and was gonna run him into the ground.

RammiXP

My first match was Arsenal Vs Wimbeldon

30/12/1995 H 1 - 3 L 37640

I was 10 years old and it was the best exiprence ever even though we lost. I sat in the North bank and just remember it being the most amzing and breath taking expirence.

So many people at a football match in comparison to my new local Side Peterbrough who would never get more than around 8000 fans at the time.

Seeing heros like Wrighty and Adams was amazing and i will never forget it

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Arsenal vs Norwich, 1982 (I think) finished 1-1 (I think).

As you can see cant remember much about it, was only young.

awooga83

Established Member
My first was Arsenal v Newcastle in 1999 i think finished 0-0 and Vieira hit a shot that smacked off the upright and there was debate over whether it had crossed the line or not wasn't the greatest match but the fact that i was actually at Highbury and to see the Stadium in the flesh was amazing and worth the trip alone.

Top Bottom