• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your minimal requirements for a successful season 14/15 ed

onetowatch

Re: Your minimal requirements for a successful season 14/15

We should be challenging for the title so the league season is already a failure.

Revised minimum for me is 3rd place and within single figures of the champions. Hard to see us improve on last seasons points tally of 79 points seeing as the maximum we can achieve now is 90 points.

CL semi final.

A return of wengerball.

Some improvement on the injury front.

Win 2 of our 3 matches against City, Chelsea and Utd.

BobP

Memri Fan

3rd in the league.

Difficult to state my requirements for CL because anything could happen past this point in terms of draws, has to be the QF at this stage, would love a SF run though.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

Minimum for success -
2nd in the table
FA cup retained
Champion's league final
Adding a GOOD holding midfielder in January

this is minimum standards for success not minimum standards, I could call that successful in that we progressed and finally got a lot off our backs about putting a run in the Champion's league together. Players will see that we're a lot stronger and want to join us. More money in for higher finishes. We have badly needed an effective holding midfielder for years now and its getting more and more obvious its the reason why we're conceding and losing control of games. I can't view anything other those a success. Anything less is really a dissapointment.

onetowatch

onetowatch said:
We should be challenging for the title so the league season is already a failure.

Revised minimum for me is 3rd place and within single figures of the champions. Hard to see us improve on last seasons points tally of 79 points seeing as the maximum we can achieve now is 90 points.

CL semi final.

A return of wengerball.

Some improvement on the injury front.

Win 2 of our 3 matches against City, Chelsea and Utd.

Wengerball is back and we've beaten City. We're also getting players back and though Debuchy's injury is highly annoying it has given an opportunity to the exciting Bellerin.

Beat Chelsea or Utd, come 3rd and win the CL and I'll be happy :D

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Win the CL and I'll go on drinking binge so heavy that Pete Doherty would throw his nose up at. Win the CL and we could come 17 for all I care :lol:

I don't think we will, but I'm quite confident we won't embarrass ourselves whatever happens. Beating Monaco is definitely objective number 1 anyways, after that I can dream.

Minimum achievement, CL quarter finals and 3rd place would be progression. Would like to retain the FA Cup.

Uncle Mike

Established Member

Finishing 3rd, retaining the FA Cup, and reaching the Semifinals of the CL would make the Wenger Outers look like idiots.

That is my minimum requirement: Making the Wenger Outers look like idiots.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

The law of averages means the Wenger Outers will look like idiots at some point, Mike.

It hasn't been going well for the Wenger Inners lately, has it? What's the score on that front, 9-1 to the Wenger Outers?

Am I doing this right?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Tir Na Nog said:
Win the CL and I'll go on drinking binge so heavy that Pete Doherty would throw his nose up at.

He's on the wagon, lad. No drink or crack anymore for Pete. He's snorting burgers and mainlining butter, by the looks of him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Say what you want about the white lady but it does give you one hell of a figure.

BobP

Memri Fan

The treble is on...

In all seriousness though, FA Cup win, 3rd in the league and QF or SF in CL dependent on draw.

Anzac

Established Member

BobP said:
The treble is on...

In all seriousness though, FA Cup win, 3rd in the league and QF or SF in CL dependent on draw.

As of this w/end's results we should make the FA Cup Final at least.
If Citeh continue to implode and we build upon the performance at Citeh then we should be challenging for 2nd in the PL.
CL Q/F's are an expectation at this point as is.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

BobP said:
The treble is on...

That would do damn nicely. A Cup run is definitely on the cards. Fingers crossed for a good draw on Monday. 2nd is still in sight but 3rd would be massive as we'd not have to deal with that CL qualifier.

BTW, if an English team wins the Europa League, do we get 5 spots in the CL or 4th place misses out?

Iceman10

Established Member

^ If an English team wins the Europa League that will be an additional entry to the CL and so there will be 5 spots.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Iceman10 said:
^ If an English team wins the Europa League that will be an additional entry to the CL and so there will be 5 spots.

Huh?
I must be mistaken, but I've read there won't be an additional spot, rather that finishing 4th would no longer mean CL as this place goes to the EL winner.

Toast

Established Member

^ I thought so too, but apparently they do just add a spot.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2778224/Boost-Tottenham-Everton-UEFA-confirm-FIVE-Premier-League-clubs-feature-Champions-League.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eague.html</a>

Iceman10

Established Member

I thought that originally when the plans were voted on, but then there was some clarification as in this article for example:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2778224/Boost-Tottenham-Everton-UEFA-confirm-FIVE-Premier-League-clubs-feature-Champions-League.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eague.html</a>

Edit: Toast, same article, same time. lol.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

My requirements are still to challenge for the title. If we can put a real run together beating Chelsea Liverpool and United then I dont see why we shouldn't be there or there abouts come May. A lot of football still to be played Chelsea haven't won in two games I think City are a bit down and out and United aren't any great shakes. 4 draws and us beating Chelsea puts us two points behind, it's Still possible in dreamland and most importantly reality.

onetowatch

If we win every one of our remaining 17 games we end with 87 points which is round about what you need to win the title most seasons.

We will be nowhere near the title. Our poor start ****ed us.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Season is definitely a disappointment, we were in a position where we needed a solid midfielder and a top class forward to challenge for the title.

We all knew what we needed but I think it came down to us not being as rich as we think (which is something we'll never truly know) and having to spend a lot on replacements for outgoing players rather than improving our squad.

3rd is the requirement for this season for me, no way can we let this **** united team leapfrog from 7th to 3rd at our expense.

Top Bottom